• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Thinking of IM'ing Ketamine

I've found K to be usually cut with normal salt or msg. Can usually be IMd safely. Probably not advisable but I do it
Yeah I've defo shot msg cut stuff into muscles and veins. Makes the injection site on the muscle a little sorer then if it isn't cut, but not for too long.
Definitely can't be good for your muscles though! ☠️
And the taste you get in your throat when you IV msg cut stuff is so fuckin nasty 🤢 and the jitters you get too, ruins the whole experience imo

Youre advice is solid.

27g 1/2inch is perfect for those of normal body weight and body fat. I've used steroids and drugs with those for years.

I used a 21g 1in needle once and it hurt so fucking bad, while the small insulin ones don't hurt at all. I would never use a harpoon like that.. ridiculous unless you're obese.
Where are you shooting with such a short needle? Are you sure you're hitting the muscle and not doing subcutaneous?

I am somewhat skinny (BMI~17) and 1" is barely enough to hit the vastus lateralis. I can definitely feel the needle entering the muscle during the last 2-3 millimeters. There is a little pain, which can be mitigated by going slowly and releasing the plunger slowly.

As far as gauges go, I find 25G to be the sweet spot, but I've also used 22G and 23G with great success. I can't really find thinner needles with an adequate length anyway, and I wouldn't want to do so as they will snap more easily.

Also, for anyone reading and considering i.m., I can't stress enough the importance of using 0.2 micron filters! Anything else is downright dangerous.

My bodyfat is probably floating around +-15% mark. I don't inject drugs but I use AAS. For intramuscular injections I hit the muscle with a insuline syringe, even with quads. There's really no reason to get such a harpoon needle IMO.

That being said I'd like to IM ketamine and I do have S and R ketamine tested at 87% (max purity). But I still find it sketcy, what if abcesses happen. I'd rather get pharma vials but they seem hard to get.

Sometimes when I'm in a state that doesn't have easy access to needles, ill go to tractor supply store and pick up some goat syringes (for IM only obviously). Now some of those, like the 21 gauge when I went to one out of stock, can be painful lol

ive used 21G before. does hurt a bit haha. stupidly used it for IV a few times too, even in my hand, veins still intact surprisingly enough
25G defo my sweet spot for IM, is usually what i use for IV too

goat syringe, lol

Forgive me, this is probably the wrong thread, but I see no megathread. I'm going to be doing some ketamine soon but will have a limited amount compared to usual and want to get the most benefit. Is rectal administration BA up there with IV, or barely more potent than IM?

Forgive me, this is probably the wrong thread, but I see no megathread. I'm going to be doing some ketamine soon but will have a limited amount compared to usual and want to get the most benefit. Is rectal administration BA up there with IV, or barely more potent than IM?
What does BA stand for? In any case, rectal is one of the least efficient ways of dosing ketamine. 80 mg rectal felt like about 20 mg IM when I tried it.

Is rectal administration BA up there with IV, or barely more potent than IM?

Apparently its better than snorting it but not as good as IM or IV, there's loads of stuff you'll need to get right too, like how far up the syringe goes and make sure you poop first or it will just all soak into the poop lol, I've not tried it, I don't know why, I like snorting it, and liked IM'ing for a short while, but I've heard it's not bad up the butt lol

IR was always hit or miss for me. I had experiences much stronger than an equivalent nasal dose, and weaker experiences on much larger doses from the same batch. Probably it was due to fluctuating pH levels, slight differences in technique, or tolerance from other dissociatives.

Recently I got a couple vials and I'm planning to IM some soon. The thought of needles makes me nauseous and I've never used IM or IV with anything, but I've always wanted to IM ketamine in particular, so I'm quite excited. Aside from using nitrous on a few occasions, I haven't used any dissociatives proper in about 7 months, so my tolerance should be down enough to have some great experiences.

I ordered some 25G 1" syringes along with some 0.2 micron wheel filters. The filters are likely unnecessary since it's in pharmaceutical vials, but I'd rather be cautious than not. I want to be alone when I do it, so I'll probably just go with the deltoid.

Maybe cos its in the fat with poorer blood vessels but IM can bring a tear to the eye.

I've never snorted k. I've never had k that wasn't from a pharmaceutical injection solution. I stopped by to say if you really want to experience a real hole iv is the way to go. I prefer 180mg iv. I don't know that i would want to shoot what it sounds like the op is getting though.