• TDS Moderators: deficiT | D's | JessFR
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Squeaky

Bluelighter
Sorry to hear the feel like garbage 😖
I am there as well down to very little Hydro, some. kratom , and 300 gaba in the evening to sleep !
I was told to try Gaba in morning with food , will give energy ? Any thoughts guys ??
Tha aka
Gaba and Lyrica both make me drowsy, about the same as alcohol. Best bet is probably to try it on a day that you can afford to lose. Don’t forget the tolerance jumps up pretty fast, and the effect may change with dosage.

Squeaky

Bluelighter
Down to taking 2mg buprenorphine every couple days. Noooowww I'm starting to feel like mostly garbage, especially considering I'm now off of celexa, abilify, and zyprexa as well. My emotions and feelings are all flooding back very strongly, and it is both great and terribly uncomfortable.
@Pumpkin2021 , I dont really know ???
I think I would love to be off all three?
I have been on Hydro, the longest , slowly moving up to daily, over 5-6 years!
I know your ultimate goal is to be off all 3. The problem I see is that they all have depression and anxiety in the front row during withdrawals. If I was in your shoes(and I have been: Pregablin, oxycodone, and Lorazepam). Pick the one you hate the least, doesn’t matter why you hate the others more (flavor, cost, legality) and postpone that one to quit after you are comfortably past the wds from the first round. For me, ‘quitting 2 of my meds’ together feels a $h1T load easier than ‘cold turkey off all my meds’
Also, I don’t know which part of the withdrawals would be worst for you(everyone is different), but the anxiety and depression is horrible for me. I think that if I had quit the Lorazepam, Pregablin, and oxy all at the same time I would have fallen off the wagon for sure and maybe even hurt myself. I chose to end the oxy first, probably because it wasn’t using it for sleep and I am most concerned about insomnia.
And part of the anxiety during withdrawals is simply knowing that something big in your life is changing. Going from taking pills 3 times a day to zero feels huge. But cutting back 2 pills from each time you take pills today feels way less substantial.
Of course I don’t know your situation and maybe this won’t fit into your lifestyle.

Squeaky

Bluelighter
I used my pills yesterday. I was having an exceptionally rough day. Honestly, I have been out of my pills for most of my major flare-ups in the past two years. I would get mad at myself when I had pain off the chart and no pills because I knew it was my fault for using them when my pain was bearable.
I don’t want to romanticize this. It was really great to have them when I needed them. It had been close to 4 weeks without (5 days since I got it filled). I think the next move is to test myself and see how I handle today without pills. I gave my wife specific instructions to NOT let me have any today regardless of what’s happening or how much I’m hurting. Hopefully that will stop me dreaming about pain relief...

Last edited:

Squeaky

Bluelighter
I’m feeling pretty crappy today, but it might just be from all of the beer I used to wash down yesterday’s pills🥵

Squeaky

Bluelighter
I took some Kratom. 10 minutes later I feel almost normal. I reckon I feel crappy just from the wds after one evening of oxy. That green crap has never helped me with a hangover