• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do it myself too. I hope people who taper succeed in it. Its definitely possible. Cigs are my worst habit and gotta cut that shit. Like its way worse than bupre in every level. But I just cant do bupre anymore. Quitting bupre first is easier and more important as its draining my money.

I do it myself too. I hope people who taper succeed in it. Its definitely possible. Cigs are my worst habit and gotta cut that shit. Like its way worse than bupre in every level. But I just cant do bupre anymore. Quitting bupre first is easier and more important as its draining my money.
Cigarettes are TERRIBLE. The less of those can never ever be worse. You shouldn't reall smoke. It's not good for you. So the less tjat you will do it will be so much better. Were you brought up around it ( ? ) to influence your focus on inhaling nicotine blasts! 😮

Edit: Yes, it is a bad habit that is detrimental to optimum health ! ❗

I wasnt, i started chainsmoking when i started online poker just before army. Needless to say, i Lost a Lot to the poker. Quit that but the cigs stayed. But Cant justify smoking 30 cigs a day anymore. I Cant change every thing but i CAN change my habits.

I wasnt, i started chainsmoking when i started online poker just before army. Needless to say, i Lost a Lot to the poker. Quit that but the cigs stayed. But Cant justify smoking 30 cigs a day anymore. I Cant change every thing but i CAN change my habits.
WOW !

Cigs will always be the hardest vice to kick, imo anyway. Cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, etc. All minor compared to Great Mamajamma Nicotine. It's either the oral fixation, or the slow + steady self harm that gets us off I guess.

Cigs will always be the hardest vice to kick, imo anyway. Cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, etc. All minor compared to Great Mamajamma Nicotine. It's either the oral fixation, or the slow + steady self harm that gets us off I guess.
I managed a couple years off using mushrooms as a catalyst. Nowadays I can take it or leave it but long gone are the 20+ cigs a day for years.

Also, I quite like nicotine gum when I have it.

So I got addicted to bupre. The shittiest drug there is. What are even withdrawals. Im ready for em nonetheless, tho shouldnt get much of them. Bupre sucks, but its the best stabilization drug there is. Im a fucking junkie though, bupre is barely a drug.

How long do you plan on tapering? What starting dose? Withdrawals suck man sorry you're going through them, but bupre was kinda bearable for me if I had enough buscopan and immodium...can't stress the buscopan enough.

Once I jumped off 0.2mg and didn't have to clutch my stomach the entire time it was almost bearable. Mostly just dealt with sweating / hot cold flashes

I tapered to under 1mg a day. I jumped of 3 days ago. Still no withdrawals, been taking klonopin and gabapentin. I didnt take it for long so this might be the worst its gonna get.

Like my opiate tolerances are sky high but I just dont get withdrawals. Its mostly a mental thing, it aint a coincidence I always think "I dont get withdrawals", I think.

Anyone know if pregabalin is noticeably better than gabapentin for opioid withdrawals?
I have tried both and got no relief. Pregablin is f’ing amazing for sleep though. I have a script but I don’t like them so I just stockpile them. I have given some away to two different people to use for sleep and they both had the same exact experience as I do:
On an empty stomach (and preferably after drinking very little fluids all day), 300 mg Lyrica[Pregablin] orally with a little water. Exactly 2 hours later the sandman comes without warning and puts you in a sleep-coma like you have never experienced. Literally you go from feeling nothing to falling asleep mid-sentence. And it lasts for 10 hours if you’re not suffering from anything, but minimum 6 hours even through opiate wd. I say stay away from fluids because the sleep you will get is so deep that you most likely will not wake up to pee. You might wet the bed though.....
You wake up the next day with a weird chemical taste in your mouth for an hour or two, but it’s barely noticeable. The only drawback is tolerance and dependency comes crazy fast with Lyrica. So, if 300 mg got you great sleep on Monday, by Friday you might need 900 mg to get the same. And it only takes 3 days of use for me to get wd’s pretty bad (insomnia, nausea, and scrambled brains). 3 days of use=3 days of tapering for me.

EDIT: And I recommend avoiding alcohol. It’s like letting 2 bullies play in the same sandbox. Twice now I have woken up in the middle of the night, in the middle of peeing somewhere very strange. I didn’t remember getting out of bed, or walking into the kitchen and pulling down my pants. I just woke up in the middle of peeing into a casserole dish. (This was after 300 mg Lyrica and s fifth of gin)

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Once I overdosed pretty hard on benzos, heroin and alcohol, like my kidneys were gone and my muscles were breaking up, I didnt sleep more than 3 hours a night for 3 months, except the first night I got home and took 600mg pregabalin. Thanks for answering.

Hi Squeaky, I hope you are well with the pandemic, physically, at least. I read a little bit here and see that you are still progressing to quitting the pain pills.
I am home alot, to avoid getting the virus, and work remotely from my house most of the time. It does kind of remind me of my time addicted to the pain pills, when I did not want to leave the house because I was waiting to take a pill, feeling sick because my tolerance was so high, or just depressed from the effects of all of the above.
Stay safe, and take good care of yourself.

Took me 3 years to go from IV heroin and oxy to methadone. Took me 4 years to go from 120mg to 30mg of methadone a day. Now 4 years later I'm still on 20mg a day. Really tearing this band aid off slowly. Not to mention I cant sleep or work while sick so I have been taking 7 days worth of methadone in 5-6 the entire time, thus I have spent literally every weekend for the last 8 years dope sick, for no real reason.

Any advice not to be a fool living repeat groundhogs day style would be appreciated. I live a healthy straight life overall, have kinks to iron out mentally, but I'm just killing myself with this methadone tapering business. I have just enough self control to make my methadone last 6 days, but not 7, no matter the dose, and I can't figure out why, and its been this way for years. Mental illness is a hell of a drug. At least I'm on a tiny dose of methadone, I guess.

@Squeaky
I found out how long you will suffer to get tolerance back down.
I messed up so bad last month.
The worst I have ever done.
I went through 14 days without my MS Contin.
My tolerance was so high that it took double my daily dose to hold me.
I took a lot of Kratom during that time.
You are right, it does work pretty good.
(this was the first time that I did not take loperamide along with the Kratom for withdrawal)
It did not stop the Opiate withdrawal hot flashes and sweating though.
I was in moderate withdrawal those 14 days with just the Kratom.
Never again do I want to go through this.
So, I got my prescription filled on the 3 rd.
I handed it over to my mom to give to me.
I gave her strict instructions and admitted that I can NOT give my pain medication to myself EVER again and begged for help.
I have been in a little more withdrawal taking my prescribed amount of MS Contin and just dropping the Kratom.
Today is the 10th and I am stabilizing.
I have gone through major hot/ cold flashes and sweating like crazy.
Yesterday I noticed my prescribed amount was starting to hold me again.
I thought I would post so you know what you would be facing to get back down to just using your prescribed amount of oxy to hold you again.
I am SO happy to be back down to prescribed amount working again!
OMG! It was hard but I was functional the whole time.
Moderate withdrawal the whole time.
I am going to stick here like glue.
My chronic pain feels so much better now also.
The best part is now I don’t have to worry about running out!
I don’t have to wake up in the night and choke down a spoonful of that disgusting Kratom powder!
I hated swallowing that stuff!
Coughing up powder!
Yuck! Never again.
I hope you are doing well and I understand if that is working for you.
I just thought I would post what it took to get tolerance back down.
I am sure there are many out there wondering this also.
Takes about 8 days (if we don’t count the 14 days on just Kratom).

Merry Christmas everyone!
This has been a shit year.
Here is to hoping the New Year will be better for us all.
Cheers!
❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
@Squeaky
I found out how long you will suffer to get tolerance back down.
I messed up so bad last month.
The worst I have ever done.
I went through 14 days without my MS Contin.
My tolerance was so high that it took double my daily dose to hold me.
I took a lot of Kratom during that time.
You are right, it does work pretty good.
(this was the first time that I did not take loperamide along with the Kratom for withdrawal)
It did not stop the Opiate withdrawal hot flashes and sweating though.
I was in moderate withdrawal those 14 days with just the Kratom.
Never again do I want to go through this.
So, I got my prescription filled on the 3 rd.
I handed it over to my mom to give to me.
I gave her strict instructions and admitted that I can NOT give my pain medication to myself EVER again and begged for help.
I have been in a little more withdrawal taking my prescribed amount of MS Contin and just dropping the Kratom.
Today is the 10th and I am stabilizing.
I have gone through major hot/ cold flashes and sweating like crazy.
Yesterday I noticed my prescribed amount was starting to hold me again.
I thought I would post so you know what you would be facing to get back down to just using your prescribed amount of oxy to hold you again.
I am SO happy to be back down to prescribed amount working again!
OMG! It was hard but I was functional the whole time.
Moderate withdrawal the whole time.
I am going to stick here like glue.
My chronic pain feels so much better now also.
The best part is now I don’t have to worry about running out!
I don’t have to wake up in the night and choke down a spoonful of that disgusting Kratom powder!
I hated swallowing that stuff!
Coughing up powder!
Yuck! Never again.
I hope you are doing well and I understand if that is working for you.
I just thought I would post what it took to get tolerance back down.
I am sure there are many out there wondering this also.
Takes about 8 days (if we don’t count the 14 days on just Kratom).

Merry Christmas everyone!
This has been a shit year.
Here is to hoping the New Year will be better for us all.
Cheers!
❤️❤️❤️
I just want to be done with it all. Pain. Pills. Powder. Stress. Life. Pandemic.
It’s wearing me out. Killing me slowly. Sounds like a country song.
If I play this record backwards... do I get my wife, house, and dogs back?

I actually don’t want my tolerance back down anymore. The wd’s at this stage are not so difficult. At the beginning the pills worked. Then I was on disability and I could just stay in bed if I needed. Then I had to go back to work and I needed more than the Dr would give. Then more surgeries and more disability and more pills. At some point I was in serious withdrawals about 3 weeks out of every month and going to work every day.
Now I have one good week, a couple days of feeling like a loser, and 3 weeks of Kratom every month. Hopefully my next move will be just Kratom without the other mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.