Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Social Network

Rate this film"

• Total voters

queenbee1127

Bluelighter
Saw this on Saturday and thought it was awesome. I read somewhere that Mark Zuckerburg was boycotting the film because of the way the film portrayed him, but I thought his character was quite witty.

Discuss.

The film was great. I appreciated how the “dark side of Facebook” was presented because I knew the website had some dicey beginnings. The movie score was absolutely amazing. Definitely had some NIN feel to some of it. Justin Timberlake did an excellent job at Sean Parker. The most recent Vanity Fair had a full article/interview on the real Sean Parker and for the most part, Timberlake was spot on. Aaron Sorkin HAD to be coked out when he wrote this movie because some of the dialog was just like…WOW!

I always love sign-of-the-times type movies, especially for the music. I remember when The Sound of Violence by Cassius came out. The movie brought back some of those memories.

A+

I get angy that this film is about facebook instead of myspace........wasn't myspace first or am I crazy??

myspace was before facebook. they even make a reference to both myspace and friendster in this movie. but the movie isn't about how social networking started. it was about facebook.

why are you angry the film is about facebook?

But on a side note, I did watch this movie online and it is a fantastic movie :)

i loved this move. the part where he tells off the winklevoss's lawyer gave me fucking chills. Jesse Eisenberg was great in this movie. he looked so dark and just..scary in this! i loved it! the fastpaced dialogue had me cracking up! timberlake did an awesome job with his role as well... all around great movie!

^ Bahahaha I love the part where the lawyer says "Winklevoss's" as a plural and Mark's character responds by calling them "Winklevi".

Laughed out loud in the theatre for a good five minutes at that one.

Film: The Social Network

Ok so at first I was skeptical about this movie. I thought it was gonna be kinda dumb, with a generic story line.
Turns out I was wrong, the story was nothing like I expected and the movie ended up being pretty decent.
Has anyone else seen it?
What were your thoughts?

This is exactly the kinda I try to avoid.

I was even more horrified when I saw the full page ad in the NYTimes with quotes saying it's "timeless" and a "film that comes along once in a generation." It's about a website. Jesus.

It is written by Aaron Sorkin so I would expect some decent dialogue from it.

The dialogue was pretty witty at some points. Very sarcastic.

An interesting review of this film by Kim Nicolini appeared in CounterPunch today.

I would definitely not call this a pro-facebook movie, so all of you skeptics should definitely give it a chance. The movie isn't about a website, but rather about the (somewhat flawed) personality of an entrepreneur, and the events that led up to this drastic social change over the last few years.

Yeah, you hear "Facebook movie" and instantly want to run away. But the movie was actually very amazing, very well done. Soundtrack by Trent Reznor was very ominous and I think made the movie what it was. Much different than what I thought it would be. Apparently he didn't even want to do the soundtrack when he was initially approached because he hates Facebook and what it stands for, but then after some reluctance he decided to give it a shot, and created this sort of twisted tone for the movie, so instead of the audience watching the movie like it's some happy college story, you get this feeling that something evil is going down, and history is about to be made. It's interesting to learn about the events that led up to the creation of this new social revolution, and how dark and twisted the entire process was.

My initial reaction to the movie was : I fucking hate facebook and Mark Zuckerberg for what he did to his friends and classmates in order to get to the top. But after sleeping on it and thinking about it today, I realized it's actually pretty inspirational. This guy took an idea (no matter where it actually came from) and he sat down, every hour of every day, living and breathing his project, and created it and worked at it until it was done. I probably wouldn't have made a lot of the fucked up communication errors that he made along the way, inevitably creating dramatic lawsuits and social isolation for himself, but you gotta admire the way he took something so small and worked at it, and pushed at it until it became this billion dollar company. Pretty awe-inspiring if you ask me. It takes a special breed of asshole sometimes to push their way to the top and create something so influential to society. Look at Steve Jobs for example. Not saying that Apple or Facebook have the type of influence that society needs per se, but that their impact is so broad and widely recognized. Anyway, seeing this movie has motivated me to work harder and stop giving up because I think my ideas are stupid and won't change anything.

Last edited:
My initial reaction to the movie was : I fucking hate facebook and Mark Zuckerberg for what he did to his friends and classmates in order to get to the top.
I felt the exact same way.
It was fucking low

Excellent movie.

Excellent direction.

Excellent acting (Jesse Eisenberg +1,000)

Excellent soundtrack (Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross +2,000)

This film encompasses the self-centeredness of the early-21st century world.

It's amusing it was released around the same time as "Wall Street 2," because it is the true sequal to "Wall Street."

Last edited: