• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Social Network

Rate this film"

• Total voters
^ ha, i liked that one as well. also, the scene where Mark stops Eduardo Saverin's lawyer so he can check her math was hilarious.

i thought it was a pretty decent flick. definitely interesting to uncover how the world's youngest (well, second youngest now by 8 days according to Forbes) self-made billionaire came to be.

Good movie.. saw it the day I left.. enjoyed it very much

Tom from MySpace made the other thread.

*Seeing bluelight crew under your name makes me sad. End of an era.

My initial reaction to the movie was : I fucking hate facebook and Mark Zuckerberg for what he did to his friends and classmates in order to get to the top. But after sleeping on it and thinking about it today, I realized it's actually pretty inspirational. This guy took an idea (no matter where it actually came from) and he sat down, every hour of every day, living and breathing his project, and created it and worked at it until it was done.

There is actually a part in the movie where he's defending the idea of 'stealing' the twins' idea of facebook and he says something like, "just because there has been the idea of a chair, it doesn't mean you can't take that idea, put your own spin on it and make a BETTER chair".

Yes but he royally fucked his best friend. Thats where the "fuck mark zuckerberg" mentality comes in.

It's pretty ironic that the most socially-awkward and rude person ever created something that became such a widespread change to how people socially interact.

firefighter; said:
It's pretty ironic that the most socially-awkward and rude person ever created something that became such a widespread change to how people socially interact.

Lol that's a great point. Never thought of that

Kind of makes sense, though. I'm sure it was his social isolation that really fueled his drive to create a social network in which you never actually have to interact with people directly. On the internet, I can be as smooth and witty as hell. In real life, I kind of fumble the verbal ball.

The movie itself was great. Although I don't have a Facebook account or the desire to use Facebook, it was interesting to see how it all came together. We really don't know which parts were embellished, but I think we can all agree that Mark Zukerberg is both a genius and an asshole. Then again, I think the majority of geniuses are assholes.

I forget which movie it was that I saw. But there were two guys having a conversation about Albert Einstein and how frustrating it must have been for him to talk to the average person. To not really have anyone on his mental level to talk to. One of them said it would be, from their point of view, like the majority of the planet's population had an IQ of 60 and they had their normal IQ's. How frustrating would it be to deal with the world then? From that perspective, I can see how genius would create such abrasiveness.

I wonder how much of this is based on fact? What I'm getting it I guess is how Zuckerberg is portrayed in the film, how do we know this is how it actually went down? Who was there to document it? Was one of the writers of the film there from the start of facebook? If not it seems this work is largely fiction based with only a small iota of truth to it in which case cut this Zuckerberg dude a break.

I could be wrong though, haven't done my homework.

This may help you. BTW I think you should change your avatar to Chief Wiggum, lazy ass.
Chief-Wiggum.gif

When it comes to making movies about real people, Hollywood has a long history of not letting the facts get in the way.

Nearly 70 years ago, there was “Citizen Kane,” chronicling the rise to power of media baron William Randolph Hearst. Now comes “The Social network,” recounting the creation of Facebook by Mark Zuckerberg.

While the movies have a lot in common, both being wildly ambitious dissections of incredibly powerful but deeply flawed media visionaries, their stories feature an elemental difference that speaks volumes about the eras that spawned them. Though both films are a quasi-fictional telling of a real-life character’s story, they present the “truthiness” of their characters in radically different fashions.

[...]

In the case of “The Social Network,” it's not even clear what source material the movie is based upon. The filmmakers have said the movie was inspired by Ben Mezrich’s proposal for a book that was ultimately published under the somewhat breathless title “The Accidental Billionaire: The Founding of Facebook — A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal.”

To say that the book itself is not especially fact-based would be an understatement, since Mezrich acknowledges re-creating scenes, changing settings and even saying he used not just the factual record but “my best judgement.” (When Janet Maslin reviewed the book in the New York Times, she said it was “so clearly unreliable that there's no mistaking it for a serious document.”)

To make matters foggier, “Social Network” screenwriter Aaron Sorkin has said that he didn't really get a look at the book until his screenplay was nearly finished, having only listened to “Ben reading some notes off his computer.”

David Kirkpatrick, a veteran journalist who recently wrote a book with Zuckerberg's cooperation called “The Facebook Effect,” has called the movie “horrifically unfair.” Zuckerberg himself has labeled the film “fiction,” and, channeling Hearst, hasn’t allowed ads for “The Social Network” on Facebook.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the...-an-outrage-or-just-hollywood-tradition-.html

Following the guidelines in CE&P I cut the majority of the article. Click on the link for the whole thing.

The founders were too drug-addled to remember how it all came together. jk! ;) :)

I'm pretty sure, somewhere, someone has documented the development of bluelight.