• The database table for Search and "New Messages" functionality is currently being rebuilt. Until it is completed, you may see empty or incomplete results for these.
  • Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest Posting RulesBluelight Rules
  • PD Moderators: Cream Gravy? | Transform | Vastness | Xorkoth
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy 5-Chloro-AMT thread

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I have decided to begin my trials of this one today. I just ingested 1mg. I will post my notes about getting it into solution below. I don't really expect any effects at 1mg, but who knows?

5-Cl-AMT Trials - Workup to Activity
by Xorkoth

1-18-2020 - First Trial

The substance in the bag had the appearance of a uniform, fine powder, ever so slightly tan, with a faint smell, but nothing like AMT itself, However, upon weighing it out, it is mostly made up of rather crystally chunks. Not like beautiful, grown crystals, but like hard, chunky pieces that can be crushed. I needed to make a solution, as my first trial is going to be at only 1mg. I weighed out 22mg of the substance, and at that point I realize all I have that isn't tap water is propylene glycol. So I measured out 22mg of water, got a clean, dry amber vial that holds just over 20mL, and it ended up just filling it, with exactly enough room left to provide the ability to shake it. Rather than break the chunks up, I left them, so as to be able to easily see whether the substance has dissolved.

Upon putting the 5-Cl-AMT in and shaking, the chunks are barely getting smaller, so I prepared a hot water bath and allowed the solution to heat up. Once it reached I would guess about 50 degrees C, I checked it, and the biggest chunk was mostly dissolved.

My set going into this is that I am extremely tired from too little sleep for a couple of days. I jumped off of opiates to get past my most recent relapse, and yesterday at like 5am I took some loperamide. Either the loperamide is still providing relief, or I am just pretty much past withdrawal. I feel pretty good, other than being tired. My setting is at home, about to start a day of work, alone except for my cat. In other words, my usual setting for trialling something where I do not expect strong effects. In reality I don't expect any effects, but I need to work this up very slowly. A study suggests that 5-Cl-AMT has a bit more than twice the MAO-A inhibition as AMT itself, with an IC50 value of 0.25 at MAO-A (and much weaker inhibition at MAO-B, with a value of 80), where AMT itself has an IC50 of 0.38 at MAO-A. In theory, this should mean it is twice as strong an MAO inhibitor. It is also a pure dopamine-serotonin releaser, and has more substantial agonist activity at 5-HT2a (the linked study does not explore 5-HT2a agonism, but I have been told it is the case). This suggests that, if it is more potent than AMT, which it is reasonable to assume it might be, since 5-MeO-AMT is extremely more potent than AMT, it has the potential to be an amazing recreational drug.

Upon checking the PG solution, I am not 100% confident it is dissolved and not just suspended, as I seem to be seeing a bunch of fine particles. So I am going to let that solution sit around for a day or so and see if anything has settled to the bottom. In the meantime, I prepared a water solution of 5mg/mL, 4mL of water in a dram vial, with 20mg of 5-Cl-AMT, the lowest amount I trust my scale to be reasonable accurate with. After shaking for 30 seconds, the solution looks perfectly clear.

I have had caffeine so far today, and that's it. The caffeine succeeded in making me feel awake, rather than having trouble keeping my eyes open.

10:00am (T+0:00) - I ingested 0.2mL of the water solution, or 1mg of 5-Cl-AMT. What a strange taste. I was keeping it in a baggie, in a box, along with a baggie of MXiPR, which is such a stinky chemical, with a strange melted/burned plastic smell; I smell that same smell when I smell the baggie of 5-Cl-AMT, and I taste it a little when I ingested it. There was an additional taste that is leaving an almost sweet aftertaste. I'm not sure how much the taste is due to picking up some MXiPR smell. I am going to spend a little time now getting my newest chems into vials, as my whole closet smells a little like MXiPr.

I'll update later if anything develops.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Shockingly, I am 99% certain I am feeling non-placebo effects. I had to take a stimulant shit, and now I feel motivated and have a smile on my face, and wide awake, although there is no peripheral stimulation, unsurprisingly since there is no NE action in the receptor binding studies. I actually would really like to see what this has to offer a bit more so I just redosed 1mg. I will keep it to just 2mg total.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Theta:

Awesome, really looking forward to what you'll have to say about this one with the redose and in general. :)

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I finished my report, had a great day. Here it is:

Anonymous Dissident

Bluelighter
This sounds like a very promising compound, but I'm going to let others do the initial assays, but I may have to grab 100mg, especially if the potency is even close to that of 5-meo-amt, but without the miserable side effects. Is this as much smoother than 5-meo-amt as it sounds from your report?

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Well 2mg of 5-MeO-AMT would be quite a bit stronger, but also has a lot of bodyload. 5-MeO-AMT is not very rolly, IME, it's more of an outright and visual psychedelic. It has a rough bodyload and quite a bit of anxiety, for me anyway. This doesn't seem like it will be that way. It was 100% smooth at this dose, no bodyload or anxiety. It also was clearly not a full dose, I will see how much stronger 5mg is sometime soon and that should give us a better idea of its potency, probably.

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
This one has me excited. I had a year of AMT use in my life right at the turn of the millennium before it was banned in the states. It was a special one for me.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Yep, AMT is special, for sure. Not sure when I'm going to try this again, probably when I'm done coming back off of gabaergic stuff.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Lambda:

A sighting on Reddit:

nachos420 said:
5-chloro-amt while on lots of benzos I tried. it felt like a sedative psychedelic stimulant. I used 30mg and 60mg because of the benzo.

I should mention someone on bluelight felt threshold effects or lil more from only 1-2mg 5-cl-amt. so do not start with the dose I needed because of being on lots of benzos...

Obviously it's hard to take much away from it, but it may suggest at least that there's some safety in pushing the dosage higher (it doesn't definitely suggest that, however).

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Yeah I saw that, forgot to post it. It's a data point, anyway. Hope someone else writes a proper report soon, though.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Theta:

We've officially taken 10 mg of this about twenty-five minutes ago, so we'll be reporting more on this one soon. :) I do feel like I can feel something climbing up already, but it's actually been at least like five or six years since the last time we took monoamine releasing agents and that was one time on MDMA that was already at least a couple years after the previous time, so I'm not going to make any claims just yet, it'd probably be trying too hard to find something when we're very out of practice.... At the same time though, you'd think because it's been so long, if the effect at this level is real and significant, it should turn out to be pretty obvious to us. Time will tell, of course.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Awesome, I can't wait to hear about your observations. :)

I'm still working on my report, I hope to post it later tonight.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Theta:

Definitely looking forward to your report too! I'm going to have some to say for sure, it's been good though sort of an on the fence dosage, but certainly insightful.... I have to say, I'm becoming somewhat suspicious that that shift you mentioned yesterday towards more serotonergic effects in the later hours might've actually been you picking up on the drug's psychedelic effects that increasingly became all that was mainly left or at least still developing in any meaningful way. As you know it's pretty easy for me to get psychedelic effects from molecules relatively similar to this one despite this one being more unique still, and I definitely got some fleeting stuff going on during the heaviest parts, particularly internally related to music bringing out imagery but very clearly in a specifically psychedelic way nonetheless. I'll have more to say about it later of course, but just putting it out there for now.... I can certainly relate to what you said either way, the beginning was quite euphoric and specifically mentally stimulating and we almost redosed too, but then it converted into something a lot more relaxed and trancey which still persists, though it's still quite smooth and enjoyable, but mild again because I think it just probably needs a bit more next time.

Anyway, shutting up for now. :)

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
For me it kept getting more rolly even to the 12th hour. It was strange. Like I said elsewhere, I wonder if it had to do with me entering light gabapentin withdrawals, or something? When I did 2mg, I had a gradual fade-away and it was gone entirely before 12 hours.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I finished writing my report on my 12mg dose... here it is:

tl;dr: it started off as light as can be, and either I had a strange reaction due to some factors I explain in the report, or else this thing just does this, but it developed into something much heavier, that was a bit alarming much later on.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Theta:

Appreciate it Xorkoth as always and we'll definitely check it out soon. :) We've got some things to attend to today but it shouldn't be too long before we post our own as well, it will probably pretty basic anyway since it wasn't a particularly intense dosage or anything.

So far I'll say, we did indeed feel high all day all the way up until sleep and it definitely focused primarily on that blissful body feeling eye fluttering (mostly suggestions of it though) type of euphoria, but it was entirely positive and I don't actually feel like it kept getting stronger, it just remained at that level where it developed to fairly early on for ages. I could definitely believe your gabapentin withdrawal soured it and caused it to get stronger when it normally wouldn't have, not that I'd really make that claim with confidence, but it just seems like one plausible explanation to me based on what you say too so far. Again, I'll certainly have more to say in detail later.

Got a great afterglow today too for the record. ☺️ It was really quite a positive experience for me, I look forward to pushing further though of course quite carefully....

In_A_Transit

Bluelighter
Hey thanks for your reports! I always enjoy reading about these novel compounds. My days of testing out different RCs are over lol , much love

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Theta:

We're happy to contribute In_A_Transit and appreciate the thoughts as well. I also thank you for making your own contribution for all those who continued to follow in those same footsteps and will continue to. :)

I just want to make a quick update on this since it's been almost a week and I've now posted a report of an experience that's happened since (yesterday, on 5-MeO-DiPT, not this). Basically the reason the report didn't get posted right away is because we realized it was going to be super long and lacking much hugely interesting detail so it seemed like a bit of a chore (I feel like Xorkoth may have said something like this about one of his trip reports too, correct me if I'm wrong...), so we (I) just got a little lazy while focusing on other things throughout the week. As more time went by though we also decided to take the opportunity to try to note anything like a lasting MDMA-like depression or whatever, so we'll include some notes like that in the report as well. I do still think the experience was quite promising and interesting for what it was, and I really will post that report soon, I'll aim for tonight (probably late enough to be tomorrow) if nothing else comes up.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Theta:

Alright, it's up!

🍄 (5-Cl-AMT/10 mg) - First Time - A Promising Hybrid State

There was definitely a lot to it, but at the same time it's difficult to pinpoint some of the effects exactly due to the complexity and lower dosage.... I'm certainly looking forward to pushing further, I don't know when exactly we'll do it but currently we're considering a dosage in the 15-20 mg range.