• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-Chloro-AMT thread

accidentally hit enter early, its up now!
Did you mean to post a link? I'd love to hear about it. :)

I am getting the sense that the dose of this stuff is probably lower than AMT, but not all that much lower, for a full experience. I have read of someone taking up to 60mg. As 5-Cl-AMT has no action on NE, it is likely to be somewhat less "druggy" and recreational. it is an almost pure SERT/DA releaser, with, I believe, agonism of 5-HT2a as well, if I recall correctly. It has the potential to be quite good, but as it also appears to be about twice as potent an MAOI, care must be taken.
haha just read this part, actually mentioned that as well. i def think the dose will need to be higher for a full experience

Thanks for the report, this is a good data point. :) So far the consensus seems to be that this is pretty mild. I do wonder if it will develop into something more full-on, or if mildness is just its nature. Due to the MAOI activity, it's not something to be daring with

I just read a reddit post where a person claims 5-Cl-AMT and 5-F-AMT are both full agonists at 5-HT receptors (they didn't specify which ones, and I am dubious as to whether they know what they're talking about). I tend to doubt that's true, if it was a full agonist at 5-TH2a, you would expect wild visuals (like the NBOMes). I didn't feel any real psychedelia from it (admittedly, at only 5mg and 12mg), just some light empathogen/entactogen activity. I'm curious to know the full spectrum of its pharmacology, though.

I just read a reddit post where a person claims 5-Cl-AMT and 5-F-AMT are both full agonists at 5-HT receptors (they didn't specify which ones, and I am dubious as to whether they know what they're talking about). I tend to doubt that's true, if it was a full agonist at 5-TH2a, you would expect wild visuals (like the NBOMes). I didn't feel any real psychedelia from it (admittedly, at only 5mg and 12mg), just some light empathogen/entactogen activity. I'm curious to know the full spectrum of its pharmacology, though.
i think i saw that post as well, iirc they were worried about toxicity with them? i wrote it off since it seemed like they had done their googles without any 1st hand exp with them. and agreed, nothing psychedelic at all, if it was a full agonist i feel like at least one of the reports (like from the guy on reddit who did up to 60mg) would mention some crazy visuas/wide change in thought patterns enough to be of note. so far on the day after i dont notice much of a down feeling or anything as well either which is nice.

what dosage do you plan to experiment with next do you think? additionally, i wonder how boofing affects this one since dosage req'd for amt doesn't change that much between plugged/oral, tho I didnt notice any uncomfortable comeup/bodyload that is reported on aMT so maybe theres less of a need, but would like to conserve material as much as possible.

I just read a reddit post where a person claims 5-Cl-AMT and 5-F-AMT are both full agonists at 5-HT receptors (they didn't specify which ones, and I am dubious as to whether they know what they're talking about). I tend to doubt that's true, if it was a full agonist at 5-TH2a, you would expect wild visuals (like the NBOMes).

αMT acts as a relatively balanced reuptake inhibitor and releasing agent of the main three monoamines; serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine,[9] and as a non-selective serotonin receptor agonist.[10]

i suppose this is the same with 5-chloro-amt but 5ht receptor agonism should be weak since normally it requires N,N-dialkylated tryptamines for it.

i think i saw that post as well, iirc they were worried about toxicity with them? i wrote it off since it seemed like they had done their googles without any 1st hand exp with them. and agreed, nothing psychedelic at all, if it was a full agonist i feel like at least one of the reports (like from the guy on reddit who did up to 60mg) would mention some crazy visuas/wide change in thought patterns enough to be of note. so far on the day after i dont notice much of a down feeling or anything as well either which is nice.

what dosage do you plan to experiment with next do you think? additionally, i wonder how boofing affects this one since dosage req'd for amt doesn't change that much between plugged/oral, tho I didnt notice any uncomfortable comeup/bodyload that is reported on aMT so maybe theres less of a need, but would like to conserve material as much as possible.

Yeah I think it was just speculation/misunderstanding. I haven't seen anywhere else suggest full agonism for 5-Cl-AMT, but wiki does say that 5-F-AMT (not Cl) is a full agonist at 5-HT2b, I think it is.

yeah, with AMT, plugging it really doesn't seem to reduce the dosage by much, it does to some extent, but I probably would never do it, except that it greatly reduces bodyload. But since 5-Cl-AMT doesn't seem to have any bodyload, I probably won't bother trying (well, maybe for the sake of having a data point).

I think I'll probably try 25mg next time, my last dosage was 12mg, and I had a bit of weirdness at the end where I worried I was having some sort of MAOI related side effect, but I think it was just starting to withdraw from gabapentin.