PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-Bromo-DMT Thread

roi

Bluelighter
5-Bromo-DMT.svg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Bromo-DMT

Seems to be around again, and there's no thread about it in PD I think, so here we go!

Apparently more mushroom-like than DMT.

Not sure if orally active.

If my hunch is correct, this is the trypt, or one, responsible for psychoactive properties of dream fish. should be orally active in that case.

I wonder how long trips will last. And maybe we will see other halotryptamines. 5Cl-4-HO-DMT, anyone? MAybe PAL-544 or 542....

If my hunch is correct, this is the trypt, or one, responsible for psychoactive properties of dream fish. should be orally active in that case.
Doubt that. Dream fish are reported to have very long durations; unless the 5-bromo on this massively increases tryptime, the fish have something else in them.

So this compound is now being offered by vendors (or at least somewhere)? And if so will it hve fallen under any pre-existing laws that would make it illegal ? From reading that vice link it actually seems like quite a good compound as well as being realitively safe (based of the fact that tryptamines are realitively safe because I've only heard of overdoses on alpha based tryptamines, correct me if I'm wrong about this tho) I would certainly be happy to guinai pig this compound , well at least at low doses at first

Very interesting if it's becoming available. But unfortunately it doesn't sound too amazing based on that vice article, imo.

based of the fact that tryptamines are realitively safe because I've only heard of overdoses on alpha based tryptamines

Recall the NBOMe issue. In general the false assumption was made every psychedelic was relatively safe. Then people died. Shulgin encountered tryptmaines with dangerous effects such as 5-MeO-pyr-T. Shulgin also survived decades. Keep a journal and use his example as guidance. This chemical could go either way.

Dr. Alexander Shulgin said:
My usual starting point with a new drug is some 10 to 50 times less, by weight, than the known active level of its closest analog. If I have any doubts, I go down by a factor of 10 again ... Once it's been established that the chosen initial dose has been without effect of any kind, I increase the dosage on alternate days, in increments of about a factor of times two at low levels, and perhaps times one and a half at higher levels.

so has anyone actually tried this before? the 5-bromo-dmt. seems like smoking/vaping is the way to research it efficiently.

So far I haven't heard of anything above mild, almost non-psychedelic effects. I'm sure more people will try it eventually but I don't think too many people are rushing to spend money on it at the moment. For now people are going to need to start pioneering if we want to learn anything new about this.

I thought that too for a good while. Dream fish are still a mystery and I think any research is still coming up empty. I think it was Johnathan Ott (?) that speculated 5-Bromo-DMT but don't quote me. I have a few of his books I have not read in a while. I thought I heard that too. But I recently went into my book collection and pulled out a few. Ayahuasca Analogues and Pharmacotheon: Entheogenic Drugs, Their Plant Sources, and History. I guess I technically should have scoured any info before posting but I am impatient. :)

Still need more info in 5-Bromo-DMT. But I think the effects are separate from what we thought the dream fish could contain. I am not even sure there is a correct species that we know.

But I do think it is known that 5-Bromo-DMT was found in a sponge. Some Smenospongia sponges.

Last edited:
There's an entire open access journal about marine drugs. It's been several years since I've had the bandwidth to keep up with it, but it would be a public service for someone to plumb the archives for any information on putative marine psychoactives such as 5-Br-DMT.

Anyone know of any trip reports on this? According to the initial post, it was available commercially at least for a moment?

I saw it for sale for a short time a few years ago but the vendor had to close because of the UK blanket ban. I didn't get any because it didn't sound that great in the Vice article. I haven't seen any other trip reports.

I don't know if you ever see a vendor selling it because there's lot was a lot of unreacted DMT in 5 bromo DMT I think I was one of the reasons why that synth never made it to Market.

Supposedly this and 5-CL-DMT will be available in the european market relatively soon. I just finally read up on the former but cannot find anything regarding the latter (cl).

I don't know if you ever see a vendor selling it because there's lot was a lot of unreacted DMT in 5 bromo DMT I think I was one of the reasons why that synth never made it to Market.
I think they could separate the two if they wanted