• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The 'quit smoking' thread

I have tried to give up so many times but in the end i convince myself that i dont want to give up that i enjoy smoking. Granted i only smoke about 2 ciggies a day, and more when im drinking, i really wish i could kick the habit once and for all, but like SLM, I reckon its gonna take pregnancy for me to do it.

Its just all of my friends that are a bad bad influence, i could not smoke at all if i was with people that didnt smoke, but its just become such a habit during social gatherings!

kryalkastleE said:
I reckon its gonna take pregnancy for me to do it.

This can be arranged..........PM me to make the arrangements.

Kryal..........seriously, if you could smell just how bad your breath is then you would give up immediately.............I am so embarrassed at how many people I must have made to nearly puke at my stench.

I used to always tell my asthmatic friend to quit whingeing when I smoked around him at the club. Now cigarette smoke makes me feel like shit so I can see where he was coming from. Oops...

It's quite an eye-opener isn't it. I too, had no idea what people were whinging about/ on about the smell until a week or so after I quit. Then it was very much like... oh. Now I get it.

You know when you go camping, and the fire blows smoke right in your face and it's really smelly, and the stinky campfire smoke is all clinging to your clothes... that is how noticeable ciggarette smoke becomes. And kissing Dale right after he's had a ciggarette? Not a chance, getting anywhere near the breath makes me feel sick. My non-smoking exes used to complain about that and I'd go "pfft, right like it's that big a deal"

^^^^^^^Except that campfire smoke is really nice smelling.......well tis to me.

Maz/SLM and co...

Have you noticed your tastebuds have come back? That was by far the biggest bit for me. The biggest clincher not to go back in a lot of ways (no children here)

Werd Science... Or Lucky?

Look...
what do you consider quittin'...?

A NEW QUESTION FROM UnSquare!

(but I know y'all LOVE my statements...)

I havn't smok'd since Sunday,
it's Thursday,
Yeah?(?)

An' that was the pipe... (tobacco) :|

But I haven't quit...

An' I don' intend to....

I jus' wanna know,
how many smoker's out
(t)(h)ere
can maintain it like other
de'rugs on the Forum's...

Like Socially Smokin' without escalation....
Or Even Less...

Like, I don't even crave them...
(unless under cir. circs. [ amphetyped.rug.s ] )
...an' if it is possible,
an' I think it is...
(go ahead, correct away...)
I think one of the few things I
use
responsibly
is tobacco...

ANYONE?
ANYONE??

(Not expectin' many responses)
(Also have been a thread killa four years...)

PEACE
UnS
:)

Jaza said:
Maz/SLM and co...

Have you noticed your tastebuds have come back? That was by far the biggest bit for me. The biggest clincher not to go back in a lot of ways (no children here)

No I dont think so really..........maybe it takes longer?

any good examples of things I should try?

UnSquare said:
Look...
what do you consider quittin'...?

A NEW QUESTION FROM UnSquare!

(but I know y'all LOVE my statements...)

I havn't smok'd since Sunday,
it's Thursday,
Yeah?(?)

An' that was the pipe... (tobacco) :|

But I haven't quit...

An' I don' intend to....

I jus' wanna know,
how many smoker's out
(t)(h)ere
can maintain it like other
de'rugs on the Forum's...

Like Socially Smokin' without escalation....
Or Even Less...

Like, I don't even crave them...
(unless under cir. circs. [ amphetyped.rug.s ] )
...an' if it is possible,
an' I think it is...
(go ahead, correct away...)
I think one of the few things I
use
responsibly
is tobacco...

ANYONE?
ANYONE??

(Not expectin' many responses)
(Also have been a thread killa four years...)

PEACE
UnS
:)

I know from experience that I cant mate.

In the past I have given up and thought I could have just the odd one here and there but what happens is that the odd one becomes the odd two and then 3 and before u no it your buying them again and its all over.

I have planned ahead and plan not to believe that i can have just one for old times sake.

Its like a heroin addict I know who tried the same logic............it just doesnt work.

Thanks Mrs SLM :)

yeah can't wait actually, am sorting out a gym membership so I can hit the gym that same week too, a mate of mine quit the smokes and everytime he craved he just went to gym, got really buff too :)

rm2x said:
Thanks Mrs SLM :)

yeah can't wait actually, am sorting out a gym membership so I can hit the gym that same week too, a mate of mine quit the smokes and everytime he craved he just went to gym, got really buff too :)

Thats smart bro..........its important to stay busy and keep the mind on other stuff...............plus a big packet of minties helps to.

I know potentially this is the worst idea ever for quitting smoking. But whenever I felt the worst pangs I just got drunk. And then went out to the club and continued drinking with all my friends who still smoked. I don't know how but this worked for me.

Also I had a friend who helped me a lot just with one sentence. I told him at the beginning of the night if I asked for a smoke not to give it to me. He told me to get fucked and that if I didn't want a cigarette, not to ask for one.

That kind of made me realise that it was my decision and it was up to me essentially to quit by myself. Which helped somehow :)

And I agree with you Mazdan, the smell of a campfire is one of those smells that gives me a natural high.

MazDan said:
Thats smart bro..........its important to stay busy and keep the mind on other stuff...............plus a big packet of minties helps to.

the minties sound like a very cool idea, I remember last time I discovered that vicks inhakers could be used outside of the rave scene hahaha

would have a snort on that and a microtab, would do me right :)

lostpunk5545 said:
Also I had a friend who helped me a lot just with one sentence. I told him at the beginning of the night if I asked for a smoke not to give it to me. He told me to get fucked and that if I didn't want a cigarette, not to ask for one.

And I agree with you Mazdan, the smell of a campfire is one of those smells that gives me a natural high.

Excellent advice from your mate........lol

And re campfires..........if you like four wheelin then maybe you should come away one weekend mate.

lostpunk5545 said:

That's a classic. You have a very wise friend ;) So true, in the end it's all completely down to yourself and your decisions, but playing the victim of circumstances is an easy trap to fall into. "It wasn't me... he offered.... it was a stressful day... I found an old packet..."

I've found it easier not to avoid smokers either - by going "oooh, keep that away from me," or "please don't tempt me", you're just reinforcing the idea to yourself that you've got no willpower and could easily slip up at the slightest thing - whereas in reality, you gotta give yourself more credit than that, you've made a decision and should be able to stick to it even in less-than-opportune circumstances. Gonna get faced with them eventually, anyway.
I can sit there while Dale is smoking (although I find it really unpleasant now) and not only do I not want one, it actually makes me want one less than ever.

UnSquare - I reckon some very rare people might be able to maintain long-term casual smoking, but they're a pretty rare breed. I don't know any myself, and I can't do it. I fool myself I can, and I might be successful for a couple of months even; but eventually, gradually and inevitably, the slide back into full-time smoking starts. It's like any addictive substance IMO.
(but you may be that rare creature ;) )

Campfire smoke smell good? 8o What are you guys on?
(ps. I love camping though)

Well it doesn't smell good when it's directly in your face but the smell in your clothes and embedded in your hands is awesome :)

Mazdan that sounds like a plan. I'm pretty short of weekend time in the next 2 or so months because too many suckers I know are getting married, but PM when you're going and I'll see...