Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

^^I'm one of the few humans on the planet apparently who has never once found Jennifer Aniston attractive. Not even a little. Even in Leprechaun she wasn't hot.

I'd bang the fuck out of Courtney Cox though.

that scene is great. whoever leases my apartment next can have my fancy couch. shouldn’t have moved into a building without a freight elevator.

i like the Frasier episode where marty has "nothing to say." i dig anything that addresses grace.

I devoured the second season of Mindhunter a couple of weeks ago. It was solid. I was really surprised to see it because I had just found season 1 and wondered was such a good show only had one season

I'm on Black Mirror right now. I like the fact that each episode is it's own thing. It asks a lot of questions about the human experience and our relationship to technology. A few of the premises were run into the ground but overall I really dig the style. It's a great fla to my kava and pot kick kratom recipe.

I devoured the second season of Mindhunter a couple of weeks ago. It was solid. I was really surprised to see it because I had just found season 1 and wondered was such a good show only had one season

I'm on Black Mirror right now. I like the fact that each episode is it's own thing. It asks a lot of questions about the human experience and our relationship to technology. A few of the premises were run into the ground but overall I really dig the style. It's a great fla to my kava and pot kick kratom recipe.

Black Mirror 'Striking Vipers' episode is my favorite from the new season. My jaw dropped a few times. It does make you think about how technology can cross too many boundaries.

Black Mirror 'Striking Vipers' episode is my favorite from the new season. My jaw dropped a few times. It does make you think about how technology can cross too many boundaries.

LOL.... still on season 1. I'm always late to the party. Unfortunately some of the episodes are getting redundant in their scope but I'm going to stick with it because I am kicking myself for almost dropping Stranger Things, as I thoroughly enjoyed season 3. I'll have to checkout that episode and it doesn't matter if I cheat and skip ahead because the episodes aren't plot related;)

LOL.... still on season 1. I'm always late to the party. Unfortunately some of the episodes are getting redundant in their scope but I'm going to stick with it because I am kicking myself for almost dropping Stranger Things, as I thoroughly enjoyed season 3. I'll have to checkout that episode and it doesn't matter if I cheat and skip ahead because the episodes aren't plot related;)

Exactly! There are no rules for Black Mirror. haha You can watch whatever episode you want. "San Junipero" is one of my favorites. The latest season only has three episodes.

Started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion with the wife past evenings. It's a very odd but entertaining anime.

not on netflix (amazon) but i just binged 'carnival row' and i'm 7 episodes into 'the boys'. both excellent.

alasdair

Didnt have the time or attitude to watch this in the past year but was pleasantly surprised at how well they put the sho together - looking forward to how they are going to integrate the BTK into the timeline/story.

Diagnosis

Just saw the first episode, pretty interesting and emotional. Really like the doc/protagonist/NYT times approach to narrative in medicine( yes, its business but lovehow she is highlighting thinking ourside-the-box within the current, flat medical zeitgeist. :)

Also, she was the medical-technical director with regard to medicine on ~House. some tv cred

Last edited:
Been watching this series Wentworth

My girlfriend is obsessed, it's a pretty good show.
It's like Oz but with Woman in a Australian prison.

Going to begin The Dark Crystal aor. I really hope this is good. I have very old memories of the original movie and I think its the first movie I ever remember watching.

Going to begin The Dark Crystal aor. I really hope this is good. I have very old memories of the original movie and I think its the first movie I ever remember watching.

I watched this series the other night when I couldn't sleep and I was pleasantly surprised. It was put together well and the plot and story line was engaging. I also remember the original and Labyrinth as some of my first childhood movie memories. I definitely recommend it to all the 80's kids out there and anybody else who wants to take a new age trip in a time machine.

I listened and rolled to this song for years before I realized the intro was from the Dark Crystal.

Last edited:
I finished Neon Evangelion a couple days ago, as well as End of Evangelion.

It was really weird. There was so much religious iconography and allusions yet no concrete reference. Such a confusing ending. The TV show and film felt like two endings in different universes.

This series legit keeps me up at night. I still don't know what to think.

not on netflix (amazon) but i just binged 'carnival row' and i'm 7 episodes into 'the boys'. both excellent.

alasdair

Yes, I'm watching 'Carnival Row' on Amazon. It starts out kinda slow, but once you get past the first episode, the story draws you in more and more.

I'm not watching 'The Boys' because I can't tolerate superhero shows/movies. People like it though.

Bill Burr has a new comedy special on Netflix called 'Paper Tiger'.
It was filmed in London. Gotta see it. Love him.

Watched first few episodes of You on NF - good switch-off mind drama -actually quite enjoyed, interesting perspective /narrative from a stalker who appears benign but (dot dot dot).

In mid marathon of the new top boy.

Highly recommended.
(if you haven't seen the old ones then watch them first!)