• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Master (2012)

how many stars?

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This looks like it's going to be awesome. Talk about some guts, producing anything about Scientology. Good show - and Hoffman is one of the greatest actors of our time, just wish he would take on more roles like this.

sea_org.jpg

Last edited:
Very excited about this one - Paul Thomas Andersen is one of the best directing talents currently out there.

^ Totally agreed
There Will Be Blood is one of my all time favorites, so if this gets any where close to that quality I'd say it's going to be pretty f'n gewd.

Also, I watched the trailers a few different times now and still have no idea what was going on lol
And yeah I guess PTA digs Jonny's work, I mean who wouldn't the dude has extraordinary musical talent

I watched the trailers a few different times now and still have no idea what was going on lol

Haha, I know what you mean. Personally, I think they are keeping things intentionally ambiguous in an effort to cool any backlash from the Scientologists.

Oh and Hoffman is a perfect cast for this role.

That trailer looks awesome. They're all going to give excellent performances. I have a feeling we'll see Amy Adams better than ever before.

So did anyone else here see this yet? I was disappointed. I've loved all of PTA's other movies and it got great reviews, so I was really looking forward to it.

The acting was superb. The plot went absolutely nowhere. I usually have a lot of patience for movies and enjoy films that others find slow or boring, but I just didn't like this. It was a full house in the theater and I could tell most of the other people were bored to tears.

Amy Adams

How did this gal ascend to star status, again? Anyone?

Is she just overrated, or have I missed out on a few solid performances? I mean, Jesus, the last time I remember seeing her was in The Office and that Johnny Cash parody starring Will Ferrell's aesthetically handicapped colleague.

How did this gal ascend to star status, again? Anyone?

Is she just overrated, or have I missed out on a few solid performances? I mean, Jesus, the last time I remember seeing her was in The Office and that Johnny Cash parody starring Will Ferrell's aesthetically handicapped colleague.

I'm gonna assume this isn't a joke (still made me lol), but you seem to be confusing Amy Adams with Jenna Fischer.

But, yeah, her resume is pretty mediocre. She seems to be the go-to gal for Hollywood's excess of schmaltzy dramas and/or high-concept comedies.

I haven't seen the Master, but her appearances in the trailers made me think she would just blend into the scenery next to Hoffman and Phoenix.

Last edited:
Re: Amy Adams

Yes, she was in The Office as a purse saleswoman. She started dating Jim and was in a few episodes. I think it was still the first season. I don't really expect quality acting from a temporary girlfriend role... she wasn't really suppose to be funny or smart or talented in those episodes anyway.

I thought she was awesome in Doubt. I didn't see Junebug but she was suppose to be good in that too. Her acting in The Fighter was definitely overrated. Oh, also she was raised mormon but left the church when her parents divorced. I'm sure that helped. It's too bad she didn't come through in this role.

Still looking forward to it.

I'm gonna assume this isn't a joke (still made me lol), but you seem to be confusing Amy Adams with Jenna Fischer.

Oh come on, Grunge, you uber1337 f1L/|\sn0b, they look (and perform) almost exactly alike - at least to the average guy doesn't give a shit about either of them in particular. Truth be told, I had to Wiki that shit just be certain.

But yeah, you got me on that one. Mah bee.

Oh come on, Grunge, you uber1337 f1L/|\sn0b, they look (and perform) almost exactly alike - at least to the average guy doesn't give a shit about either of them in particular. Truth be told, I had to Wiki that shit just be certain.

That's why I thought it was funny :D