• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Crazy. Yeah was a tense evening, for those of us of the sort to be all in and to let it ride. Meanwhile the Dow is up half a percent this morning.

Nonetheless, I went ahead and picked up an entry position in Global X's RYLD fund.

Interesting, I've been watching my Russell 2000 fund for signs of life but it hasn't moved much in a while.

I think that small cap is really the place to be picking sector specific ETFs, as the companies are inherently less diversified than the F500 lot, so with Russell 2000 it feels like it's not enough for just one sector to be booming to see it move the needle

with Russell 2000 it feels like it's not enough for just one sector to be booming to see it move the needle

You're not kidding. It's like when someone repeats the maxim, "No one can beat the market on a long term basis," my response is, "I beat the market nearly all of the time." Because the market carries a lot of dead weight companies that meet the index requirements. But that's not saying much. Don't the flashier indexes....carry a lot of sluggish stuff like airlines? Dinosaur car companies. Tech companies that haven't seen radical growth in fifteen years.

You just surf the indexes and learn not to pick the grandpa companies. Beating the indices is a cake walk.

Now that Global X fund that I mentioned pays a 12.5% yield. Or else why would I bother? Should be a sustainable profit model.

So I was finally bored enough today that I bothered to look up inflation.

Holy cow! Turns out inflation basically was fine until a few months into the Wuhan Flu quarantine. ...it's almost as if shutting the country down, and they paying people to do nothing violated the fundamental principles that kept the kleptocracy nominally operational?

Who would have thought?