• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Snorting is beyond pointless for many reasons, including the amount of powder needed. I have used alcohol with lyrica both in high doses and it sure made my coordination go worse but nothing special.

I know that alcohol helps very much with lyrica wd even I don't use alcohol. Some years ago I drank a bottle of vodka like a month after abruptly stopping lyrica from 600mg and it felt that alcohol didn't give me any pleasent feelings and didn't work that much if almost at all.

Don't use alcohol with lyrica if you have no experience of it and even then thread carefully. It can sure mess one up, have seen it many times.

Snorting is beyond pointless for many reasons, including the amount of powder needed. I have used alcohol with lyrica both in high doses and it sure made my coordination go worse but nothing special.

I know that alcohol helps very much with lyrica wd even I don't use alcohol. Some years ago I drank a bottle of vodka like a month after abruptly stopping lyrica from 600mg and it felt that alcohol didn't give me any pleasent feelings and didn't work that much if almost at all.

Don't use alcohol with lyrica if you have no experience of it and even then thread carefully. It can sure mess one up, have seen it many times.

do you mean alcohol can potentiate the effects of Pregabalin? As in it screws up your coordination? Sounds fun if that's what you're looking for

Snorting it DOES work, but swallowing it is definitely stronger.
Snorting definitely comes on quicker though.

Snorting it DOES work, but swallowing it is definitely stronger.
Snorting definitely comes on quicker tho

do you mean alcohol can potentiate the effects of Pregabalin? As in it screws up your coordination? Sounds fun if that's what you're looking for
I have a feeling that for most it potentiates it too much. Mostly unpleasant effects get potentiated at high doses. Just my experience. I wouldn't suggest the combo for anyone. I could take huge amounts of benzos with alcohol just trying to sleep and i never blacked out. Lyrica is a another thing. I haven't used alcohol and lyrica much and will never do it again but in low doses it was quite enjoyable for a person who don't like alcohol.

Pregabalin surely will work by snorting but as stated there's other factors which imo makes it pointless. Pregabalin is absorbed by lat1 as is all gababentinoids to my knowledge. For example baclofen is absorbed quite rapidly from nasal passages. Read it from a study some time ago.

Pregabalin is strange - it seems to have an incredibly rapid tolerance onset.

Last night I took 25 x 300mg capsules and felt nothing. Didn't pass out or anything either 🤨. I didn't have an empty stomach mind, so maybe that was a factor

Last night I took 25 x 300mg capsules and felt nothing. Didn't pass out or anything either 🤨. I didn't have an empty stomach mind, so maybe that was a factor
7,500mg of Pregabalin?

Thats a pretty mad dose. I saw my friend do a similar dose (nearly 2 strips of 300mg, cant remember how manys in a strip, 14 iirc) and he had a seizure on his back and was puking up froth, lucky i was there as i had to roll him over because he was choking. He had a pretty tolerance too, but we had been drinking alot and doing speed and k for days.

7,500mg of Pregabalin?

yes :oops: Either I have a mad tolerance or Preg just doesn't affect me.

I have gotten effects from much smaller doses. Usually a kind of enjoyable slightly spaced-out feeling. That's what I'm aiming for

but other times I don't get anything. It's a strange drug. I do think having an empty stomach can be a significant factor

Thats a pretty mad dose. I saw my friend do a similar dose (nearly 2 strips of 300mg, cant remember how manys in a strip, 14 iirc) and he had a seizure on his back and was puking up froth, lucky i was there as i had to roll him over because he was choking. He had a pretty tolerance too, but we had been drinking alot and doing speed and k for days.

damn, lucky you were there. I generally don't combine drugs because then it's hard to tell which is working. I might try Preg with a little alcohol next time, but not for a while as I need to take a Preg break to get my tolerance down

yes :oops: Either I have a mad tolerance or Preg just doesn't affect me.

I have gotten effects from much smaller doses. Usually a kind of enjoyable slightly spaced-out feeling. That's what I'm aiming for

but other times I don't get anything. It's a strange drug. I do think having an empty stomach can be a significant factor
That’s crazy. 1300mg has me drunk walking and super high.

Nah or doesn’t seem to do much the next day at all. I try and leave it a week or two in between 600-900mg doses.

do you find that if you take the same dose the next day it has the same effect, or do you have to take more?

Do you have to take tolerance breaks to reset your tolerance?
I have read like thousands of studies on gababentinoids and the most prominent reason for rapid tolerance I have seen comes from hypothesis that it affects some part of Gaba system.

If one wants to feel pregabalin at its full force, no benzo or alcohol use for some time. I have taken very big doses with almost no effects with tolerance.

Month or a two is a tolerance break for big doses imo to get the full effects and not getting any rebound symptoms.

Baclofen and pregabalin or gababentin together makes my coordination go worse then booze and benzos. It happens always like 8-10h after taking lyrica.

I read a study on lyrica for postoperative pain In
surgery, where peeps were given one 300mg dose. Interesting thing in that study was that pregabalins amount in spinal fluid was maxed at 8h after taking it which in my mind makes the 6h half-life seems very odd.

I apologise my language.

in my mind makes the 6h half-life seems very odd
Wondered about this myself.
Hell... I do not even start to get the full "feeling" until 5-6hrs later. Same with phenibut hcl but the pregab builds whereas the phenibut hits at once. Seems all gabapentinoids have this time-lapse to full on effects for me.

Wondered about this myself.
Hell... I do not even start to get the full "feeling" until 5-6hrs later. Same with phenibut hcl but the pregab builds whereas the phenibut hits at once. Seems all gabapentinoids have this time-lapse to full on effects for me.

Do you find that Phenibut gives a similar feeling to Preg?

Do you find that Phenibut gives a similar feeling to Preg?
Not really, no. Pregab makes me feel "drunken" and dis-functional in high doses whereas phenibut sharpens my senses and I can multi-function with no issues.
Kinda like polar opposite for me come to think about it.

Not really, no. Pregab makes me feel "drunken" and dis-functional in high doses whereas phenibut sharpens my senses and I can multi-function with no issues.
Kinda like polar opposite for me come to think about it.

yeah same for me except I haven't found Phenibut has given me many nootropic effects yet - I've gone up to 2000mg of Phenibut. Have you also tried Modafinil by any chance?

Do you think having an empty stomach is also important in getting Pregab to work well?

There’s a documentary on YouTube. It’s by “BBC3” called “Drugs maps of Britan: Belfast Buds” That episode follows a man about 25 or 30 years old. He’s on a crap load of prescriptions, but they’re specifically following him for the pregablin. He snorts it every time.
I can’t imagine it’s better snorted. Half gets stuck in the guy’s snot.
Besides, it tastes like powdered dog crap. Snorting it must be pretty awful.
If you really want to f up your life. Try taking a moderate dose for you, like a good maintenance dose but on the upper end of almost enough to catch a buzz. Then get really drunk. The last time I did that I woke up in the kitchen naked and pissing into a cereal bowl with my kids playing video games in the next room. I woke up just in time to see the bowl was about to overflow and barely made it to the sink. I don’t know how I got there, and I couldn’t believe nobody saw me. I can only imagine what would have happened if I dreamed I needed to drive somewhere.
Seen that episode. Same country here (NI) but could never imagine snorting Pregabalin, yuck. That episode makes out all users are or will end up like that. Seen it a few times and the way he goes through the cupboards and stuff is cringe lol. Also the young fellows taking ‘10 blues’ all at once.

Last edited:
Do you think having an empty stomach is also important in getting Pregab to work well?
To be honest, I do not notice a difference if taken on an empty stomach, partial full or full with any gabapentinoid; the ones I am familiar with seem to go well with food. I will say that with pregab, after I start to feel the effects, the more I eat the "higher" I seem to get. Wierd.
Modafinil
Never have tried this. Had someone send me a sample with some phenibut hcl but ended up trashing them after reading up on it here at BL... helped me make a more informed decision which I absolutely am grateful for.

Damn, just realized Imma have phenibut for years.... Excited to try the FAA option and if I switch over will have a lot of surplus. Glad I found this stuff as if I dose high it does have a sedating effect on me and will sleep it off. Love that about this stuff.

@PtahTek

- Do you mean you think Modafinil might be dangerous or ineffective?

- What do you find is your optimal dose of Phenibut for sharpening your senses? (And what is an FAA Option?)

- re. Pregabalin - do you find it has a rapid tolerance onset, and how long a break do you have to give it to reset tolerance?

cheers!