• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The effect of THC on Buprenorphine.

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
I usually take .5-2mg of bup', to stave off wd. Withdrawal symptoms do subside, however no analgesic, nor typical opiate feeling is experienced. I did try to stir up the "norbup'" topic in bdd, but nothing transpired. Now to the thc part, the other night, 24 hours after last dose, I took 1mg sub. After 2 hours had passed, my withdrawal symptoms subsided completely, but I wasnt feeling euphoric, so in an addict's haste, I decided to pack one up, within minutes of smoking, I started to get the analgesic effects of the bup', short lived, but intense euphoria, that I havent felt in years. I was grinning ear to ear, like "This is what opiates used to feel like on our honeymoon." Anyways, I realize the long come up of bup' and that after 2 hours, I most likely would have been at peak plasma levels, this is also why the reason why I chose to smoke when I did.

I would like to get your guys' thoughts, experiences, or theories about the effect of THC, on bup'. Also I'm still interested in norbup', so any of that talk is welcomed too! Hopefully we can help bler's on bup', for pain management, increase it's analgesic effects, and reduce relapse rates for people on sub maintenance.

- ...SS373dOH

When I was on Bupe I always felt like THC distracts from the fine high that Buprenorphine is able to give you even when being on low maintenance doses (I was on 0,5-1mg a day).
Of course the THC still gets you high but I never felt a synergy between the two. Not as contraproductive as Opioids+Alcohol but still not that desirable and I am a daily smoker but only in the evening.
Just my 2 cents.

Huh. I've been on bupe over 2 years and have at points been a daily weed smoker, but now I hardly smoke ever. NOTHING is able to make me feel an effect from my bupe. When I started IVing them I still felt no effect from them, when I smoked weed I definitely felt nothing but the weed, in fact I stopped smoking because it was causing me major anxiety. I'm on bupe/naloxone though so maybe that's it. If I IV double my dose of subutex I'll catch a little buzz for a few hours. And I'm on 12mg.
I'm baffled how one poster claims to get high off .5-1mg, that's just crazy to think about.

^ I've never gotten high from it before this one time.. I used to be a daily smoker, but that was before opiates. Now I smoke 2-3 a month. I knew not everyone would yeild the same result, but welcome the discussion.

- Hopeless..

While cannabis helps I notice that without cannabis I get minor opiate withdrawals like edginess, irribility, and most odd is the feeling on being on the edge from breaking into hot cold fluctuations where while it's cold your sweating feeling warm and shivering cold when the sun's out. I've come to hate bupe and nothing makes it better. It just prevents my pain from getting too the point I want to kill myself yet not enough to get me out of bed and active as that leads to a return of pain quick while the subs seem to never really give relief of pain just prevents it from being unbearable, but not enough to become functional.

^ I've never gotten high from it before this one time.. I used to be a daily smoker, but that was before opiates. Now I smoke 2-3 a month. I knew not everyone would yeild the same result, but welcome the discussion.

- Hopeless..
I wasn't talking about you I was talking about Zerwas. I am jealous of your euphoria, I wish that would happen to me. =P

^ Ever try intanasal? The onset is 4 x's as quick, and IMO, more susceptible to euphoria..

- Hopeless..

Yes it does seem to potentiate the effects in a way, but this is what ALLL opiates with me. Weed and opiates go together like sugar and spice, some say benzos, but I disagree(well...to an extent, both are nice, esp. all three,ha) oh ya but in the sake of harm reduction only if you have a tolerance to each. BUT i'm not talking about getting super stoned with opiates, I just enjoy a few tokes, two at most...really can't stand getting just completley blasted anymore(since I was 15-21) it makes me anxious(really really anxious), paranoid and LAZY. Also weight gain.

^ I agree with everything you typed. Are you currently on bup'?

- Hopeless

@ Screaming: what dose are you at?

@ AE: Thats about my exact situation and exactly how I felt too. Although,.I've been using it intranasally lately, I feel more euphoric, and it hits me within minutes. I'm impatient and dont want to wait 2.hours!

- hs

I never found a good way to do it intra nasally, I find plugging the most convinient. Im on bupe contanstly, I dose 4 or more times a day so there's no come up or come down or anything, not normally anything at all unless I smoke with it :)

Im glad someone can relate! I haven't found many posts on this.

I use to get the 8mg sub tablets but now the Drs here will only give the strips but before when I was on the tablets I could use .25-1mg nasally and feel amazing euphoria for hours and hours but now that I have the strips I just take as prescribed under the tongue because I don't know a good method of making them as effective as the tablets nasally does anyone know how I could use the strips nasally and get this good feeling I use to get on the tablets?

I've only ever had the strips, you can onlt pretty much get pills here if you're pregnant.

There are a few different ways to use the strips nasally, lots on Google etc, I just found it a waste, and I've never felt my bupe anyway (except apparntly now with weed), never used it recreationally so it wasn't worth it for me.

I just been dissolving 1mg in a tiny amount of water in a spoon, using a very short straw, and snorting lightly,but this is one case where you do not want to "pull" your drip down. You want it to stay in your nose.

I feel good waves within minutes.

- Hopeless..

Well it wouldnt render it quite useless, oral bioavailability is 10%, so close to useless lol. Intranasal bioavailability is around 50%, which is about 20% more than sublingual, and the onset of intranasal administration occurs at 20-30 minutes, oppossed to sublingually, which can take up to 2-3 hours.

- Hopeless

^ Also taking 32mg is def' going to block norbup' and analgesic effects. Less is more with bup'.

- hs

Youre right, after 3 years, you probably wont feel much..I'm open to hearing that story, if you have the time to write it.

- Hopeless

:). Haha I genetally always have to explain whenever I mention my dose. Actually I normally start new threads with a disclaimer about it lol I get that many comments.

I'll have to come back, 5 hungry kids.....but it's a combination of a bupe happy dr, me being a fast metaboliser of bupe and other drugs and repeated painful pneumonia