• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Volumetric Liquid Measurement thread

i always just use cheap 80 proof vodka. never had any problems with it.

your math is right btw.

it would be a little tedious, but the most accurate way to measure out your 50ml per bottle would probably be with a 10ml oral syringe.... (assuming you don't have a graduated cylinder or similar labware)

i always just use cheap 80 proof vodka. never had any problems with it.

your math is right btw.

it would be a little tedious, but the most accurate way to measure out your 50ml per bottle would probably be with a 10ml oral syringe.... (assuming you don't have a graduated cylinder or similar labware)

Great, that's what I'll use then!

And yeah, I think you're right because I'm dealing with pretty small amounts of liquid. I don't think my measuring cups go as small as 50mL, haha.

Btw, does storing the solution in an amber glass with a phenolic lid sound appropriate?

You got it. And yeah, any liquor will work fine, vodka is the best probably but I've used whisky too. I've also used pure everclear, and I've also diluted everclear (and regular liquor). You just want at least around 20% alcohol so that microbial growth is inhibited, but a higher concentration is perfectly fine.

And yeah, get an oral syringe. many pharmacies will just give you one if you ask, they're frequently used for dosing drugs "legitimately". Most will also sell a slightly nicer one... I got a 10mL one for a little over a dollar. You can be very accurate this way and it's much easier to work with.

so for any powder 20% alcohol (vodka, whiskey everclear), and 80 % distilled water?

any solution better, worse for 4-ho-mipt?

Some one mentioned 4-ho-mipt is good for a while , esp for people who research few and far between, how long is a while 6 months, 12 months, 18 months 24 months, etc?

Miprocin in ethanol solution goes bad or at least changes color within a few days ime.

Lots of questions so bare with me here

I've mixed some powder for an experiment, to see if it would dissolve, and little flakes were floating in bottom of water

whats it look like when dissolved Verses not dissolved? -just perfectly clear when dissolved right?

If someone wants to research and use on the same day, how long does it take to dissolve?

say the goal is 12 mgs between two people, would weigh out 24 mgs. Measure out one ounce of water (29.5 ml-lets just say 30-it doesnt have to be super spot on, as long as its quite close) -would it be best to use alcohol or distilled water or both for the powder to fully dissolve?

(then could take say a 10 ml oral syringe and each person take 15 ml's) That's why Its crucial that powder is fully dissolved.

Last edited:
It should dissolve completely, no particles still seen. Usually the solution will be clear but if the compound has a color the liquid will change color. What are you trying to dissolve?

Also it's much better to think of it in milliliters. I like to make solutions of 1mg/mL because it's really easy to know how much you're dosing. But whatever concentration you want to make it, just do the math. If you wanted to dissolve 50mg and make it 2mg/mL, you'd use 25mL.

It should dissolve completely, no particles still seen. Usually the solution will be clear but if the compound has a color the liquid will change color. What are you trying to dissolve?

Also it's much better to think of it in milliliters. I like to make solutions of 1mg/mL because it's really easy to know how much you're dosing. But whatever concentration you want to make it, just do the math. If you wanted to dissolve 50mg and make it 2mg/mL, you'd use 25mL.

did an experiment last night with one of supplements- citrilline malate powder, just practice

what id like to research some time is 4-ho-mipt and would rather wait until that day to do it, thats why Im wondering if I make the solution will it be dissolved in ten minutes after its mixed and ready to research?

like just mix it in a tea cup with either distilled water or alcohol or both-whatever works and instead of using the 1 ml measure, just use a 10 ml oral syringe and give it the research subjects

4-HO-MiPT fumarate is highly soluble in water, it will probably dissolve in seconds. Once you don't see any more particles in there, it's dissolved, and what's more it will remain in solution indefinitely.

Probably not, I wouldn't put much into solution at once, but it does dissolve very readily. Innerpeace, are you using liquid measurement because you don't have a scale? Honestly a sufficient digit scale is very cheap, you can find them on Amazon or eBay for like $30 including shipping. The AWS Gemini-20. Then you can weigh out a dose dry and not have to put them into solution to degrade faster. Some things won't degrade in solution but tryptamines do tend to do that. Plus, you can't necessarily trust the vendor to send the amount they're supposed to. Recently I ordered a gram of 5-MeO-MiPT and received over 2 grams in the bag. A nice surprise, but if I assumed it was a gram without weighing it, it might not have been a nice surprise.

Xorkoth , yeah got two good scales one is an aws-100 (0.01) and the other is an even more accurate Smart weigh- gem20 (0.000)

even though its 0.000 I thought it was best to just do liquid measurement on such a low dose like 12 -15 mgs a subject because ive heard a -/+ five difference even though it says its 0.000 accuracy , I thought just weighing out like 25-30 mgs and doing liquid or halfing it. so I guess either way would work. On the 4-ho-mipt ive heard , esp for first timer research subjects ive heard a big difference between even 12 mgs and 16 mgs, 20 mgs, etc so would rather start low on the subjects and if possible be as accurate and precise as possible.....guess im a perfectionist down to the littlest stuff that may not really matter that much...

Thanks for your insight, might just do the scale and no liquid now

Hey guys, not really a PD solution, but a volumetric dosing question none the less; I had no luck getting an answer in OD, so I'm leaving this here in hopes of getting an insightful response:
I just procured 100mg of etizolam powder. I'm looking to make probably a 30mg/15ml solution of the stuff for the purpose of creating an easy to dose trip come-down aid, and I have a decent amount of 190 proof grain alcohol I want to use for it. Is etizolam very soluble in grain alcohol, or must I use PG for the solution? I really don't want to use PG if at all possible, alcohol is preferred so I can drop the dose on an altoid and let it evaporate or something similar before a trip and thus not have to worry about trying to figure out my dose whilst still tripping.

Any advice on such a solution is much appreciated!

So yeah, need to make a solution with this etiz powder, don't wana use PG, is grain alcohol satisfactory for such a purpose?

I intend to acquire some ald-52 powder and wish to put it into solution for volumetric measurement. I would use either vodka, ethanol, everclear etc. If kept in the freezer I would assume it would retain potency indefinitely or am i mistaken?

^thats how I understand it - lifetime stash lol! My question is how concentrated to make the solution? I have 10mgs of 1P dissolved in 50 ml everclear, but was thinking about evaporating it down to 50-100ug/drop, more like a traditional vial of L, any thoughts?

I plan to dilute to 100ug/1ml. hat way one can vary the dose quite easily.

Ethanol (grain alcohol) is a good solvent for many drugs, including etizolam.

I would NOT recommend having one dose per drop of anything because you lose a lot of precision. Having about 20ug of 1P-LSD per drop is much better because it means you (or your newbie friend, more importantly!) can have 80ug, 100ug, 120ug, whatever.

If you have 100ug per drop they either have that, nothing or 200ug. Bad idea!

More solvent also means that if 1mL evaporates the concentration isn't changed so much.

Thank you Transform! I've been trying to get a definitive answer on that for a while. Now I know why doses from those sweet breath vials of L vary so much.

Hey guys, not really a PD solution, but a volumetric dosing question none the less; I had no luck getting an answer in OD, so I'm leaving this here in hopes of getting an insightful response:
So yeah, need to make a solution with this etiz powder, don't wana use PG, is grain alcohol satisfactory for such a purpose?

Grain alcohol works just fine, though I do find I need to heat the solution gently to get it to all dissolve. Also remember to write down the strength of the solution and be careful about evaporation and leaking. I lost some MDMA solution earlier this year, really sucked. Leaked all over a bag of my clothing. :( Also it had been in a jar that I thought was airtight but turned out to not be (evaporating through the threads of the lid), so it was way more potent than when I made it but I wasn't sure how much, so it was basically impossible to dose anyways. Another liquid solution, I can't remember the concentration, because I didn't write it on the bottle out of paranoia. So yeah, diligence and proper labeling is key, lol..

I don't like propylene glycol either. A different solution that I make, I use glycerine mixed with grain alcohol to make it thicker and less prone to evaporation. I think I'll try that next time I make a liquid etiz solution, it's a bit easier to deal with when it's concentrated than straight ethanol.