• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Solubility & Stability Thread

4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DET

i speak from first hand experience : don't do any solution with either of these tryptamines ! they'll degrade very quickly into a black smelly goo which however still seem to be active without lost of ptency or qualitative change. Keep your stuff dry (powder) in an air tight container with lots of dessicant in your freezer (they're very sensitive to heat) - they will last long that way. But no solution whatsoever !

Last edited by a moderator:
Any human-consumable solution you store them in is likely to decrease the shelf-life of the chemical, possibly in a major way.

generally, indoleamine or phenethylamine drugs containing an easily hydrolyzable ester will not be stable in water for long periods of time, as they will hydrolyze to the alcohol, which will then get oxidized.

5-MeO-AMT

When i tried 5-meo-amt i only had 50mg. I dissovled it into 50 ml and took 8grams worth my reports on erowid...

I suggest dissolving your entire gram into a liter of alchohol. then using a syringe to measure out your doses by the milliliter. that way a mg=ml making dosing safe exact and easy.

Don't attempt to measure it down to drops, sure you can get it pretty close and its cool to have drugs in eye droppers but realistically there is no reason for it.

Just draw 8ml up in your syringe and squirt it a piece of bread (i prefer a cracker) and your in buisness.

As far as degredation goes I would not suggest selling them to people.... its dangerous and I dont believe this drug keeps well as i noticed great potency loss. Perhaps if you keep it in the freezer at all times.

Although i didnt get to do anything cool particularly i was very impressed with 5-meo-amt. it has a clear, clean feeling (to me anyway) and small visual distortions. I had no side effects and dosed on a empty stomach.

i believe that there is some potency loss involved with diluting it, but with a gram of the stuff youll be able to gauge your dose easily. It might be in your best interest to find any data on how quickly tolerance mounts, and take that in to consideration when dosing yourself.

It is important to remember that not much is known about these chemicals, and its not unreasonable to assume it would be easy to build a tolerance stop using , and then have a horrible reaction due to overdose. Hell who even knows the overdose symptoms of this drug? Have you read up on these things? REMEMBER THIS STUFF IS NOT LSD!

gl

5-MeO-AMT

BOGBUBBLE said:
I suggest dissolving your entire gram into a liter of alchohol.

I do not suggest this...I have found on the one time me and my friend did this that the 5meo-AMT would, in my opinion, considerably weaken over time. The longer we left our whole gram in the alchohol, the less harder we tripped until there were virtual no effects from the drug.......

just something to keep in mind.........

5-MeO-AMT

does anyone know the average time 5-meo-amt takes to degrade in alcohol?

is mescaline oil soulble in chloroform?

i have some basic water (ph 4) with mescaline oil (freebase).
i wish to continue to extract it since it is still quite dirty.
is mescaline soulbe in chloroform as it is in xelyne?
8(
bebe

Last edited:
Mescaline

As a future reference for everyone here's what I got from the merck index about Mescaline: It's moderately sol in water; soluble alcohol, chloroform, benzene; insoluble in ether, pet ether. And that's for the freebase.

Also, you may want to check out some other sites (not gonna post a link here, but the one that I'm thinking of is a little bit more chem oriented) as they should be able to provide you with a better source of information about the actual mechanics of certain procedures.

Also, do you mean basic water as in alkaline, or as in just water? Cuz if you mean alkaline, pH 4 is most certainly not alkaline.

RC's and liquid storage

I am able to measure chemicals roughly to 100 mg with my current scale and will be researching a liquid method. Once the chemical is put into the water what would the reccomendations be on storage of the liquid and will I have to worry about breakdown/loss of potency of the disolved chemical (PEA.) between the initial solution being made and the next test date 2-4 weeks later.

I read through the post on rc and shelf life and the census showed that storing rc's is best in a dry cool environment. I'm not sure if that was due to a breakdown factor or more for sustaining an easier substance to work with.

the_anatomist

Re: RC's and liquid storage

the_anatomist said:
I am able to measure chemicals roughly to 100 mg with my current scale and will be researching a liquid method.

roughly? accurate to what degree?

the concern with storing PEAs in solution is that they might break down and lose potency. however, in my personal experience i have found most PEAs to be very stable, and should last in sterile solution for quite a while if kept out of the heat and light. just don't use tap water and and try and make a fairly concentrated solution, for example 10ml per 100mg. i would not freeze it, but the 'fridge might be a good idea. just remember to shake shake shake before using. and, get a real medicinal dropper that indicates milliliters, don't try to count drops or anything silly like that. if only storing for a few weeks it should be fine.

2C-I

i know of 2c-I that was stored sealed in high-proof alcohol at room temperature for months and months without any obvious loss in potency. The concentration was somewhere around 8mg/mL if memory serves.

Solubility of 2C-I

I've been unable to find the answer to this question elsewhere, and am curious if 2C-I is soluble in either water or alcohol, as I have recently come across some and have no accurate way to measure the chemical otherwise.

2C-I

2-ci is actually quite water soluable. You should have no problem using it as a solvent.

SG

4-HO-DET

I should be receiving a small amount of 4-ho-det, like I usually do, I was going to dissolve the known amount into water or alcohol. Now about all the stories of it turning into a black goo, what if it is stored in a solution like vodka?

I would like it to "stay good" for at least a good while, i can put it in the freezer, etc. I don't have a scale accurate to the mg, so I always dissolve my research chem's into solution, usually a 10 parts whatever chem to 1 part solution (1mL=10mg which seems to be enough solution for most chems). Any opinions for the longest storage of this specific chem? If you had/have some, and had it for a while, and it went bad, or is still good...etc. please post. Thanks!

4-HO-DET

vodka = alcohol (ethanol)+ water.

Putting it in vodka or in whatever aqueous solution of ethanol -including everclear- is going to lead to the same result : black goo.

The good news however is that the black goo is essentially 4-oh-det and still just as active as the powder.

If you want to keep it "clean" so to speak there's only one solution : keep it dry and away from heat.

Any trace of moisture will turn your stuff into black goo. Heat also plays a role.

You can get a better picture by reading Murple's investigation of the goo issue.

Solubility of Tryptamines

Do the hydrochloride salts of the tryptamines all dissolve well in water?

What are the freebases eg 5meo-dmt soluble in? Ethanol?

How long can they be kept in solution, will the same storage criteria as Lsd solution be sufficient,
ie. distilled water, brown bottle, room temperature?

I see one of the recent reports at erowid shows someone with 5-meo-amt (hcl)? dissolved in vodka, is that necessary wouldn't it dissolve ok in water?

Its just i don't presently have access to an accurate scale and being unsure about dosage puts me in a bad mindset.

not that you don't already understand this, but just to be clear, you need a reasonably good scale to begin with or how do you know how much chem you are putting in solvent? especially Alpha-O, i mean its active down to the 1-2mg level.

This post got me thinking that if one knew the maximum solubility of chem x in solvent y at room temp, then couldn't this person use these measurements to determine the concentration of the solution and use it as a stock solution subject to further dilution?