• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Nutmeg Thread

I had what is apparently a rare effect from MJ which I really liked (apart from the extreme dizziness and related nausea), so I was hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones with nutmeg too.
I ground a (very old) whole nutmeg, and let it steep for a couple of hours in a very small glass of red wine, which I strained through the strainer part of a coffee percolater just before drinking. After that, the experience reminded me of me time on quetiapine (for sleep). It put me to sleep pretty quickly, and I slept right through the night, but in the morning, soon after waking I was sleepy again, enough that I wanted to sleep again, and I spent the rest of the morning fending off sleep. That much was just like when I was taking Q. The difference being that fending off sleep was all day every day even before I took Q, (other prescriptions previously may have contributed) but I couldn't actually blame the Q, whereas I can blame the nutmeg. On the other hand, this has almost completely worn off less than 18 hours later.

So I have a question. Is the extreme fatigue due to the 'active' part, or is it due to something else in the nutmeg?
i.e. Would taking isolated myristicin and elemis be any better? TIA

Since when is nutmeg a psychedelic or dissociative? I used 5 gr of nutmeg once when I was young and only felt a small buzz as small and strong as a ciggarette high when you haven't smoked in a week. A little dizzy and not very interesting or worth trying again. I also read later on that such is a very dangerous dosage or something but luckily I am fine.

5 grams is not a high dosage at all. Nutmeg can be very strong at full dosages but it's also pretty toxic and "dirty".

I once ate an ounce of ground nutmeg using a spoon. Every aspect of the 'experience' was horrible. I've never felt so bad in my life. The act of ingestion was disgusting. Then felt nothing until the next morning when I woke up and the whole world was spinning. This continued for 24 hours, punctuated by bouts of projectile vomiting. Absolutely no redeemable qualities whatsoever.

I once ate an ounce of ground nutmeg using a spoon. Every aspect of the 'experience' was horrible. I've never felt so bad in my life. The act of ingestion was disgusting. Then felt nothing until the next morning when I woke up and the whole world was spinning. This continued for 24 hours, punctuated by bouts of projectile vomiting. Absolutely no redeemable qualities whatsoever.
I didn't seriously expect to get high from just 5g, I was just testing a small amount first, and, yeah it was not good. Ingestion wasn't the problem though, the red wine didn't taste any worse for having grond nutmeg soaked in it, it just tasted like mulled wine made with a rough red, which it was even without nutmeg adulteration. Despite my posting that I was clear of it, I actually wasn't, my concentration and energy levels were still (more that usually) off a bit the following morning.
Is is the actual myristicin that is responsible for the shittyness or something else in the nutmeg?

I think it's a bit up for debate, but I think it's probably primarily the myristicin. I'm pretty sure it's a direct precursor to MMDA... a lot of the empathogen class of drugs are quite similar to essential oils from various spices. Of course that doesn't mean the effects are the same or that they have a similar safety profile or anything.

I've heard that if one is going to try to get high off of nutmeg, one should use the freshest whole nutmegs you can find and grate then just before ingestion. I've also heard that the long half life means that like ibogaine you don't have to take your dose all at once, but can take it in increments over a period of days.

Some people have also said that the essential oil is active, allowing them to bypass eating the fruit, but that sounds like terrain that demands caution. Nutmeg is toxic, and the essential oil makes it dramatically easier to consume irresponsibly.

At the end of the day, ingesting gross something that's toxic to get a low quality high with a famously terrible hangover that lasts for days has never been something I wanted to try

One nut is about 5g, which is how much I took, 5 nuts would be about 25g +/-5g

I might try fresher nuts one day in combo with something else when I have nothing better to do than sleep the whole of the next day, but I have other more promising things to try first.
I'm not going for essential oils unless I find them in a regular shop, (for the same reasons I don't want to do chemicals), and even then I will be wary. I got some CBD oil from H&B and it is Foul, even compared to my home made MJ butter!