• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread - Inhalation #2

@mycophile: you can get a dispenser reasonably cheap and it works so much better. It makes sucking on a whipped cream can seem a lot weaker.

I don't know how long you've been using nitrous, but I found that I like it more the more I use it, but at first it seemed like it got worse over time. Like there was a dip in the graph, if you will. I have no idea why that is, but maybe it's what you're experiencing.

I don't have a dispenser but about 2 months ago I bought a cracker and have been enjoying balloons with it ever since and yeah, it's much better than whip cream cans.

I don't know why everyone seems to prefer a dispenser to a cracker though, but at the moment I don't see the reason to spend the extra cash on one.

I don't know why everyone seems to prefer a dispenser to a cracker though, but at the moment I don't see the reason to spend the extra cash on one.

Personally I think it's safer and easier to use. Also I have an irrational fear of balloons. :)

Personally I think it's safer and easier to use. Also I have an irrational fear of balloons. :)

You don't use balloons with a dispenser?

What do you do, suck the gas right out of it?

I've heard that that can be a VERY dangerous thing to do, both cause of the gas being cold and also possibly inhaling more than your lungs can hold.

^You can simply wait for the gas to warm up, that's what my friend used to always do when we'd go through a 30 pack of chargers. I never found it to be difficult or dangerous to use, he had a high quality dispenser he somehow nabbed from a starbucks lol. You can just put one charge in at a time, and then there'd be less pressure/issues of accidentally blowing your lung up.

It's dangerous to do that with a cracker, but not a dispenser. The gas warms rapidly when it expands into the dispenser. I load two or three at a time and I don't have trouble putting too much nitrous in my lungs any more than a barista has trouble putting too much whipped cream in your frappucino. The lever regulates the rate of flow much more precisely than a balloon. You just ease back or let go if your lungs are full.

Hmm,

If it really is safe to use a dispenser then I could see how it would be preferable to a cracker.

And I guess if you started to think you were inhaling too much you could just simply pull away and exhale couldn't you?

And I guess if you started to think you were inhaling too much you could just simply pull away and exhale couldn't you?

You could, but you wouldn't have to. The gas only comes out when you press the lever and you control how fast it comes out. It's simply not an issue whatsoever .

Im finding it hard to get anything beyond an intense body high. Even after 6. Yet my friend leaves this planet on 2 and he's bigger then me. Individual sensitivity is quite big with No2. I guess nitrous is best accompanying other substances.

I agree with your last statement, you get a lot more bang for your buck if you use nitrous when you're already drunk or high. But I've gone to entirely different worlds on a few chargers and nothing else, too.

How long does a hit or whatever last on average? I have only used whipped cream cans 2x in my life. One time by itself and it seemed to be a waste of time. One time while on dxm and it dissociated me to an extreme degree. Is it best as an add on to harder substances or do people usually enjoy it for it's own merits? Seems interesting regardless.

Edit: for some reason couldn't see the above 2 posts initially. Answers my question for the most part.

I love nitrous mixed, the main effects of mixing it with other substances (MD, 25b, alcohol) for me seems to be on duration rather than effects. However, the longer the duration the more I seem to get unusual reactions. While it's a 'soft-drug' really, I get thrown into the same loop of thought which is more internal and disturbing than I get from any other drug. While on MD in a rave I smashed the back of my head on a concrete wall and thought I was being attacked by God, on 25b I had a seriously disturbing moment and in general the longer it lasts (lasting longest on alcohol) the louder, on top of these recurring ideas and memories, some kind of manic laughing and the feeling that the world is an internal construct and some kind of higher being is mocking me. While not on the level of most Bluelighters, I've experimented with various other substances but nitrous seems to give me far more intense experiences than any other, with highly disturbing but enjoyable responses. I'm yet to try any other dissociatives but have tried several regular psychedelics, are these kind of ruminations likely to take place under the influence of, say, ketamine or MXE?

Im finding it hard to get anything beyond an intense body high. Even after 6. Yet my friend leaves this planet on 2 and he's bigger then me. Individual sensitivity is quite big with No2. I guess nitrous is best accompanying other substances.

How long are you holding it in for?

Anyway I did plenty of nitrous during my tripping/partying heydays but not an insane or unhealthy amount I think. Yet I have had hypoxia from doing it, I may have a little apneu that perhaps made that more likely to happen.

You said you had hypoxia. I think I have some serious brain damage from doing 20+ canisters in quick succession in one night. Two weeks later and I feel retarded. Did you recover from the hypoxia?

I've found that holding it in does nothing positive. Breathe it in, breathe it out. I actually get a stronger, more pleasant high and avoid unnecessarily oxygen deprivation. Several friends get the same result. Highly recommended.

I've found that holding it in does nothing positive. Breathe it in, breathe it out. I actually get a stronger, more pleasant high and avoid unnecessarily oxygen deprivation. Several friends get the same result. Highly recommended.
Breathing out into the atmosphere of Mother earth or of a balloon?

How regularly can you safely use nitrous? I take 100mcg B12 daily and have done for a long time before using NO2, and during a session I will always take a few breaths of oxygen after every few breaths from the balloon at least, and go through a maximum of 24 chargers / 1 box in a session (to myself). I've been doing this around 1-3 times per week recently with friends, and although most likely I will get bored of it soon, I'm just wondering how (un)healthy this is.

How regularly can you safely use nitrous? I take 100mcg B12 daily and have done for a long time before using NO2, and during a session I will always take a few breaths of oxygen after every few breaths from the balloon at least, and go through a maximum of 24 chargers / 1 box in a session (to myself). I've been doing this around 1-3 times per week recently with friends, and although most likely I will get bored of it soon, I'm just wondering how (un)healthy this is.

I wouldn't do it long term, but from what I've read I don't think you're in danger.

Breathing out into the atmosphere of Mother earth or of a balloon?

I generally breathe into another person's lungs and then it goes back into the open air.

Depends on a lot of factors. Hypoxia does worse damage the longer it persists. It can cause death, permanent brain damage, recoverable brain injury, or a headache. If you're using canisters, not holding your breath, breathing air between canisters, and not doing it excessively, hypoxia won't be an issue. You can't die from a dispenser. If you're breathing multiple canisters in a row with no breaths between, maybe don't do that. You're not gonna die, nor will a serious injury occur. But it's likely not good for you.

If you're using a big tank, yes you can kill yourself or damage your brain irreversibly.