View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'How have Psychedelics changed You' Thread

48Hrs2FarGone

Greenlighter
Hello all. I finally got to have my first time over the weekend. I went to the beach with a few friends and had a great time. The sky was the shit just as i read it would be. It is now like 5 days later and my vision is still different. I see all colors, well of natural thing such as trees, plants, the sky. Anything to do with outdoor much more vibrant. They look so much more meaningful and I love it. It was my first time and i did a very low dose, only 1 tab. I am wondering what else i can expect to have change if i continue to trip with this subtance. I also felt like i had a better understanding of time and energy. I want to be able to gain more knowledge from this. ANy sugesstions about what to think about or where to do it next.(not that i'm in a rush or anything cause i'm not). Anyone else experience similar effects?

i found the days after my first psycedelic experience (namely Psilocybin/LSD/Mescaline) i seemed to wake up with a much more positive step in my stride, i would wake up with more postivie thinking and would see things in a different light.

I put it down to the fact that your perception has been changed so much that when you return to your normal self, You still see things in a different light.

I seemed refreshed after a positive psychedelic experience. If the experience was a difficult one, then i would wake up feeling not so refreshed but more anxious and upset. Does anyone else notice this ?

Any sugesstions about what to think about or where to do it next.
From all my experiences I believe that outdoors in the nature is the best place to trip. Think about whatever comes to your mind, thats mostly how it works. Just try to stray away from thoughts that could make you anxious or paranoid. You'll think of things and theories you never would have thought of before. I'm assuming that's what happened during your first recent adventure.
Bare_head said:
If the experience was a difficult one, then i would wake up feeling not so refreshed but more anxious and upset. Does anyone else notice this ?
Definitely.

Also, I too gained a positive outlook on life after my first trip.

Last edited:
On one of my first few LSD trips I was with someone I'd just met and befriended at a rave and asked, "When do you think I'll start touching the ground again?"
He responded, "A few hours and you'll start feeling a little more normal... but the truth is that you never really come down."

And to this day, I can still see the curling and dancing of the distant trees and the vibrance, beauty and vivacity of flowers which I'd never so appreciated before.

my life is still changed from the first time i tripped, it is alot different now though.
the day after i tripped i thought yeah my life will be better forever.
well i felt great for about a month and then i tripped again, felt great for about a week.
the last time i tripped which would be my 3rd time i felt great for about a day.

acid is still worth it though its my fav second to having lots and lots of k.
i think it would be great if you try to trip on more than 1 psychedelic instead of doing acid everytime you trip coz you might lose the profoundness that i had and lost, although ive only ever had 2 blotters before next time i will have 5 :)

nuke said:
And to this day, I can still see the curling and dancing of the distant trees and the vibrance, beauty and vivacity of flowers which I'd never so appreciated before.

I really like that well said.
zophen:) %) :D

48Hrs2FarGone said:
i did a very low dose, only 1 tab.

I would not say that 1 tab is a very low dose. Tabs can be very different from one another and depending on which one you take, you can have a very different experience. Just a bit of friendly advice, do not be in too much of a hurry to up your dose.

You open doors in your mind that you will never be able to shut.

When the doors open out to something beautiful, that which you have seen will always be yours...

Sometimes the doors open to something that is deep and dark...

...and then you have to learn to deal with what you've seen....

Take care and enjoy the depth of the beauty that is existence.

It is a process.

PS. I don't mean to sound all mystical and trippy. That's just how 'it' came out

Respect and Peace

I would definitely recommend trying Mushrooms next, as they have a totally different method of "expanding" the doors in your mind. They leave you much more questioning, and just as much in awe. Although I still like LSD just a bit better, shrooms have something about them that makes them a worthwhile experience every time.

^Yep we all love the tripped out state, i suppose that's why we come here,keep the fire burning bright.
zophen.

first time always change you, even if some don't realize it immediatly. That's why I think it would be very interesting for enyone to focus on his way of beeing before his first time, meaning meditate on your feelings, emotion, way to consider life before taking a psychedelic for the very first time as you will never feel completely the same after this, so I think it's good to celebrate your way of beeing before changing for another, it would be a respectful way to say bye to the ordinary world you lived into for so many years until this time.

The first time I took a psychedelic (beautiful, fresh Magic Mushrooms) I found myself coming up in the most wonderul, ecstatic way. I was riding this gushing fountain of sacred energy higher and higher, it was so beautiful. The intensity then reached a threshold, and things were put on hold.... My mind had never felt this way and I suddenly realised that I was in the company of the divine.

The 'shrooms' then 'told me' (not in words, but more through the provision of sudden insight) that "What I was about to experience was going to be more intense than anything I had ever experienced before.......That I should know that this experience in itself is neither good nor bad....It just Is..."

I realised that this was almost a test. I had to understand that I was always at choice, no matter what. It was here that I could have gone "Whoa, oh Shit.." and freaked out. Instead, I 'chose', and moved into one of the deepest most profound few hours of my life.

Gaining this wisdom through experience really has changed the way I've been able to live my life. Man, just writing this down for the first time is bringing it all back.... hahahahahahahaha I love all of you.....I'm gonna hug a tree now and spend some time with my dog =D

Respect and Peace

Someone once said something to this effect:

Once the doors of perception have been opened they'll never completely close again

nuke said:
On one of my first few LSD trips I was with someone I'd just met and befriended at a rave and asked, "When do you think I'll start touching the ground again?"
He responded, "A few hours and you'll start feeling a little more normal... but the truth is that you never really come down."

\m/ (-_-) \m/

Bludda said:
The first time I took a psychedelic (beautiful, fresh Magic Mushrooms) I found myself coming up in the most wonderul, ecstatic way. I was riding this gushing fountain of sacred energy higher and higher, it was so beautiful. The intensity then reached a threshold, and things were put on hold.... My mind had never felt this way and I suddenly realised that I was in the company of the divine.

The 'shrooms' then 'told me' (not in words, but more through the provision of sudden insight) that "What I was about to experience was going to be more intense than anything I had ever experienced before.......That I should know that this experience in itself is neither good nor bad....It just Is..."

I realised that this was almost a test. I had to understand that I was always at choice, no matter what. It was here that I could have gone "Whoa, oh Shit.." and freaked out. Instead, I 'chose', and moved into one of the deepest most profound few hours of my life.

Gaining this wisdom through experience really has changed the way I've been able to live my life.

Respect and Peace

Bludda that is fucking amazing. I couldn't have my first psychedelic experience (also on shrooms) any better.

It is a test and if you can handle it it is so beautiful. Mushrooms are a wonderful drug and they have changed my life.

It makes you see life in such a unique manner. The distortion of time, color, etc takes you into this world, not too far from the "normal" world, where the secret doors of your mind are opened.

I wish I was more eloquent so I could describe how I feel on mushrooms. It's simply amazing (if you can pass the test)

I also enjoy the comedown, as the trip begins to fade and you realize how profound and amazing they are. I always feel so alive and happy as I come back to "reality"

nuke said:

I always thought that if ya do acid... your actually high for the rest of your life... but you only think you've come down because you've been high for soo long that your used to it and it is a part of your everyday life.. it seems that 12-14 hours is the average time it takes for it to get used to for you to *feel* normal again.. but really are you?

Whats normal? moods emotions etc... where constantly changing, evolving anyhow. Via peer presure or learning current theories from physics etc...It seems to me that after a dose of ? your mind always comes back to what it thinks is normal anyhow. It's the thought process and the lables you attach to it that creates your reality, the way you consciously or unconsciously make it.

If you want to Believe "I always thought that if ya do acid... your actually high for the rest of your life... " then so be it!

Life a journey; keep on learning and evolving. Just don't fixate your self on something or you may become stuck there, and stagnate.
cheers

Has LSD changed you?

How many of you have experienced this? I personally think LSD changed my perception of the world and the people around me, for the better. What is your experience and how many of you have been changed by LSD for the better or worse?