• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

Yes, definitely. Benzos like xanax are the ideal way to come down at the end. However they don't just straight up cancel a trip. Taking xanax will reduce the intensity of a trip and is good at pulling you out of an anxiety loop but you'll still be tripping. The best use of it is to kill the residual stimulation and fall asleep at the end of the trip, when you're done with the main trip but you're still unable to sleep and feeling residual effects.

If you've never taken a benzo before, 1mg of xanax would be a good place to start. But xanax is quite safe (you won't overdose), so if it's not enough, taking another 1mg isn't going ti hurt you. But best to start with the minimum amount that will work.
So the expected result of taking a xanax during a dom trip would be sedation and calming of mind, right? Still going to get the usual visual and mental stuff but going to be more relaxed about the whole ordeal and take it without anxiety.

I'm planning to get several 6 mg blotters and start with a half. Having read this thread I believe 3 mg should provide some minor psychedelia and stimulation for the whole day but without any overwhelming effects, so I'm hopeful Xanax will remain unused at least until I take a full blotter.

Xanax will reduce the visuals and the mental trip, with how much depending on how much you take. it will also make you feel calmer and less anxious, so if you're in the middle of the trip and you have an anxiety attack you can't get through, it might be worth taking some even though it will also make the trip less "special" and profound. But if possible you should avoid taking it at all during the trip, instead saving it for the very end when you want to come down and sleep. very long-duration psychedelics like DOM really benefit from a benzo at the very end because the lingering tail end can last so long, and being unable to sleep after that long duration trip can really suck.

Yes, definitely. Benzos like xanax are the ideal way to come down at the end. However they don't just straight up cancel a trip. Taking xanax will reduce the intensity of a trip and is good at pulling you out of an anxiety loop but you'll still be tripping. The best use of it is to kill the residual stimulation and fall asleep at the end of the trip, when you're done with the main trip but you're still unable to sleep and feeling residual effects.

If you've never taken a benzo before, 1mg of xanax would be a good place to start. But xanax is quite safe (you won't overdose), so if it's not enough, taking another 1mg isn't going ti hurt you. But best to start with the minimum amount that will work.
Interesting because I believe more people would agree taking esp a short acting benzodiazepine nearly completely breaks a trip into just at most a left over glowing state?

This is obviously subjective which is the reason I carry IM solution of haldol for non responders to benzos cause I have seen first hand even 6mg not stop a trip???

If I take just 0.5mg of either alprazolam or lorazepam my trip vanishes fast!!! I am very thankful I have such an easy option... Prevents bad trips just knowing I have an anti-trip on hand!!!

Interesting because I believe more people would agree taking esp a short acting benzodiazepine nearly completely breaks a trip into just at most a left over glowing state?

This is obviously subjective which is the reason I carry IM solution of haldol for non responders to benzos cause I have seen first hand even 6mg not stop a trip???

If I take just 0.5mg of either alprazolam or lorazepam my trip vanishes fast!!! I am very thankful I have such an easy option... Prevents bad trips just knowing I have an anti-trip on hand!!!

Lots of people say benzos kill trips, but most people I know, and most long term posters of BL, as well, will agree that it doesn't usually kill a trip, but only slightly mutes the psychedelia and mostly mutes the anxiety and overthinking.

I've actually been in a group of friends when one had a psychotic break due to NBOMe + a confluence of unnerving and highly uncomfortable factors, and using etizolam in some ways made the experience worse as it disinhibited a then broken mind.

Has anyone tried the tiny, yellow "5mg" DOM pellets from a certain DN vendor and can tell me how they were (they also sell blue ones)?

I had two of these pellets lab-tested and they came back as 0.5mg and 2.55mg DOM, respectively, which is a pretty frustrating result. No idea how I should go about dosing such a dose-sensitive substance with such unreliable pills. I mean, one contains half and the other one contains tenth of what is advertised!! That's a ridiculuous spread and makes it near impossible to dose properly! I don‘t know if I should take one, two, or more pills (I originally planned on a 5mg dose), because taking three pills for a first time seems excessive and irresponsible. God I hate pills, too bad they didn't sell powder.

Sorry if questions like this aren't allowed but I really don't know what to do.

Btw, I can't send them back or ask for a refund because I didn't order them personally.

Has anyone tried the tiny, yellow "5mg" DOM pellets from a certain DN vendor and can tell me how they were (they also sell blue ones)?

I had two of these pellets lab-tested and they came back as 0.5mg and 2.55mg DOM, respectively, which is a pretty frustrating result. No idea how I should go about dosing such a dose-sensitive substance with such unreliable pills. I mean, one contains half and the other one contains tenth of what is advertised!! That's a ridiculuous spread and makes it near impossible to dose properly! I don‘t know if I should take one, two, or more pills (I originally planned on a 5mg dose), because taking three pills for a first time seems excessive and irresponsible. God I hate pills, too bad they didn't sell powder.

Btw, I can't send them back or ask for a refund because I didn't order them personally.
Interesting. Maybe my "11mg" DOM trip was also way underdosed. Seems likely given the experienced effects.... should've just taken 'em all.

Interesting. Maybe my "11mg" DOM trip was also way underdosed. Seems likely given the experienced effects.... should've just taken 'em all.
Fucking sucks, I would've rather paid more for some good DOM HCl powder. I had their 4-FA lab-tested as well and it came back as 99% pure, so the substance quality isn't the issue, it's their pressing. DId you also have the yellow ones?

Fucking sucks, I would've rather paid more for some good DOM HCl powder. I had their 4-FA lab-tested as well and it came back as 99% pure, so the substance quality isn't the issue, it's their pressing. DId you also have the yellow ones?
I had blotters, purchased close to a year apart from the same vendor.
Felt at a weak ++ from 11mg, the effects were weak and very bland, I was straight up bored honestly and so pissed that this was what I had been looking forward to for months. I figured it could be possible since others have reacted weirdly to it as well and maybe they were only slightly underdosed, but in hindsight it must've been much less than 11mg. Back then I just dosed 2 blotters of acid on top and things got much much more interesting.

Crush and blend? Atleast it would average out the doses in theory. Better way would be to dissolve the pills and dose volumetrically. Would take a bit of trial and error. Pills suck, pure powder is the way. I miss DOM

Hey guys, I obtained a blotter containing 5mg of DOM almost a year ago. I’m planning on using it tomorrow morning.

One question though; Is it possible to have normal conversations with people or is the headspace foggy?

Lots of people say benzos kill trips, but most people I know, and most long term posters of BL, as well, will agree that it doesn't usually kill a trip, but only slightly mutes the psychedelia and mostly mutes the anxiety and overthinking.

I've actually been in a group of friends when one had a psychotic break due to NBOMe + a confluence of unnerving and highly uncomfortable factors, and using etizolam in some ways made the experience worse as it disinhibited a then broken mind.

I know several people who have been using/abusing benzos.
A few of them need like +400ug lsd and still dont trip hard, even when been off been off benzos for over a week.

Hey guys, I obtained a blotter containing 5mg of DOM almost a year ago. I’m planning on using it tomorrow morning.

One question though; Is it possible to have normal conversations with people or is the headspace foggy?

It's more possible than it is with most other psychedelics. If you're tripping with people, or if they're part of your trip and hanging out, it should be easy and in fact very desirable. I always end up having the best conversations of DOX drugs, especially DOC, but also DOM. If you're encountering random people, it is a toss up.

In general I find DOM to be pretty clear minded and easy enough to talk to people, tho I've never pushed dosage past 7.5mg. It can get quite intense, and there have been a couple times that talking to anyone is the last thing I'd want to do.

I once took 2.5mg before going into a personal development seminar, which was actually a super emotional place. The emotional intensity and the required group participation was just too much for me and I had to leave, in that case I did not want to talk to anyone lol.

I find DOM leans on the introspective for me, but I've also had wild ecstatic social moments as well.

Not related but thought I would share that DOM combines amazingly well with MDMA, I usually wait til the DOM has started to decline, to avoid over stimulation. But yeah wow, they really synergize well. Very euphoric

Last edited:
That is exactly how I could describe DOC, too. I think all of the DOXs share some of that, they're quite social. But not all are very clear-headed. DOPr, for example, is very hypnotic, it had a unique sort of group mind type of effect, and I could communicate with my trip partner very well, but a lot of it was unspoken, when it came to talking to my friend who was there butnot tripping, it was kind of hard (not axious, just difficult). However all 3 of us played music together for 5 hours during the peak, and the connection was incredible, even with our friend who wasn't tripping.

DOET made me anxious and it was hard to communicate. There were also no classical psychedelic signs, no visuals, no distortions really. I just felt intensely empathetic, to the point that my friend hurt his foot during our hike, and I could feel literal pain in my foot.

DOET is very strange

Nice, looks like you're having fun. :) I have ever really had a full trip on DOM, for whatever reason it seems to just not be that strong for me. But I love DOC dearly, and have done it too many times to count. With DOC, around 10-12 hours in, I reach the plateau stage, which is certainly my favorite part of the experience. I wouldn't call it the peak though, it's less visual and acutely psychedelic, but it's like my mind unfolds and I am in an ideal state, perfect amount of energy, and inspiration, and verbal fluency, and curiosity, and ability to do the things I want to do in order to explore and create. The DOC plateau might be my favorite drug

Nice, looks like you're having fun. :) I have ever really had a full trip on DOM, for whatever reason it seems to just not be that strong for me. But I love DOC dearly, and have done it too many times to count. With DOC, around 10-12 hours in, I reach the plateau stage, which is certainly my favorite part of the experience. I wouldn't call it the peak though, it's less visual and acutely psychedelic, but it's like my mind unfolds and I am in an ideal state, perfect amount of energy, and inspiration, and verbal fluency, and curiosity, and ability to do the things I want to do in order to explore and create. The DOC plateau might be my favorite drug
I can definitely relate to it being very similar to DOC but yet they're also different. I'm 16 hours in now and exhausted, will report back after a good long nap ✌️

I tired DOC and DOI and liked DOC way more and once I get into rebuilding my drug collection once again I’ll be sure to get DOC, skip DOI but try to get DOM instead as it’s a classic after all and reading how much you all loved it I bet I too will.

. I wouldn't call it the peak though
Do any of the DOx have a peak really??? They all seem to have really long plateaus. Even the 2Cx and mescaline and TMA-2 dont have definable peaks like LSD does for example.

With LSD there is a 5-10 minute period where I KNOW "I'm totally peaking" lol.

With DOM I very slowly come up (in fact I forgot I took it once why am I trilping?) Hours 3-4 are the most intense, but hour 5-9 I guess I am in the plateau. And by hour 10 I'm definitely coming back, depending on dosage/environment anywhere from 2-6 hours to be baseline. DOM now matter how hectic it can be at the "peak" I've always ended my trips in very relaxed states, and never had any problem falling asleep. I cannot say the same for DOB.

I've never tried DOC sadly. I once had 50mg and it was stolen. Can get more if I truly feel called, but DOx are kind of a 10x in a lifetime thing for me.

I tired DOC and DOI and liked DOC way more and once I get into rebuilding my drug collection once again I’ll be sure to get DOC, skip DOI but try to get DOM instead as it’s a classic after all and reading how much you all loved it I bet I too will.

Oh yeah, DOC is far superior to DOI. I have met I think one person who prefers DOI but not me. DOC has it all, it's one of my absolute favorite drugs, all around. Like Shulgin said in PIHKAL, it is a true, dyed-in-the-wool psychedelic. I have probably taken DOC more than any other psychedelic, because I used to use it weekly or near-weekly for years.

Do any of the DOx have a peak really??? They all seem to have really long plateaus. Even the 2Cx and mescaline and TMA-2 dont have definable peaks like LSD does for example.

With LSD there is a 5-10 minute period where I KNOW "I'm totally peaking" lol.

With DOM I very slowly come up (in fact I forgot I took it once why am I trilping?) Hours 3-4 are the most intense, but hour 5-9 I guess I am in the plateau. And by hour 10 I'm definitely coming back, depending on dosage/environment anywhere from 2-6 hours to be baseline. DOM now matter how hectic it can be at the "peak" I've always ended my trips in very relaxed states, and never had any problem falling asleep. I cannot say the same for DOB.

I've never tried DOC sadly. I once had 50mg and it was stolen. Can get more if I truly feel called, but DOx are kind of a 10x in a lifetime thing for me.

Yes, for me they have a peak, but it's not a moment where you say "THIS moment is the peak". It's more like the peak happens 3-5 hours in (depending on which one it is) and lasts for 3-8 hours (depending on which drug), and then the plateu happens. This is when the peak starts to reduce. During the peak, tje visuals are the strongest, and it seems to keep getting stronger in waves, then ebbing bit, then getting stronger again, etc. The plateau is characterized by it settling into a stable state that very slowly ebbs away, but the plateau is generally the most enjoyable part, because you're still tripping nicely, but you're way more comfortable and back into your self.

Wen I take a high dose of DOC, during the peak, I feel like everything is sort of picked apart, things are confusing, intense, can be overwhelming... the visuals are strong, and it's like pieces of myself and my life are dismantled. Then when the plateau hits, it's like it all comes back together and all of the stuff I experienced becomes insight about mysel and my life. I feel euphoric and on top of the world. The more shattering the peak is, the more profoundly wonderful the plateau stage is.