View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew

Welcome to the Big and Dandy DOC Thread (Part 3)

200px-4-chloro-2%2C5-dimethoxyamphetamine.svg.png

DOC: 4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine

line28.gif

Previous B&Ds:

External Information Links:

IMPORTANT! READ HERE FIRST: DOX Safety Discussion Thread

line28.gif

Fresh DOC topic, carry on!

Here are some quotes from the previous thread:

entheo said:
Will 2.5mg be enough for strong OEV's?
morninggloryseed said:
You saying this is your boyz first time tripping...or tripping on DOC? If it is your BOYZ first time tripping, I'd really recommend a different one. DOC is the works. I'd recommend one with a less than 12hr duration.
thenightwatch said:
i think DOC can be an okay choice for someone's first trip as long as the setting is right. definitely has the potential to turn someone off of tripping though if the timing is wrong.
si ingwe said:
I wouldn't give DOC to any first timer, if I were you. I think light, short acting psyches such as 2c-c, 2c-d & magic mushrooms & the various 4-subs would make the safest introduction to psychedelics. DOC is a pretty easy-going psyche but the tiny active dose makes it slightly risky for a newbie, & the duration would make things very difficult if someone without experience had a bad trip. Plenty of people have LSD as their first psyche & love it, so I'm just being cautious.

Nice to see that MGS has had a spin round on DOC & comfirms my suspicion, that it is indeed a far more worthwhile material than some of it's other DOxx cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by thenightwatch View Post
i say just start him at like 2.5mg on the day of the trip

and make sure to bring plenty of water
But bear in mind that my comfort zone for DOC is half that, 1.25mg. I worked my way up to 2mg but found that increased dosage simply increased duration, not intensity. I puked up & tripped on 2mg for the best part of 20 hours! I doubt I'd ever go higher than 2mg!

(check the rest of where discussion left off here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/599030-The-Big-amp-Dandy-DOC-Thread-(Part-2)/page30 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Subscribing. Still have my 2mg blotter of this that was gifted to me years ago, just waiting for the right day. Thus why I subscribe to these threads, to see if a post can finally twist my arm into taking it. :)

I know this is relatively subjective, but do you guys think that 1 gram could be considered a life time supply?

For personal & close friends enjoyment - yes. One thousand times yes. I wanted to snag that much, but settled for 250 mgs and I'm beginning to think THAT'S a lifetime supply.

Subscribing. Still have my 2mg blotter of this that was gifted to me years ago, just waiting for the right day. Thus why I subscribe to these threads, to see if a post can finally twist my arm into taking it. :)

You REALLY should. Dont let the duration deter you, its really not that much longer than LSD. The comedown can be kind of long and drawn out but that's easily rectified with weed or downers. GHB works fucking wonders for this but obviously dont try to knock yourself out... Sometimes you just can NOT sleep and trying to fight that wont turn out too well, if my experience with amphetamines taught me anything that would be it lmao

over all it has everything you could possibly want from a psychedelic. The stimulation can get in the way at higher doses, but this will stay in my collection for a LONG time as an outdoor adventure kind of drug

Oh, and yeah. A gram would keep you and all of your friends tripping for a VERY long time. You'd probably get sent to rehab before you could go through half of it lol

I know this is relatively subjective, but do you guys think that 1 gram could be considered a life time supply?

It would me, but then even as a regular dipper I don't take stuff that lasts that long more than a few times a year. I'd probably find 100mg sufficient for me.

Haha ffs, a gram would be 500 doses of 2 mg and you could trip off that once every 2 weeks for 20 years or once every 3 weeks for 30 years. If that isn't a life time supply you must be abusing it, in which case your life expectancy is probably shorter anyway. ;)

I submitted one of the 2 kinds of DOC blotter that I have for lab analysis since I forgot the dosage and didn't write it on the samples. I also have powder but only a little bit. Fortunately I have a friend with a ug scale.

^ do you mean a mg scale? I didn't know they made ug scales. If so I bet that's expensive!!

I'm sure he means ug lol.. I weighed mine with a milligram scale but that's quite a dangerous situation if you're not VERY attentive.

Haha ffs, a gram would be 500 doses of 2 mg and you could trip off that once every 2 weeks for 20 years or once every 3 weeks for 30 years. If that isn't a life time supply you must be abusing it, in which case your life expectancy is probably shorter anyway. ;)

Well Solipsis, I found my DOB dose to be higher than usual, along with every other psychedelic, even without tolerance as an issue so I expect my typical dose to be around 8-10mg.
I have also heard great things about its potential at sub psychedelic doses so that may increase my frequency of dosing. And of course, I will have to share with interested friends if it's as good as advertised. I'd rather have a surplus than ever run out :)

Milligram scales are accurate enough to measure out quantities of about 20mg or so. Then you can use liquid measurement to divide that out into individual doses.

Edit: I just wanted to add, taking a really small dose (200-400 micrograms) first thing in the morning is a nice way to add some psychedelic sparkle to the entire day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ most commercially available mg scales have a 2-4mg 'sway' if you will so it's always best to measure a later quantity, this reducing the error percentage, and then going to volumetric dosing from there. Usually microgram scales are only available in lab settings, and are quite expensive. They generally don't use the same mechanism to weigh the material either if my memory serves me correctly.

What do you mean by psychedelic sparkle? I was under the impression that it would be more akin o a nootropic or subtle stimulant experience.

^ That's pretty much what I meant, it's a little stimulating/mentally activating and it gives a mood lift and makes colors a bit brighter, but it's not a full-blown trip.

Would dropping 2 mgs, going back to bed and taking another 1-1.5 mgs upon awakening go? Hopefully only 1.5-2 hours betwixt initial and redose. Trying to avoid nausea. Would dramamine help at all??

I really need to experiment with this substance in the future, one of the most interesting things I've read in a while. If i can ever get my hands on it..

at first I thought DOC was the shit until I found out its a full agonist and noticed a marked tolerance after using it one too many times last summer. Now I just say tread with caution but it can be awesome.

The most easygoing trip, and it makes everything appear in HD ;)

at first I thought DOC was the shit until I found out its a full agonist and noticed a marked tolerance after using it one too many times last summer. Now I just say tread with caution but it can be awesome.

Where is your evidence of it being a full agonist?

From Wiki:
DOC acts as a selective 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B, and 5-HT2C receptor partial agonist. Its psychedelic effects are mediated via its actions on the 5-HT2A receptor.