• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

I am glad to hear that everything is ok, If you didn't have friends your lucky nothing bad happened...but now that you have seen her are you done..or do you seek a even high truth with her? I went back a second time only to reach farther than before....but it ended even worse than the first time I did...Where does your mind see you going from here..?

I think that I will not do it again for awhile, and I did have a "ground crew," and they had to stop me from fighting a plant...that drug is weird. I think I'll lay off the truly weird psychedelics for awhile, I'm thinking about doing mushrooms again.

good choice..and I'm happy to here you had help with your adventure..very smart. Alot of people don't take other peoples warnings serious...If you would I would love to here a trip report if you can piece one together from your memory and friends help... showing people with reports keeps people from hurting themselves..

Chicken

Lefty said:
I took some seeds (Don't remember how many now, I was high at the time) and I just walked around hallucinating crazy things, like people cooking shrimp and giving them to me, when in fact I was eating bark off trees, and I started talking to myself in the mirror, at one point getting kinda mad at myself. It was pretty cool, and lasted about 7 hours. I feel somewhat woozy today, but not too bad. I just took an Ibuprofen and everything is A-OK.
Great.. :)
Think you're a pretty strong person...

I love that plant. I've used it a few times. The only reason i dont use it all the time is cause I know i'd go nut's for good. But it can be great fun. Just so long as you've got a sitter around. Here's my tips if anyone wants hear:
1. Have at LEAST 1 sober person. If this is true for any drug, its true for datura. I think unless you consumed a ridiculous quantity you're not very likely to come to harm directly from the drug itself. However, the hulucinations you see under the influence aren't like the pretty visuals you get on acid. THe best way to describe it is that your dreaming, but instead of laying still like when you asleep, your body acts out what your doing in your dream. Under light doses your more often in reality than dreamworld, and most of what you see/hear is real. As the dose increases, more and more of what you see/hear is halucinated and reality has less and less to do with what your senses are experiencing. Under extreme doses your body dose stay immobile though, and you start frothing at the mouth and have convulsions. Scary to watch, but from my experiences is not dangerous so long as someone keeps an eye on you. Take for example this setting:
Your sitting in your loungroom with 3 friends watching TV.
Light dose: Your still in your lounge with 3 friends watching TV, you may hear your freinds say things that really weren't said. You may have some memory loss. You may smoke some imaginary cig's. You may see things on the tv that aren't real.
Medium dose: Your stilll in your lounge. You might be in the company of any number of "freinds" though. The TV may be turned off but your enjoying the episode of simpsons anyway. You may have complete conversations with your invisble friends. You may believe your in a place other than your lounge such as a club or something. You may slip in and out of catatonic states.
Heavy dose: You have no idea where you are. You may think you outside in a park. The television may be a cinema screen. You might be at a party. You might eat a bunch of things that either aren't food are aren't there at all. You might consume halucinated drugs and *feel* there effects. You may slip in and out of a sort of coma. This may last for days/weeks. You are no longer in reality. In short. Your dreaming.
Extreme dose: Your lying on your couch unconsious, your frothing at the mouth and having some kind of fit. When you come to you'll eperience what i wrote for heavy dose. You probably weren't feel normally for months/years.. maybe never again.

I never thought i could "lose control" until i took datura. So i wasn't with i sitter my first time.. i was real lucky though. I enjoyed the trip. But it scared the hell out of me that i could believe my toilet was a drug dealer. Or a tree was a cop trying to arrest me. Shit like that. If you think you can stay in control dont kid yourself. Reality will slip away, in a very subtle way. You may tell the person next to you that the datura isn't working for you.. but then realise your pet dog has no idea what your on about.

Basically, I love datura. SO don't be detered from trying it. But it will fuck you up. So dont think "Hey, im mentally stable, i dont need a baby sitter, i can handle drugs". Cause you can't *handle* datura.

BTW: 6 out of a group of 7 in Tasmania who tried datura drowned in a few inches of water because they believed they were marine animals. Lol--> Tasmanians !

Lol, those wacky tasmanians. Apparently, it grows everywhere along the coast of California, and every year when it is in season like 15 people die because they just swim off into the ocean and don't come back.

Datura is similar to belladonna (beautiful lady) which is called that because back in the old days women used to put drops of liquid extract of it into their eyes to dilate their pupils, which was thought to make them more beautiful. Both of these plants active ingredients are anticholinergenics, a class of drug which a common OTC product also fits into. I'm speaking of course of dramamine/benadryl/nytol, if taken in the right quantity you can experience the same type of delirium from these OTC products as you can from the plants, but it is my understanding that the duration is a bit less with the pills. So I would suggest that if you really do plan on trying a deliriant that you start with one of the aforementioned products.

dm3 said:
I don't understand the appeal of datura at all.

hmm, off the top of my head, because it's generally freely available, plentiful, and last but not least, makes you trip ballz d00d!

this is not to say that it isn't one of the dumber things you could possibly do.

As long as you have friends around that aren't tripping on it, and you don't eat handfuls and handfuls of it, it is just kinda....weird. I liked it.

i was gonna say datura and salvia are the same thing LMFAO, you really wanna hit erowid mate and read the datura vault, after all the k, dxm etc i have done i am still unsure about taking datura. i want to try it for ages and i ALLWAYS check my info before i do anything i suggest the datura FAQ at erowid or any other good site.
Igronence with drugs like that will lead to you ending in a mental hospital, jail or even death!
And yes you can die from datura poisoning!!!!!!!!
Research saves lives dont be so stupid as to jump ito it blind for god sake!

i once plucked like 20-30 of these plants. not sure exactly what it was but it grew on a short tree/bush thing and it was that same bellshaped white thing like the pics on erowid, friend said it was brugmansia though im not sure.

so anyways i boiled these 20-30leaves in a big pot and then chugged like 3cups of this shit. all that happened was i lost my short-range vision for the next 2-3days, got INCREDIBLE cottonmouth and felt like i was mildly drunk.

would i recommend this to anyone else? NO.

Datura

I don't know how to classify this story, but here it is. This is all true.

My day started out good, woke up knowing later I was going to eat datura seeds. When it came to the time, me and 4 other friends consumed them. I ate 200 seeds from the pods of the plant and my friends consumed 150 seeds. Within the first ten minutes, my eyes were pure black, dialated to the max. This was at about 4:30 PM and the only effects i could feel was that i had a floating feeling. Then at about midnight, everything just went down the hole. My friend and I were driving and we ended up stopping in the middle of the road. I told my friend to leave and we drove to some side street. He ended parking his car and he said he had to pee. I said "okay, I'll stay here." Well I did stay there, but he never returned. In front of me I could see 3 cop cars and they arrested him because he was pounding on houses and shouting. So during this time, I was sitting in the car talking to people that weren't even there (But I could picture them perfectly, like they were in the flesh). The funny thing was, they were people I knew too. After the cops left, I got out of my arrested friend's car and started walking the streets. I was walking down the street, talking to my best friend who vanished into the air about 20 mins. later. I thought to myself.....am i dreaming? Well, I ended up walking into someone's RV and looking around seeing people in it thinking they were going to kill me. I ran out of the RV and booked it to the street, I was seeing creatures and people all over the place. I didn't know what to do or who I was. At about 3am, My parents, I still have no idea how they found me, found me talking to a mailbox about British news (im american lol) and they ended up taking me to the hospital. They drug tested me and only found THC in my system and they thought I was on a high dosage of LSD. Well, they were wrong, I was on something a lot worse, DATURA. For 3 days, I was in a really bad delirium, not knowing who I was and I was still "hallucinating" (if you want to call it that). Not to mention, I couldn't see/read anything that was 5 ft. or closer to me. After this was all over, I didnt touch drugs for half a year. All I have to say is if you plan on trying this "legal drug" DON'T!......unless you want a night like mine. Thanks for reading and I hope I shed some light on this subject.

Belongs in trip reports.

But yes, dileriants are not "recreational" drugs. You take then if you want to go crazy for a while. Usually not a fun kind of crazy.

Anyways, did your friend really get arrested? Or was that delirium speaking too? What happened to the rest of 'em?

I'm curious, what possesed u take datura. people continuosly take it and always have nightmarish xperieces w/it. I've read enuff 2 know i'll never touch it, but what made u want to try it?

further proof that harm reduction sites like this on are vital in the psychedelic community.

I think we're all pretty fortunate that datura and other deleriants don't come with any kind of euphoria, like most traditional psychedelics, or we as a community would be fucked. I can imagine hoardes of people wandering onto highways, and into peoples houses like zombies.

If you're planning on experimenting with datura, wait for a trip sitter who is strong enough to restrain you, and do it in a place where you wont get yourself into any trouble. Otherwise, you might end up with a criminal record and a hospital bill.

my night with datura has me meeting people 3 years later who've heard of me as the "guy who ate those seeds." it's a ludicrously dificult test of will that seems to grant no feeling of pain and lots of strength along with absolute and utter confusion. it's fun on some level, kind of like it's fun to stay up for a few days just to see how long you can go. i'd definitely say it was dangerous though, and i don't say that about many substances at all.