• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

I'd like to try it out in the middle of the desert somewhere, where there's nothing nearby to hurt myself or get in trouble with.

Reminds me of staying up WAY too long, I was talking to people who weren't there when I did that. I thought there was a party at my house, but I was the only one there, and I kept asking everybody when they were going to leave because I wanted to go to bed... lol

Check out the DITM thread about the kid who chops his tongue and pecker off with a set of garden shears whilst "tripping" on Datura.

I disagree on the "safety" of using this in the desert.

One of the biggest risks with Datura and Belladonna (which I've done, and am not proud of) is deathly dehydration... that shit is no fun no matter where you do it.

I was in a daze for three days and was completely convinced that I was in a Wiccan circle, being judged about how clean my soul was, and watching those that Isis deemed impure be smitten before me, in horribly tormenting, brutal ways. It was like spending 3 days in hell, and I'm lucky I had someone around to take care of me....

The shit is FAR from safe.

*** don't drive on drugs ***
... never

and please don't take datura in a city, you'll give the authorities real reasons to blame drugs

^^ And yet, the trip reports are always So. Damn. Amusing. =D Kind of like watching the last few scenes of The Jerk starring Steve Martin.

i don't even know if a sitter can really "fix" datura. i crushed a coffee pot in my bare hands, ripped a bunjie cord apart, and destroyed a toilet in a four hour period[among a host of other strange shit, i ended up naked talking to myself under an outside stairwell at one point and i can't remember at all how i got there or what happened after that]. i'm normally a really happy guy, drugs or no drugs, and i wasn't exactly filled with malice or anything: i just had no fucking idea what i was doing. i'm even somewhat familiar with the dilerient feel and it was still more than just a little overwhelming. imagining the kind of things that could happen with someone who'd never played with other dilerients and who had a tendency to "spook" sounds like a really horrible time that'll probably result in jail time ;[ even though it can be very challenging[bordering on not fun, same with datura], i'd suggest doing diphenhydramine[benadryl, sleep aids] before datura so you'll know what to expect as they are pretty experientially similar. dph doesn't come with that inability to feel pain or superhuman strength so it's alot safer for anyone who might be around and for yourself. the confusion is still there, you just feel so weak that you're almost incapacitated and will typically end up in a shivering ball on a couch or bed. although the come on for dph always felt like the euphoria from an opiate's come on, which was always nice, the rest of it is just so tasking in everyway that there's little motivation to use it. the next day brings unquenchable thirst, speech patterns that make you sound like you're braindamaged, a brutal case of the shakes, incessant headaches, itchy skin, and general bodywide exhaustion. hurray!

edit: ya liteage is right on about that too. it destroys your vision for a while and you don't really remember much about your trip so you'll spend the next few days wondering what happened that night and how it's possible for you to feel like that

Last edited:
if yer stupid enough to want to try datura then you've got what's coming to ya. There is a difference between a drug and a poison, datura is a poison.
I did take diphenhydramine to get fucked up one time and it wasn't anything like I've heard datura described. It was more like a trip. I never hallucinated but I did get interesting visuals. Shit swirled around like acid but in different motions, it was night but it would look like it was daylight sort of like lightning flashes and a would see bubble and a giant amoeba looking thing infront of me. I had alot of odd sensations but never anything bad but I don't think I would ever care to repeat the experience. I don't think using it in the desert would b a good idea, u might end up making love to a cactus or drinking sand (don't u ever watch cartoons).

u guys arent the first person to try datura away from civilization this kid did it in the woods. saw a floating orb and went to it. found demons dancing around the orb. ran away. got tangled ina chicken-wire fence. and was arrested naked ona highway.

i did datura (not enough) and it was a pleasant week or two. i was generally relaxed, and comfortable. super happy. i thought my life was the shit, every time id be doing sopmething like smoking pot, id be like man, its the summer i got TV music and pot...my lifes the shit. and my pupils were HUGE fer 2 weeks

theyre quite nice, very realazing. u get the "floating head" kinda thing for a whille. some people LOVE it

I've always been interested in datura, i really don't know why, it seems like the sort of completly insane stuff for days..i really wonder if i'll try it some time later in life.

A lower dose would be something i would do though, a very low dose to start with.

if u do, extract the scolpamine. dont jus eat seeds, mine were white and look what i got. i ate a half a seed pod. i read the extraction once as follows, soak it in ethanol, filter, boil. its easy, and could be tons of help

well i couldn't really do that, i'm not that good at chemistry, never liked it at school and i couldn't obtain ethanol.

if u do, extract the scolpamine. dont jus eat seeds, mine were white and look what i got. i ate a half a seed pod. i read the extraction once as follows, soak it in ethanol, filter, boil. its easy, and could be tons of help

^^^ Dude, it's not even chemistry - it's a simple extraction, anyone that wants can do it.

And you can buy ethanol at the liquor store. Unless you're unfortunate enough to live in one of those mormon states that outlaws 190 proof...

^^^^^

zactley. but if u specifically want a small dose, thats gonna be hard to pull off, it seems everyone does an insane amount that has a report on erowid. thats why one should take my advise.

edit - read the new rule. No warning this time - atlas

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, everyone has said it, why do you do Datura? No one, or so it seems, has had a good experience on it, and the ones who have don't even begin to make up for the rest that have experienced hell.

Because too many people are reading those "Legal/Natural Highs" articals. They see a plant(Datura), that makes them see shit and is completely legal. Ding ding, legal drugs that make me see shit, I've got to get some of that. And off they go, only to end up semi-naked smashing store windows with a shovel in the middle of the night... :\