Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions.

1. Love mdma, cant do it as im on paxil. Will 6-APB work for me? Mixed info says it might or it might not?
2. Hope this question is allowed, its not sourcing and shouldnt cause any issues?
Was wondering if anybody has successfully shipped to South Africa?

Redosing 6-apb past end of effect of first dose a waste. I did one pellet (100mg aproximatly) and had a good roll, tried redosing with two of the same pellet past 7 hours. No effect noticable after several hours. Save your pellets for some weeks later. Tolerance is *strong* with 6-APB.

Since 6-APB works largely through the same mechanism, the effects which are similar to MDMA will be blocked by SSRIs such as paxil. 6-APB seems to have more psychedelic effects than MDMA, which wouldn't be blocked. This is probably why you have seen people saying the combination does "work".

Redosing 6-apb past end of effect of first dose a waste. I did one pellet (100mg aproximatly) and had a good roll, tried redosing with two of the same pellet past 7 hours. No effect noticable after several hours. Save your pellets for some weeks later. Tolerance is *strong* with 6-APB.

Redosing on serotonin releasing drugs usually will never get you higher than the first dose, as that releases most of your serotonin. on 6-apb all it does is add to the residual stimulation at the end of the peak. Also sticking to powder is a much better idea, no telling what is in the pellets.

Since 6-APB works largely through the same mechanism, the effects which are similar to MDMA will be blocked by SSRIs such as paxil. 6-APB seems to have more psychedelic effects than MDMA, which wouldn't be blocked. This is probably why you have seen people saying the combination does "work".

Thanks. Just my luck, a legal analog of my most favorite drug (mda, experienced once, never found again) in the world and I cant take it. Grrrr. Well possibly I could try for the visuals, which where amazing, as they may not be blocked...

Is it like MDA where you need to take high doses to get the insane visuals. When i dosed mda i took 4 thinking it was mdma. Friends took 2 and they never got any visuals. I understand the psychedelic aspects are a higher dose feature. What dose would that be?

I've done MDA once before and 6-apb seemed like a much, much weaker cousin of MDA. 6-apb produced slight breathing and lame CEVs for me, with better music enhancement than MDMA. MDA produced full blown fractal tracer visuals with some of the best music enhancement I've ever experienced. It's worth noting that MDA was my first roll though, so my experience with it might be a lot more intense than someone else's.

"MDA produced full blown fractal tracer visuals" : This usually only occurs in higher MDA doses and is one of the most amazingly realistic visuals I have ever seen. I just stared at random shit for hours. Please tell me that 6-APB can replicate this?

Told you that you wouldn't be disappointed Axed :D it's nice to see someone getting so much out of such a dose too, since I love 6-APB at ~150mg but haven't given less a try since I'm worried about being underwhelmed. Maybe I'll have to give 100-125mg a try :)

6-APB works in a similar way to MDMA, but from how it feels I think we can assume it has quite a bit more focus on dopamine than on serotonin, while MDMA is the reverse - going by this I'd say the 6-APB will work while you're on SSRIs, but it won't be as magical and you'll miss out on the empathy, you also may need a higher dose. I personally wouldn't advise trying it though, as SSRIs lead to serotonin downregulation themselves, and serotonin releasers will only further this effect, likely making whatever you were prescribed the SSRIs for, e.g. depression or anxiety - a lot worse.

Also, Axed, you already have answers for these but I'll add my input:

1. How stable is this compound (for storing)?
Being a phenethylamine I'd imagine it is pretty stable, just as long as you have it somewhere cool, dry and dark, it should last for a very long time without any noticeable potency loss.
2. Do you guys tend to get nausea on the come-up?
Not with 6-APB but I do with 5-APB. Some of my friends get nausea on the come up though, it's dose dependant and they found eating it on a full stomach was more likely to cause nausea.
3. How long does it take to peak?
About two and a half to three hours.
4. Does it synergize well with weed?
Smoking weed on it is quite nice, but I prefer saving it for the comedown - it gets quite trippy and extremely forgetful/messy, but it's very enjoyable and it also helps ease a rough comedown back to the ground slowly :)

Is 200mg too much? And is 100mg too little?

I.e. Should I make 100mg capsules, or 150mg capsules for me and my friends?

I believe I'll be trying this for the first time at a concert next wednesday, I will definitely report back with results. I've had a gram or so for months now but a good opportunity hasn't arisen until now. If not, then friday at the club with some caffeine. With reading about being floored, either way, I'll have some caffeine as I'd like to be able to dance.

Told you that you wouldn't be disappointed Axed :D it's nice to see someone getting so much out of such a dose too, since I love 6-APB at ~150mg but haven't given less a try since I'm worried about being underwhelmed. Maybe I'll have to give 100-125mg a try :)

Also, Axed, you already have answers for these but I'll add my input:

2. Do you guys tend to get nausea on the come-up?
Not with 6-APB but I do with 5-APB. Some of my friends get nausea on the come up though, it's dose dependant and they found eating it on a full stomach was more likely to cause nausea.
3. How long does it take to peak?
About two and a half to three hours.
4. Does it synergize well with weed?
Smoking weed on it is quite nice, but I prefer saving it for the comedown - it gets quite trippy and extremely forgetful/messy, but it's very enjoyable and it also helps ease a rough comedown back to the ground slowly :)

My friends want to go a little higher than 100mg but I'm afraid it'll be too much for me when I'm already festival-high and in a new setting x_x

And I did end up being somewhat nauseous during the come-up, but I kind of refrained from moving and it mostly went away. Also, I started feeling effects at around T+0:45 which was exciting because I thought it would take much longer-- makes me feel like I have quality stuff.
Oh and yeah, I feel like smoking during the peak was essentially useless. Smoking before, not bad. Sadly we didn't smoke after because we had given up on weed due to already smoking around 2 grams. I think next time we will save it for the come down.

My hypothesis on the extended stimulating effect is that some metabolites of 6-APB are reputake inhibitors of e.g. dopamine, nor-adrenalin and serotonin, and that these metabolites last longer than the initial 6-APB molcule, so the exteded not rushing/rolling stimulation is just a high dose of reuptake inhibitors. From my experience with different reuptake inhibitors I find this likely -- also the second dose of 6-APB or the third don't seem to give any stimulant effect, just making the reuptake inhibitor metabolits of 6-APB be more mg's in your brain, this could explain why people find it hard to sleep after 6-APB and seem to think the come down is smoother than on MDMA. A last word of caution however, reuptake medicins sell at max daily dosages of 20mg, because more is considered dangerous and bad side effects.

I nearly called myself an ambulance about a month ago, cause I had taken 100mgs 6-APB, and I was decently fucked up already, so when somebody offered me half an effexor, I took it, simply because they said they were taking it too. About half an hour later, I started getting really nauseated by the smell of anything, and so I left the group and proceeded to puke until I was dry heaving. I would drink water, but then immediately vomit up what I swallowed. I have never sweated that much in my entire life. At a certain point I decided that everything but my briefs and socks had to come off, and that freaked me out, because usually somebody else tells me I'm too hot so I have to strip(lol). I started thinking I was going to die, but I was more scared of the hospital than I was of dying. Thankfully, they had chew-able anti nausea pills on hand, which worked instantly, and may have saved my life, but def saved me a trip to the ER to get my stomach pumped. I have never had that done but it sounds really unpleasant. I'm a huge idiot and somebody else will probably point it out. I did what I did because those were the drugs I had access to, and I made the false assumption that I was safe to take effexor.

I make horrible decisions when I'm super fucked up. I think I'm going to change up my drug diet for the foreseeable future, which will involve fewer amphetamines, fewer potentially life threatening drug combos, less ecstasy, more mushrooms and tryptamines, maybe some DMT. And probably, it will be a good change.

So Utah, was 100mg too much for you?

What's the recommended dosage for this stuff? 100mg or 150mg? Or less?

100-150mg seems to be the common dosages from what I've read. 100mg was plenty enough for me; like I said in a previous post, I'm almost scared to go higher.

Speaking of which, how much more intense would 110mg be than 100mg? My friends want to up the dose but I don't want to add much more because of how intense it was on my body. I almost want keep the dose 100mg next time, tell them I added more, and let the placebo effect run its course.

dear god. i can't believe people abuse effexor!

i hope the guy who was asking about mixing with paxil see that story. effexor is an SNRI but i would still be wary of an SSRI or NDRI plus 6-APB

glad to hear you made it through utah. tryptamines will treat you well, im sure! a light mushroom dose and a few beers gives me a better "roll" than mdma ever has (although i have never done more than 100 mg, which already gives me a troublesome rebound)

Is 200mg too much? And is 100mg too little?

I.e. Should I make 100mg capsules, or 150mg capsules for me and my friends?

. . . . . .

What's the recommended dosage for this stuff? 100mg or 150mg? Or less?

I'd probably advise you start at 100mg rather than dive straight in with something higher just because caution's general advised with anything you've not done before. I don't do less than 200-250mg these days but that's cos I've found over a good number of experiments that less isn't worth doing for me. Seems I have to dose high to get what I want from lots of the newer stimulant RCs and I've never done things by halves, but lots of other users seem to get at least what I get if not more from much lower doses so best to start low.

Having said that I wouldn't bother doing less than 100mg, and 6-APB seems pretty forgiving, there not being a huge difference for me between 100 and 150mg, or 150 and 200 for instance IME.

What would be a threshold dose of 6-apb? I did a small test and consumed 40mg over several hours to make sure there were no adverse reactions. Slight effects may have been felt but I can't differentiate between real effects and placebo at such a low dose.

dear god. i can't believe people abuse effexor!

i hope the guy who was asking about mixing with paxil see that story. effexor is an SNRI but i would still be wary of an SSRI or NDRI plus 6-APB

glad to hear you made it through utah. tryptamines will treat you well, im sure! a light mushroom dose and a few beers gives me a better "roll" than mdma ever has (although i have never done more than 100 mg, which already gives me a troublesome rebound)

That was me about paxil but my understanding is it blocks the stuff and shouldnt cause issues like S syndrome. So you could at least get the psychedelic effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.