• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-PropO-DiPT Thread

i discovered that 4-pro-dipt isn't water soluable at all

Use distilled/deionized H2O, add at least 5% ethanol, and keep it in a freezer if possible, avoiding contact with CO2. The ester group tends to hydrolysize and then the indolols are subject to oxidation (yielding black to brown to coloured "gunks").

Alternatively it should be soluble in ethyl acetate.

i discovered that 4-pro-dipt isn't water soluable at all

Is it a salt or freebase? Freebase tryptamines are water insoluble. If that's the case, you could add an acid drop-by-drop and stire it up well until it dissolves. I would probably use dilute HCL although citric acid or vinegar or some other common acids would also work. Be sure to store in a cold, dry, dark place though, like the freezer.

^^ You have to be careful how much HCl you use though, as acids (and bases) tend to accelerate ester hydrolysis. Dropwise HCl is probably okay though. It's unfortunate esters are so unstable.

I eat 40-50 mg. Also around 300mg of Oxiracetam. Don't know what happended but 4-pro-dipt felt insanely strong. Nothing I had prepared. Full blown realistic hallucinations which were impossible to seperate from reality. I went completely berzerk. Thought that the whole apartment was on fire and frantically trying to stop it. I was very afraid that the something was going to explode. Thought that I was going to die any second. I almost went even more crazy from the noise of the laundry machine. I couldn't recall at all that I was tripping even though my friend was yelling that I'm tripping. At some point a huge Cuthulhu -style monster started devouring the world. All the time I was sure I'm going to die and there was nothing I could do about it.

I had wierd convulsions and acted like I was possessed. Made wierd gestures with my hands all the time. and was ranting wierd words. Repeating them as fast as I could. There were all kinds of beastly personalities which took control of me. At some point I was strangling my friend. A few times I snapped out of these wierd states and acted normal. I can't recall almost anything. Just some terrifying flashbacks.

I've had bad trips before but nothing like this. I have always been able to tell that I'm hallucinating or something similar. Even imagining vomiting my guts and blood spurting all over etc. hasn't worried me much. But these hallucinations were completly real. Maybe I had some psychotic attack. Maybe it was the Oxiracetam.

Well... you took a very high dose along with oxiracetam. -racetams are known to produce wild effects when combined with psychedelics... including great potentiation (one of the most publicized examples was my 2C-E trip which I'm glad to have had as it was a true +4 but it was only 18mg, and I was pretty sure my soul was dying. Whereas 18mg normally is strong but totally manageable. They weren't even comparable in effects profile or strength).

So... don't do that again! Did you work up to that at all? Did you try 40-50mg without oxiracetam first? I mean, what you did just sounds completely reckless, which it was unless you slowly worked up to that level of usage.

Plus, 40-50mg? Does that mean you didn't weigh it out? That was mistake number 2 (mistake 1 being taking a -racetam along with a high dose of a relatively unknown psychedelic).

What were you thinking, honestly? Stunts like these can result in damage or death which will result in illegalization of these chemicals and setting the entire community back even more. Thanks for sharing (really), but I think you need to exercise a whole lot more caution.

I agree dosing this compound with a racetam is the height of recklessness. Try to use the substance more carefully next time.

We want to hear reports anyways from purely the compound...as most of us will never dare the combination you tried...we'd like research on the pure compound!

thanks for posting though!

Well... you took a very high dose along with oxiracetam. -racetams are known to produce wild effects when combined with psychedelics... including great potentiation (one of the most publicized examples was my 2C-E trip which I'm glad to have had as it was a true +4 but it was only 18mg, and I was pretty sure my soul was dying. Whereas 18mg normally is strong but totally manageable. They weren't even comparable in effects profile or strength).

I've tried racetams with many other substances also. 2-ce included but haven't ever noticed any huge boost. Now it seems that I've only been lucky. Maybe it is also becaouse back then I used racetams daily. This time I hadn't eaten any for a long while.

Did you work up to that at all? Did you try 40-50mg without oxiracetam first? I mean, what you did just sounds completely reckless, which it was unless you slowly worked up to that level of usage.

I've tried 30 mg of 4-pro-dipt. Didn't do anything special. Also 50 mg on acid. Didn't do anything special. And some small dosages. It seemed like not too much.

Plus, 40-50mg? Does that mean you didn't weigh it out?

I measured my dose but I don't remember was it 40 or 50mg.

EDIT: Seems like there was an accident while weighing the dose. The actual dose was around 200mg.

Last edited:
Well okay then... sounds like you were at least more careful than it seemed at first. Still, yeah, I'd say you've been lucky. Those racetams are crazy... they never seem to interact quite the same way twice. In my opinion it's kind of dangerous to mix them with psychedelics since so very little is known about their interactions. But obviously something significant is going on.

I had some at a minimal techno party last weekend (64 mg in total first dose of 32 mg at 21:00 and the second one at 24:00) it was in my opinion the perfect hallucinogen for such a party, it gave everything a very nice sparkle and was never to confusing.
The body high was also great if i sit still it will be a body load (alll shaky and stuff) but if you keep on dancing and dancing it doesn't bother you at all en you'll be swept away by the music. 8o
WOW it was absolutely great (did i mention that already?) i will save the rest for the next minimal party. =D

Last edited:
But on topic, I'd like to taste 4-Pro-DMT rather than the dipt..

I second this, though i'd like to try both. I'd imagine the dmt analogue would be more long lived than the dipt analogue, like their acetoxy and hydroxy counterparts.

I don't see why it wouldn't be metabolized into the hydroxy by the same mechanisms that are thought to be responsible for the same action on the acetoxy. The rate of the metabolic process may be different, and may cause some pharmalogical differentiation, but who knows if this is even what happens to the acetoxy once in the human body. I've never been able to find any medical research on any of the synthetic 4 sub trypt's. Hopefully we'll get some trip reports, or links to them before too long.

Last edited:
Anyone know what kind of a salt the 4-Pro-DiPT that made the rounds was? I've noticed my sample has degraded far faster than my 4-AcO-DiPT. It's been changing colors slightly, so I vacuum packed it. My 4-AcO-DiPT hasn't changed color at all. Just throwing it out there that 4-Pro-DiPT might degrade faster than it's AcO counterpart.

I don't remember what salt my 4-AcO-DiPT is, I think it's HCl. I have it written down, so I could look it up if people are interested.

I've only tried 4-Pro-DiPT out of the synthetic 4-substituted tryptamines.

Just out of curriosity, does 4-HO-DiPT and 4-AcO-DiPT produce similiar effects?Almost identical effects? I enjoyed the 4-Pro-DiPT very much, but can't seem to get it anywhere now. Just wondering whether the other 4 substituted dipts would be as enjoyable :)

It seems that 4-ho and 4-AcO are very similar to each other, but there's hardly been anyone who's tried both 4-Pro and 4-HO/AcO (that has written a comparison at least). I would bet that the effects are at least similar. I would also bet that if you liked 4-Pro, you'd also like 4-AcO/HO.

If you get the 4-HO/AcO version, make sure to post a comparison between the two!

Edit: Can you tell us how long your trip on 4-Pro usually lasts? There seems to be conflicting information about that. Thanks!

I've tried doses 30 mg, 50 mg and 60 mg, all of which I enjoyed tremendously. 60 mg is the dose I need to break through visually, kind of entering DMT hyperspace but different in nature and level of egoloss. Visuals remind me of shrooms more than DMT. Lots of euphoria and body signals. Audio distortions not uncommon.
The effects usually last 4-5 hours, peaking within the first hour. I remember come up as quite fast and with a weird heavy bodyload. It felt quite nice one time on a bike where I raced home cause I noticed the effects start quicker than I'd expected.
I can't wait to try 4-HO-DiPT with it's 2-3 hours, will definately compare the two.

^^ I found the effects of 4-HO-DiPT and 4-AcO-DiPT to be very different qualitatively. The 4-AcO version was more visual than the 4-HO counterpart, while the latter was more serious and psychedelic. I haven't tried the 4-Pro ester, but I wouldn't be least bit surprised if it was quite different from the acetyl ester and indolol. I agree, however, that if you enjoy the 4-Pro, chances are you'll enjoy the 4-HO and 4-AcO as well.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus with most of the 4-HO/AcO pairs. The 4-HO is more serious and psychedelic, the 4-AcO is more visual and happy go lucky (it's still a tryptamine, so it can still kick you ass though, haha). It seems people describe the differences between 4-HO/AcO-DMT the same way. Same for 4-HO/AcO-MiPT.

Yeah, the only comparisions I can make personally are with 4-HO-DiPT and 4-AcO-DiPT. I've tried 4-HO-MiPT, but not 4-AcO-MiPT; I've tried 4-AcO-DMT but not 4-HO-DMT (in a pure form anyway). I am aware that most people describe the differences between the indolol and acetate ester this way and it seems to be my experience as well, with the DiPT analogues at least. Also, 4-AcO-DMT seems to be a lot less serious than mushrooms. But yeah, I agree, the 4-AcO's still possess the capacity to kick your ass, no doubt about that. It's just not as easy to achieve an earth-shattering experience with those as it is with their free phenol counterparts for some reason.

It seems that 4-ho and 4-AcO are very similar to each other, but there's hardly been anyone who's tried both 4-Pro and 4-HO/AcO (that has written a comparison at least). I would bet that the effects are at least similar. I would also bet that if you liked 4-Pro, you'd also like 4-AcO/HO.

If you get the 4-HO/AcO version, make sure to post a comparison between the two!

Edit: Can you tell us how long your trip on 4-Pro usually lasts? There seems to be conflicting information about that. Thanks!

I've tried both and the body high, mental high and overall feeling are very simular but i found 4-pro-dipt to be much much more visual.

It really sucks it isn't available anymore.