• The database table for Search and "New Messages" functionality is currently being rebuilt. Until it is completed, you may see empty or incomplete results for these.
  • Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest Posting RulesBluelight Rules
  • PD Moderators: Cream Gravy? | Transform | Vastness | Xorkoth
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

Morphing Willie

Greenlighter
I find the come up quite intense with shivering, dizziness and a little anxiety. My guess is, if I split a dose in half and take it 10min apart, would that reduce the instant rocket launch?

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
If you smoke it, the come up is much easier.

Best to convert into a freebase using baking soda, though the salt can be smoked directly itself (better to do this with the hcl rather than the fumarate, though i will admit, i have smoked the fumerate salt many times).

Smoked 4-ho-met is awesome. The comeup is fast, short and easy. The whole thing is a full psychedelic experience in 90 minutes total with very little anxiety.

Morphing Willie

Greenlighter
My 4-ho-met is a mixture with mannite. I dont think that I would smoke that. Next time I will split the oral dose and report back, if that does anything to the come up

babooon87

Bluelighter
Never tried smoking a 4-sub tryptamine, sounds like it could be great though.
I was skeptical about it but recently ordered 4-aco-dmt freebase and it worked surprisingly well. It was a pain to store, handle and weigh though as it becomes an oil at room temp. Do all the 4-subs become that messy when in freebase or are other ones more stable ?

Vastness

Moderator: PD
Staff member
Has anyone tried vaping a tryptamine salt dissolved in PG/VG? I can't remember what my metocin is, I think fumarate. For some reason I've just never invested in the kit required to properly "smoke" delicate tryptamines, maybe it's some subconscious bias about having something around which would also function as a crack pipe. But vaping seems somehow cleaner and is just so much more convenient anyway, technological hassles aside.

I've read a few reports that vaping DMT salts is quite possible and works quite well, so presumably the same would be expected of most substituted tryptamines?

negrogesic

Staff member
Ill say this, unless you convert it into a freebase (sodium carbonate is preferable to bicarbonate) don't smoke the fumerate salt, my lungs resent me for it, ive done it many times. I did it recently at high dose and my lungs are still irritated, which is bad timing for this coronavirus nonsense.

Vaped 4-ho-met is great. Vape the hcl salt or convert the fumerate to a freebase. Heating sodium bicarbonate in a sauce pan (till the air bubbles stop bubbling) yields sodium carbonate fyi. Sodium bicarbonate still works though.

phenethylo J

Moderator: DiTM
Staff member
If you smoke it, the come up is much easier.

Best to convert into a freebase using baking soda, though the salt can be smoked directly itself (better to do this with the hcl rather than the fumarate, though i will admit, i have smoked the fumerate salt many times).

Smoked 4-ho-met is awesome. The comeup is fast, short and easy. The whole thing is a full psychedelic experience in 90 minutes total with very little anxiety.

Used to like vaping 4-aco-det furmate in a meth pipe; gave a nice rushy trip. Sometime would mix a little in when vaping dmt.

negrogesic

Staff member
Used to like vaping 4-aco-det furmate in a meth pipe; gave a nice rushy trip. Sometime would mix a little in when vaping dmt.

Yeah its fine on occasion but after a while it starts to irritate the lungs. The fumarate on combustion yields maleic anhydride (a level 3 hazard) which is a potent irritant to the lungs. Smoke enough fumarate salts and you'll feel it. Took me a while for that to happen. Other than that it smokes fine, but id recommend making a crude freebase for safety's sake.

Last edited:

Anthem Acid

Bluelighter
I have a Gemini-20 and weigh anything that isn't super potent with it. It varies by +/- 2mg unless the batteries are low, for something like this that doesn't matter. I use it for all drugs, even stuff like DOC which is active at 2mg and where 3mg is WAY stronger. I do this using liquid measurement, I weigh 50mg which might be anywhere from 48 to 52mg, and dissolve it in 50mL of alcohol. Then I dose with an oral syringe. This divides the error across all the doses. 1mL could have between 48/50 = 0.96mg and 52/50 = 1.04mg, which is totally acceptable. You can do the same with any substance, though keeping tryptamines in liquid causes them to degrade quickly.

In regards to this, might do some of this again tonight, but I have a bit of a problem. I did buy a scale that measures to the thousandths decimal (ya know, to get specific low weights), but because of certain circumstances, I don't have access to it.

My question, is, since I'm gonna have to use a normal scale that only measures to the hundredth, I'm wondering what the +/- is on the actual weight that your run of the mill scale shows. I'm definitely just going to attempt to weigh out 4 or 5 solid doses, so 60mg to 75mg (15mg a piece, mix it into alcohol). Honestly, I have multiple questions..

1) How accurate is the average scale when it comes to low numbers like 60 or 70mg's? I know a lot of them won't even begin to show anything is on the scale until it gets to 20 or 30mg, so I'm just curious.

2) What is the difference between a dose of say, 15mg and a dose of 25 mg's? Just in case the scale is off?

Obviously, I wouldn't be doing this if I just had to weigh out some for me and another person. i'm only using a lesser scale because I know I'll need to weigh out multiple doses, and i know most scales can tell you *in the ballpark*.

Cheers, gang! Thanks for any help.

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
I think the weighting error would be about +-10mg, maybe +-20mg, so per dose that’s at most +-5mg, if you’re fine with that. But it depends on the scale, though it’d be very surprised if the error is larger than that.

Make sure there is some weight on it already (and add the 4-HO-METs weight to it), that way it’ll be more accurate, that’s good practice for 0.001g scales as well.

Anthem Acid

Bluelighter
I think the weighting error would be about +-10mg, maybe +-20mg, so per dose that’s at most +-5mg, if you’re fine with that. But it depends on the scale, though it’d be very surprised if the error is larger than that.

Make sure there is some weight on it already (and add the 4-HO-METs weight to it), that way it’ll be more accurate, that’s good practice for 0.001g scales as well.

See? That's why you come here. Obvious, but great advice. Thanks, bud.

Morphing Willie

Greenlighter
My 4-ho-met is a mixture with mannite. I dont think that I would smoke that. Next time I will split the oral dose and report back, if that does anything to the come up

So I tried it and it worked, just for your info. Comeup was more gradual and longer with less bodily discomfort.

Pfafffed

Bluelighter
Has anyone tried vaping a tryptamine salt dissolved in PG/VG? I can't remember what my metocin is, I think fumarate. For some reason I've just never invested in the kit required to properly "smoke" delicate tryptamines, maybe it's some subconscious bias about having something around which would also function as a crack pipe. But vaping seems somehow cleaner and is just so much more convenient anyway, technological hassles aside.
I did with unsubstituted EPT. I figured that since it was nebulizing at a lower temperature than it's vaporization point then I wouldn't have to worry about it being the fumarate salt (which may or may not be an issue anyway.) It didn't work particularly well, but it may be that it was too dilute. I tried subsequently tried with the freebase and that wasn't much better. I had better luck vaping the salt on quartz coils, but I am not confident about that being either efficient or healthy.

Iodjini_dk

Bluelighter
How is this stuff to eyeball? I know it is generally not recommended and I do own a miligram scale, which I use for 2C-B and other substances. But, in my experience, I enjoy to eyeball 4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT and other tryptamines with a fast comeup and slowly titrate my way to the desired dose. For me the comeup on these substances is so fast (15-20 min) that I just dabble my way to the desired state slowly. I do this with mushrooms too. Is it the same with 4-HO-MET? I would not do it with 2C-(X) or drugs with a long comeup. Thats too hard to control IME.

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
I don't get it, why not titrate your way by weighing your doses? It takes like a couple seconds.

It's just as 'easy' as other tryptamines though, but still, I don't see the point. At least weigh the doses to know for future reference.

Iodjini_dk

Bluelighter
I usually use psychedelics outdoors or in settings where its not really practical to bring a scale (like festivals). I prefer a little vial with some tryptamine dust that I can slowly sip instead of one full dose at a time. I don't know, man. I guess thats just how I like my tryptamines.

negrogesic

Staff member
Yeah, if you are accustomed to it, it can be eyeballed without getting into alot of trouble (unlike 4-AcO-DMT).

I usually eyeball it when smoking it. Otherwise i weigh it since the time commitment of other ROA's is significant greater.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I always bring doses of RCs to festivals, I just pre-weigh them and bring them in individual foil packets or pills, that way I know what I'm starting with. I might bring 3 or 4 pre-weighed doses of a single chemical, so I can give some away. Sometimes I will split one of them in half or something to redose, which is eyeballing to an extent but at least I know where I started from.

The one time I brought something potent that I didn't eyeball, it was 3-MeO-PCE. It was dark and I was kinda drunk and ended up taking who knows how much, I thought it was a normal dose but was probably like 50mg. I only remember bits and pieces, I saw smears of color and the music sounded like some alien droning. I felt really good but was totally unresponsive and fortunately my friends were with me and brought me along everywhere. I wouldn't respond to anyone but they said I had a giant grin plastered on my face the whole time. I was fine, but it could have gone differently. It's really just better to weigh stuff.

But if you're going to eyeball, tryptamines are the safest psychedelics you could go with. Anything is really hard to eyeball in less than ideal conditions though, such as darkness, pre-existing tripping/drunkness, etc.