• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-P Thread - 2nd Coming (feat. alliterating ramblings)

I was underwhelmed with this one. Received a 10mg sample, but of course the sample was in a baggie rather than a capsule... was unable to properly weigh it out. I'm guessing I ingested about 7-8mg. I definitely was affected, but it was mild throughout. I slept easily less than 20 hours after dosing.

I liked this one a lot, and always wondered where the therapeutic range ended. I took 15mg, but 16mg was supposedly "too much" by one of Shulgin's subjects in his book. I don't recall seeing reports that were above that while he/she was having a good trip. Maybe I'll look around again, since I might take some of this soon.

Ehh that report is known to not really be that accurate in the sense that the person just relived a difficult experience. I've dosed it up to twenty or so mgs but never saw to much of a point in going further as that was enough, and it didn't seem like there was to much more to gain. Still though be careful as its a pretty powerful long lasting trip obviously...

I feel like it's good to note occasionally for anybody who might skim through this thread that 10mg can easily knock someone's socks off if they aren't tolerant or experienced with psychedelics when it comes to 2C-P. When I tried it I also had about 7mg-8mg (capsule broke open in the bag, lost powder) but none the less it was still actually quite a strong trip. I was quite inexperienced at the time though and had no tolerance so I'm sure it wouldn't hit me as hard now.

I see. Mine were the hcl, and so is the one I might get, but yeah 15mg was more than enough lol. Was jw if taking it further was worth it, but the body load does kind of suck (for me), so I'd start at 10mg most likely anyway.

Help-Was the 20mg dose any different than around the 15-18mg range? Like effects wise or anything, I guess. Thanks. :)

Yeah but it was like you said, the side effects just increased, and the trip was stronger/more immersive but everything else was just a bit to heavy to want to deal with really....

I'll just chime in and say 6-7mg is my sweet spot for this chemical. Lucid enough to be socially coherent when necessary (and enjoy it), and immersive enough to go deep inside, if the desire arises and set/setting agrees.

Ehh that report is known to not really be that accurate

Alexander and Ann Shulgin have impeccable credibility and are respected at the utmost level. Alexander and Ann Shuglin are the reason we have modern psychedelic therapy. They kept psychedelic therapy alive through years of oppression and prohibition. I presume you weren't speaking of them in saying "that report is known to not really be that accurate". Is this right?

Alexander and Ann Shulgin have impeccable credibility and are respected at the utmost level. Alexander and Ann Shuglin are the reason we have modern psychedelic therapy. They kept psychedelic therapy alive through years of oppression and prohibition. I presume you weren't speaking of them in saying "that report is known to not really be that accurate". Is this right?
Yeah I meant they didn't really explain at the time this person experienced more of a..."psychological crisis with physical backlash", not that the report itself was inaccurate. I think I've read an actual response from Alexlander posted on erowid about it, explaining that it wasn't so much a technical physically dangerous OD but more of a mental thing with physical component. Sorta reminds me of how people freak out then start getting more delusional, talking about thing crawling on them, or entities attatcking them, that sort of stuff...

Seems like 18mg would be the highest I'd go then. Ya, it does warp the mind a little bit, at least enough to induce thought loops...kind of trippy except it was kind of emotionless, at least for me. So I was wondering if a higher dose had more of that...I guess so.

Thanks for the answers. :)

Yeah if I remember properly, the portion that wasn't added to the TR(I think because it was just an inner circle friend of Alexander's and they didn't really work through it until after it was published...?)was Alexander talking to his friend about it, and the friend speaking about how he felt like the room was vibrating, which lead him to sort of flashback to an old memory where his legs became trapped under a bookcase, causing a solid bit of injury/damage to them, which lead to a freakout(you know the thoughts many people have while tripping really hard and getting paranoid, then begin to believe like "Oh this will never end/I've fucked my brain up permanently.." sort of thing and at the time it feels super real and true but then you comedown and scoff at the idea..). I've actually had a sort of similar event happen to me while tripping(granted nowhere as serve as they portray..)where I sort of relive the feelings or realize I feel similarly to when I injured the nerves in my legs. It's usually just a short burst of emotion where I'm tripping excessively hard and sort of have...IDK what exactly to call it but an abnormal(retrogressive) bodily sensation experience. Kinda like how people with amputated limbs can randomly experience phantom limb pain where they think the lost appendage is still there and it causes extreme pain as well as feeling highly realistic!

I've tried 2C-P at REALLY low doses twice now - 500µg and 1mg, and I have to say I like it a lot. I feel like I can already tell some of it's character at these low levels, which is promising. I find it extremely peaceful. 2C-Peace. I took the doses and went about my normal day (which doesn't involve any driving or people's lives depending on me FYI) and it was quite lovely, gentle, calm. A tiny bit of colour enhancement at 1mg. I'm kind of surprised by this one because I didn't think I'd like it, but I already do.

I wouldn't say it's nootropic at all, because I doubt it enhances my working memory or mental computation abilities, but it was a bit of a performance enhancer for mental tasks because it totally calmed my monkey mind. I felt completely content to focus on the task at hand, but not in an intense or euphoric way that a stimulant can cause. I found it more useful than 2C-D, which is often purported to be "nootropic".

I wouldn't say it's nootropic at all, because I doubt it enhances my working memory or mental computation abilities, but it was a bit of a performance enhancer for mental tasks because it totally calmed my monkey mind. I felt completely content to focus on the task at hand, but not in an intense or euphoric way that a stimulant can cause.

I found this same quality in low-dose DOPr (the amphetamine version of 2C-P), interestingly enough. I felt not enhanced specifically but like I could focus on work better because I was so content and calm.

I'm not sure I would agree with the 2C-Peace nickname though. At least not at the medium to higher dosages. I mean I really love this compound, but it makes my mind race everytime, like I need to re-evaluate everything and everyone. My trips on this one tend to have a bit of darkness, but they are so productive and cathartic. I found it very intense, not at all peaceful ! But incredible and useful.

Yes, this stuff can get kind of strange at some parts of the trip. People usually get uncomfortable as the come up starts (on anything really), but for me it gets uncomfortable until the plateau starts. During the peak there was a lot of thought and mind-picture looping, as well as unique ass visuals (honey comb nets, shadowy figures and shadows that aren't suppose to be there, red and blue pen-like writing creations, etc). I took it late at night though, so that might have something to do with it.

I really want to try 2C-E because of the supposed similarities, but I can't get any and I don't have enough time. =/

But I'm probably going to get about 30mg of this, and split it into two full trips. For sure going to take one dose the day before Thanksigiving day. I want to peak with it while I'm outdoor in nature, and during the day too. Change. Setting!!

Yesterday I tried 2C-E and didn't found it as close to 2C-P as people say. Of course, with just one trial I can't say I completely "understood" it, but I went into the trip expecting a shorter duration 2C-P and I was surprised. With 2C-P I always get an urge to talk and share ideas, communication is greatly enhanced. Also, the headspace is very analytical, I can't stop thinking about everything in everyway possible. Like my mind enters hyperactive mode. 2C-E I found it less "logical" and a lot more emotional. Maybe it was my particular mindset prior to the trip but I felt very sensitive about everything. I even cried scandalously, which had never happened to me before while tripping. It was a very cleansing experience though. I found 2C-P a lot darker, and the body load from 2C-E was waaay worse. At times I was actually having very pleasant bodily sensations, but the comedown from E destroyed my gastrointestinal tract. I found that a more or less equivalent dose of 2C-P was a lot more clear headed, with 2C-E there where moments of pure mindfuck where I could barely understand what was going on inside my head. Also, although both compounds are certainly VERY visual, I think the visuals where different, I found that P's visuals are more pattern oriented, I usually see incredibly detailed fractal patterning, surfaces completely transform. with 2C-E I had intense breathing, everything was melting and swirling, the color spectrum was wider than with 2C-P. Well, this is what I gathered after one experience with 2C-E, so I can't say for sure without further experimenting, my comparison may be way off .

crying while tripping is incredibly healing.
Indeed. I had it happen for the first time a month and a half ago, and it was just... I felt so good afterwards, I was having a tough trip all the way up to that point, then things just felt... right. I dunno. Far out tears man.

Last edited:
crying while tripping is incredibly healing.

Indeed it was. The two previous weeks leading to my trip found me having to struggle to maintain the energy I have to put to cope with daily life. Too much going on, and too little confidence in my ability to success in all of this. I was feeling stressed, afraid and generally hopeless. After I cried I felt so at peace with everything, and really understood that there's nothing to be afraid of. It was very cleansing and healing. Like I let go of all the despair that was sucking from my energy.

it makes sense in a spiritual sense, and also makes sense in a biological sense -- some science shows that emotional tears contain stress hormones, and have a different chemical makeup than reactionary tears (i.e. tears from sand in your eyes or chopping onions). which means that when you cry you are perhaps literally crying the stress out of your body.

its something that i'm not comfortable talking about because of the way i was raised, but i often cry on psychedelic trips, in particular 2C-P has brought me to tears probably more than any other psychedelic. i've cried for myself, and i've cried for the world. i always feel better afterwards, but it can be very intense at the time.