View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-C Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have to get my hands on this... I am very interested in it, especially the no body load component, as all compounds have a high load for me, 2C-I a prime example with body energy, headaches, and various body pains...

After reading all the threads here about the various PEAs, I had the pleasure of experimenting with 2C-C this past weekend. I appreciate all the efforts people put into their posts and thoughts. Due to some scale problems, 120mg was split into 4 doses, estimating ~30mg each by sight. Not an accurate method for redividing the measurements, but there was trusted company.

We quite enjoyed the feeling, with a non-existent body load. The investigators all felt that this was quite lovely for the ease it allowed us to direct our experience. All folks were in an upbeat positive mood, just walking upstairs from our community radio fundraiser. The headiness was entertaining, since there was serious visual distortion, but more in a "that's just not right, but it's entertainaing as hell" sort of way, allowing enjoyment of the surroundings and each other. One person had a little difficulty going to sleep, but after a few hours of rest, we felt relaxed and in a content mindframe. A couple little difficulties in the day, just provided amusement and were dealt with in a nonchanlant fashion.

I found this a nice substance, and am looking forward to getting the scale back from repair, and trying a couple other PEAs on my shelf

I found that 2C-C is a great one to mix with 2C-T-21, "THE COLORS!". I had taken 6mg of the C21 and later on (not sure what time, 2-3 hours maybe) took 30mg of 2C-C, patterns and lines all over the place, they both potentiated each other's good effects, and still no body "kinks".

I notice this sparkle effect that seems unique to 2C-C, where looking anywhere, sometimes there are small white tiny 'dots' that will flash, and go away. There is a flowing effect that I would notice only a little, but with the 2C-T-21 added this was much enhanced.

There's a chopping effect of sound that everyone seems to notice, usually listening to music, thats unique to 2C-C.

^^^ Thats the best description of the 2c-c visuals I have heard yet. I just recently tried 2c-c and was very impressed. There was very little in the way of visuals, but that wasn't what I wanted from the trip anyway. But the sparkles definatly make it a little more interesting. I think it also makes it a good candidate for day tripping, you can still see well enough to function and all, but the view is a little more interesting...

Although I haven't noticed that sparkle effect from 2c-e ever, it seems to always happen with 2c-c. Usually others notice it too (me not telling them about that part beforehand).

Not only those occasional white 'dots' that appear on any part of your vision, but, just certain things, a reflection of a light on a person's eye, or an object, has its own different "sparkle" thing, that catches my attention. Anything shiny, especially round, like a real shiny metal round object, you look at it, and it happens to be reflecting light from somewhere, that reflected point of light just looks somehow.. more interesting, catching your attention.

%)

I tried 57mg of 2c-c a while back. It was still mild, +2 at the peak. It was very comfortable during the peak, but I got the worst symptoms next day I've had on any psychedelic. I had mild headache and general ill-being the whole following day. Not my type of drug.

Psychodonovan said:
Has anyone tried more than 50mgs of this stuff? I'm thinking of experimenting myself, since everyone seems to say it's so 'mild'... Maybe it's not mild and we've all just been underdosing?

I took 50mg and didn't find it "mild." I can say it was a gentle trip, and was very easy to direct. But 50mg of the stuff got me to a powerful plus-three and I'm glad I took it where I did, which was up on top of a mountain.

I've tried 52 mgs. and 40 mgs. and both times didn't notice a great deal except a body load during the experience and one of the most excruciating headaches afterwards I have ever had. It was not entirely unpleasant, and one to tick of the list, but certainly nothing special. There were no visuals, no philosophical insights and nothing that would lead me to want to repeat the experience, especially considdering the horrible after-effects.

^^^^^^^

That's odd. Most people, including myself, consider 2C-C very easy on the body. Personally I had no side-effects or after-effects. It was the easiest synthetic I've ever tried.

2C-C sounds far too promising.. I want to see it with my own eyes.

morninggloryseed said:
What I really noticed about 2C-C was its malleability. It seemed to be whatever I wanted it to be, rather than have much character of its own. At the height of the experience I could go out-of-body at will, come back and enjoy the visuals, or suddenly feel almost normal.

The visuals have an adaptable character to them. I can use them to recreate any hallucinogenic substance I have known and loved. With open eyes, I can easily go into LSD flowing visuals, or into the warm earth world of Peyote, or I can stop them altogether.

PIHKAL - 2C-T-7.

Almost identical.. Just your average +4 trip. :)

Strange, for me at any dose up to 60mg 2c-c is just a stimulant. Very, very little in the way of psychedelic effects.

Healthy psychedelic discussion. :D

Originally posted by morninggloryseed:
What I really noticed about 2C-C was its malleability. It seemed to be whatever I wanted it to be, rather than have much character of its own. At the height of the experience I could go out-of-body at will, come back and enjoy the visuals, or suddenly feel almost normal.

Originally published in PIHKAL - 2C-T-7:
The visuals have an adaptable character to them. I can use them to recreate any hallucinogenic substance I have known and loved. With open eyes, I can easily go into LSD flowing visuals, or into the warm earth world of Peyote, or I can stop them altogether.

Originally posted by Blowmonkey:
Almost identical.. Just your average +4 trip. :) ...2C-C sounds far too promising...I want to see it with my own eyes.

Though the 2C-T-7 experience can vary greatly from person to person; I think it is still fair to say that, based on all reports available, 2C-C and 2C-T-7 produce very different experiences. I don't at all find much alike between the two beyond that "phenethylamine feel", and I've worked with both psychedelics a fair number of times. 2C-T-7 is my favorite of the two, hands-down. In fact, 2C-T-7 is probably my favorite synthetic psychedelic out of all that I've tried. 2C-C isn't even in the top-five.

I'll admit that if you just go by the words of these reports, these two materials would seem to produce very similar experiences. This really shows how words can be so inadequate and misleading when used to describe major notable differences, as well as minor nuances that vary between members of a related chemical family...like these two 2Cs-series reports we are talking about now.

Originally written by Dr. A. Shulgin in PIHKAL:
A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samadhi' and many other names in other cultures...It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes

I don't think either write-up represents a plus-four experience. None of the events that occur during the mystical experience are mentioned in either report. What I experienced on that that 2C-C trip was blissful, fantastic, and lovely in every way. But I can hardly say that I was blessed with a plus-four that day. It was nothing like my 5-MeO-DMT experiences, or some isolated experiences with 2C-E, DiPT, iprocin, ketamine, LSD, MDA, methylone, morning glory, and perhaps others.

While I can't speak for the writer of the 2C-T-7 report you cited, it doesn't sound like a plus-four either. I'm sure there are additional notes which didn't appear in the book documenting aspects beyond visual characteristics. But usually the more important/interesting text is what makes it into the Shulgin's volumes. I'd think anything about a 'peak experience' would be what would have made it into the book. Not what the visuals looked like.

Now what did you mean, "Too promising?"

What promise does 2C-C come with? I think if you take 2C-C with any expectations other than a gentle, non-pushy, laid-back trip...you would be most likely disappointed. As I said, it is very malleable and will usually go in any direction you desire. It is nothing that will set the world on fire. But 2C-C is still a fantastically gentle and relaxing psychedelic good for an untold number of occasions.

2C-T-7 on the other hand is a bit more serious of a trip. For me, 2C-T-7 helps bring emotional issues to the surface and release them in a very cathartic way. It leaves me feeling so clean inside. I also find the glorious visions produced from 2C-T-7 result in even more emotions. On a number of 2C-T-7 trips, I have been brought to tears just from the sheer beauty of it all. When comparing the connection to emotional themes and issues, I find MDMA a Huffy with training wheels compared to the impressive mountain-bike that is 2C-T-7.

I don't see the point of the comparison though in the first place. Were you just noting the similar sound to the two reports, or was there something else?

Last edited:
morninggloryseed said:
I don't think either write-up represents a plus-four experience. None of the events that occur during the mystical experience are mentioned in either report. What I experienced on that that 2C-C trip was blissful, fantastic, and lovely in every way.

Then that's where I was mistaken.. Your report sounded as if it was a "mystical" experience, maybe it was me, but that report was just beautiful..

Now what did you mean, "Too promising?"

2C-C is promising in that only 2 people I know of have had something bad or not noteworthy to say about it. That alone is promising, but what really intrigues me, is it's "malleability" and the fact that it lacks the body-load that many of the other phens have. Maybe it isn't the best drug ever created, but still.. Those things have caught my attention.

On a number of 2C-T-7 trips, I have been brought to tears just from the sheer beauty of it all.

That's what I was told by a friend of mine as well. :)

I don't see the point of the comparison though in the first place. Were you just noting the similar sound to the two reports, or was there something else?

That's all actually, they sounded alike, but I wasn't comparing the two chemicals; more the "character" of those trips in where you can direct it in whatever way you want..

Blowmonkey said:
Then that's where I was mistaken.. Your report sounded as if it was a "mystical" experience, maybe it was me, but that report was just beautiful..

Well it was very beautiful day, don't get me wrong. Especially when that insect made that "all is right" noise. Everything was so peaceful. But I can't say that trip is on the "top ten trip of all trips" list, ya know?

2C-C is promising in that only 2 people I know of have had something bad or not noteworthy to say about it. That alone is promising, but what really intrigues me, is it's "malleability" and the fact that it lacks the body-load that many of the other phens have.

There isn't really anything bad to say about 2C-C, other than the economic issues some may have because you don't get as many dosages per gram compared to some of the more potent phenethylamines out there. It sure does feel good on the body. Not being a fan of stimulants, I love the non-stimulating action of 2C-C. It's not sedating for me, but 2C-C is just not stimulating in any way. At least at the dosages I've worked with. It's neutral if that makes any sense.

I guess a person intent on having an "earth shattering trip that fills him/her with the answers to all the questions" might be disappointed with a full dosage of 2C-C. But that is not what it is for, and there are other psychedelics more suited for that purpose. 2C-C is for adding a nice, gentle "sparkle" to a Sunday afternoon hike, or for making a concert a little more memorable while still being able to remember you are at a concert. And it's very nice for two partners to take it with the sole intention of enhancing the sexual experience. :)

That's all actually, they sounded alike, but I wasn't comparing the two chemicals; more the "character" of those trips in where you can direct it in whatever way you want..

Regardless of the one report in PIHKAL, I really can not consider 2C-T-7 a "malleable" psychedelic in any respect. At least not for me, but perhaps others will differ in that opinion. But then when I take 2C-T-7 it is usually a very rare/special occasion and the dosage tends to be a very large one. To be honest I only work with 2C-T-7 when I want to seriously "trip my balls off." I take amounts much higher than what I would actually need to get to a plus-three. Basically, 2C-T-7 is only for when I want to push beyond, whatever that means. And at that level, I have no control over the effects and can only sit back and experience the ride. Now it is not pushy like DPT, LSD, or even 2C-E, and I always have a "clear head" with it. But at high doses, 2C-T-7 still kicks my ass hard. But in a very good way.

I actually find low dosages of 2C-T-7 completely uninteresting and a waste of time; both from the point of view of the "looking for insights, introspection, and an extra depth to thought" camp, as well as the "I want to feel a cool buzz and see awsome visuals" camp. I actually got a discount and have a membership for both camps. ;) Anyway, for me the 2C-T-7 experience seems to "fall apart" at lower dosages. It produces the usual "PEA body buzz," and some color-enhancement. But nothing special.

For me, there seems to be this "window" with 2C-T-7 (plus MDMA and possibly 2C-T-2)...in which I have to take enough of the material to cross it, otherwise I will experience nothing but threshold effects that are not interesting. I guess the "magic" dose of 2C-T-7 will vary since some people have a full experience with 10mg, while others may need at least 30mg or more to get to a honest plus-three level. Of all the PEAs to make it "out of PIHKAL" and were tried by many outside of the Shulgin circle, 2C-T-7 definitely is the most erratic as far as dosage and effects. Some find 2C-T-7 to be a gem among gems, while others have less-than-spectacular trips from it.

Maybe it isn't the best drug ever created, but still..

No, 2C-C is not the best synthetic psychedelic as far as I am concerned. Nice, but not quite the best. But I'd say 2C-D, 2C-E, iprocin, LSD, and MDA are good contenders for that spot. I'd also add 2C-T-7 to that list based on what I get from a good dose. But because of the erratic action and negative effects many have reported, it can't be included. But for me personally, 2C-T-7 is the best there is. I believe only mescaline (which I am saving for much later in life) will ever touch it, or kick it out of the "that's my favorite" place.

I found both experiences with 35mg and 30mg to be very nice, and truthfully more than I expected. 30mg does seem to be just right. It has much more of a push to it than I expected. From reports I had read, I expected that I might just fall right asleep on it! It is more visual than I expected as well. My first experience (35mg) was one of the more visual PEA trips I've had.

It didn't change my life or anything, but I am looking forward to taking it backpacking with a friend in a couple weeks. Yay southern Utah!

tried 50mg today
was nice, but very very gentle
was just a bit high. no visuals, nothing going on in my head
... until after
fuck, when the light effects started to disappear, the headache came in. and it's still increasing (took them 14h ago and the headache started 5 hours ago)
it would be bearable if it didn't last so long!

^^ that doesn't sound good! Was that your first dose? I beat headaches with a supplement of magnesium and some codeine. I rarely have to do that with PEAs though. Codeine 30-60mg is brilliant for removing body load, I highly recomend to people have some on hand.

I don't deal well with stimulants, I usually don't respond to them well and I get really uncomfortable and anxious, so I'm investigating 2C-C as 2C-i was not my cup of tea.

So far, it's so versatile! This'd be a winner combined with either a light dose of a stimulant or enactogaten for an upbeat party combo, or with something sedating if thats the way you want to go.

I notice you are niether really high/munted/wasted/messy on this drug, those words don't seem to fit the effects.

I wonder if it's the swap of the chlorine vs iodine atom that makes all the difference in terms of body load and stimulation?

Last edited:
^^^^

Is taking an opiate for body load really removing body load or just masking symptoms?

Well...the last time I took 2c-c at 50mg I had a sharp throbing (i.e. vascular) headache on the left side of my head. Taking an opiate might have killed the pain but that doesn't mean its removing the problem. Opiates to me seem too easy a way of ignoring potentially serious problems in your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.