• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread

Holy_cow

Bluelighter
The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread!
IS6RJRl.gif
256px-Etaqualone.svg.png

Etaqualone (Aolan, Athinazone, Ethinazone) is an analogue of methaqualone which was developed in the 1960s and marketed mainly in France and some other European countries. It has sedative, hypnotic, muscle relaxant and central nervous system depressant properties, and was used for the treatment of insomnia.

The dosage and effects are reported to be similar to those of methaqualone, but shorter acting and slightly weaker.
Typical reports use between 50 and 500mg of etaqualone, depending on desired effects. Old pharmaceutical formulations of Ethinazone were 350mg tablets.
Etaqualone is thought to act in a similar way to barbiturates and benzodiazepam by increasing the sensitivity of GABA-A receptors. Recreational effects include euphoria, relaxation, increased sociability and sexuality, reduces short-term memory, and loss of coordination. Combination with other depressants has a potentiating effect and can cause overdose. Tolerance to benzodiazepines or alcohol will also reduce effects.

Ethaqualone can be present as a free base, insoluble in water but soluble in alcohol and nonpolar solvents, or as a water soluble hydrochloride salt which is about 85% as potent as the freebase by weight.

The most common ROA of ethaqualone is orally, but snorting the salt, and smoking the free base has also been reported.

Wikipedia

original post:
A Chinese manufacturer is offering Etaqualone ex stock. Does anyone know more about this Metaqualone analog beyond what wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etaqualone) has to say? How much is the dose? How are the effects?

[moved to Other Drugs and converted to a Big and Dandy thread by sekio, 2013/11/09]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much available besides the wikipedia page that you quoted and the Psychotropics one:
http://www.psychotropics.dk/molecul...38&Catalogtype=A&ChapterID=11&Thissortorder=1

The only indication of dosage I can see is that all Quinazolines/quinazolinones (Methaqualone, Chloroqualone, Mecloqualone, Diproqualone, etc....) were indicated between 150mg and 300mg orally.

It also seems to be extremely close to Methaqualone (Quaalude), closer than any other Quinazolinone:
2-methyl-3-(2-methylphenyl)-4-(3H)-quinazolinone (Methaqualone)
2-methyl-3-(2-ethylphenyl)-4-(3H)-quinazolinone (Ethaqualone)

---long time no posts... I'll come back for long one day, maybe in a few months---

Sure looks more interesting to me than the methylmethaqualone. I think I'll try this one out as soon as I get the chance. :D

jasoncrest said:
2-methyl-3-(2-methylphenyl)-4-(3H)-quinazolinone (Methaqualone)
2-methyl-3-(2-ethylphenyl)-4-(3H)-quinazolinone (Ethaqualone)
Sorry that I don't have much to say, but according to the structures, I would the dose/effects are oing to be very similar. Sorry, wish I knew more.

Holy_cow: If you find an article in a scientific journal that will reveal this information for you, PM me with the info and I will access it for you.

Yeah, I've tried it and took some notes. I hope they are readable soon. Fixing my trip report now. It pretty much felt like regular methaqualone to me just lasted shorter. Dosages were indeed about the same.

The Merck Index provides these references for Etaqualone (PubMed has no entry for this compound):

Literature References: Prepd by condensation of N-acetylanthranilic acid and 2-ethylaniline with POCl3: BE 615282 (1962 to P. Beiersdorf AG), C.A. 58, 13971ef (1963). Structure-activity studies: Parmar et al., J. Med. Chem. 12, 138 (1969).

I'm going to be trying some of this in the next 2 days or so.

Seeing as it's roughly the same potency as regular Methaqualone I'm gonna insufflate 200-250mg and see how that goes. Sound good?

Aeon Psyche, how's the report coming on? Even if it's not compiled completely yet, can you give just briefly notes on dosage and ingestion method?

Thanks.

Never snort a quarter gram of a substance someone sent you in the mail. Work up- for all you know they could have sent you 2C-B or some shit.

It's not 2C-B; completely different smell and texture, and it's a lot less fine. Plus I 100% trust the source.

But you're right, it is stupid of me to do that and I'm glad you mentioned it rather than just saying "Yeah, do it and tell us how it goes!" :) However, I know the person who sent it, and I also know someone who has personally told me that he has done the same thing with the same drug from the same company and had a great time.

I know you can never be 100% sure of anything really, but I'm 99.9% and that small amount of risk is worth it for me. I'm not being irresponsible, I'm just diving in at the deep end. I equate it to the same risk of dropping: you buy the same pills off the same guy every week, and it's always MDxx, until one day it's PMA and you don't know and it all goes downhill. It's that kind of risk - one that I feel comfortable taking. But thanks anyway :)

To davjac (I can't send PM's to you yet as I'm not Bluelighter status...whatever that means!)

But in answer to your question; yes, I did. Why? Did you/were you planning to?

I never got round to trying it tonight - too busy working. Will definitely do tomorrow though..

Looking forward to some reports on this, there seems to be conflicting advice on whether or not its active at all.

The etaqualone I took was great. Felt very close to real methaqualone and about a similar dosage too. Just lasted shorter than regular MQ if my memory serves me correctly. I like it so much I'll probably be getting more of this stuff soon before they make it illegal here or something. :D

I'll finish typing up my trip report today and post it but I'm quite positive I've combined it at that time. Keep that in mind. %)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ If you'd bothered to read the fucking BL user agreement, you'd see it's one of the main things that are utterly verboten

^ If you'd bothered to read the fucking BL user agreement, you'd see it's one of the main things that are utterly verboten

Sorry was to high on xanax, feel kinda bad lost $4500 at poker and fucked many more things up. I knew of the no source rule.

^ Its cool. The ADD rules have special clauses that not everybody knows about. For example, you can break the "no source" rule - even if you know about it - as long as you lost $4500 at the poker tables earlier. That makes you exempt. ;)