Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tell us about the bluelight you joined.

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
When I joined uhh (checks profile) at the end of June 2001, Bluelight was green rather than blue; Tarsarlan was awe inspiring as the king of social, bunny was still fluffy and blue and the biggest postwhore around. Plazma had a nickname that was considerably gayer than it is now and shock horror – he was plurry! :)

The “no more drugs until utopia thread” was the biggest farce ever; almost daily we watched Sydneysiders (including myself) climb on then fall off the wagon, the Melbourne people got mighty sick of all the utopia threads and started anti utopia threads, BT was already Drug Discussion god (and the man I sent my first ever trip report to), and oceanboy had just enlightened us with his explanation of raving.

Everything has changed so much since then but that’s not the point of this thread. I want to know what Bluelight was like when you joined, who are the people that stand out in your mind? Who was postwhoring social, did social even exist then? Who were you in awe of, what threads from that time really stand out in your memory? What was Bluelight like when you joined?

i remember i spent most of my time on Ecstacy Discussion and rarely ventured into social. i sometimes browsed through the Aus Drug Discussion too.

BT was one of the first Bluelighters i noticed, simply cos i was looking for information, and he had a lot of it.

the BL skin has changed once since i've been on, and i cant remember exactly what it was like, except that i was frustrated cos the site was down for a while.

i dont remember too many other bluelighters, my memory is quite shocking!

there was only one spgeddi, ahh those were the days. and i was like so intimidated.
the community was kinda snobby and established and the sign up rate was nowhere near what it is today. i think its easier for newbs to "get noticed" now... weve got intro threads and people who seem to actually endeavor to welcome people. having said that its always been a race to be first to say welcome to bluelight, hasnt it?... but did anyone really mean it.
tarsalan was still working on his afro, yep the bunny was blue, chem nights invented the bulberator and nanging was in its heyday... there was at least a dozen places in melb to score nangs back then, and thank god no one was posting sources... my secret depository is still stockin 'em.
tom(mr horse) was just starting out and serotone was the music man.
horsey's mum used to get mentionned alot too.
and then came this crazy cartoon that everyone loved called someone and bunny or sumthin!
i went to a meetup at swinburne college and met a couple of young people... twigs was there i think. but was it mr fluffy who didnt make it?
it seemed the whole board was about drugs esp E.
airwalk was a super regular and known for wearing orange, hows my memory going... not sure, maybe i'm making it all up.

^^^i joined to stalk this guy, he's never acknowledged me... virtually never posts anymore... but i got hooked in by all the crazy cool people i found.
hi eddi!

November 2001

Bluelight still had the green skin. I remember how angry we all got when it got changed to vB and this blue one, and claimed we'd never post again, blah blah blah. We were assured we'd get used to it and learn to love it, but we insisted we wouldn't. har.

I didn't post much though, really. I mostly lurked in Social, SLR and The Dark Side. I remember being terrified of Pleo, and trying to get in on just about every meetup that was organised - but everyone else did too. Melbourne events seemed to have pages and pages of meetups that actually eventuated. I remember meeting about a zillion bluelighters at Welcome 2002 - most of who haven't been heard from in months and months.

I remember lots of threads about Peach. Can't remember what about it, exactly.

Like I said though, I didn't post much. So I don't remember a lot about the board. Just being scared of Pleo.

May 2000

There was no Aus Social - just two Aus forums and from memory just two moderators, Johnboy and Anjele. It was a small commnity back then and easy to keep track of who was who.

Post whoring wasn't really all that common, but anyone with over a 1,000 points was seen as needing serious help hehe. All of our social like posts were bundled into the meetups forum, which after awhile started to get out of hand cause all the meetup threads kept getting pushed into obscurity. It was then that a movement headed by one "Tarsarlan" spouted, suggesting that we Aussie's have our own social forum. I remember how many people arked up and said no way, they wouldn't visit another forum - funny how many of them made Aus Social their second home later on ;) Bit like the syndrom that anna! described regarding the software change.

Some tall dude by the name of Big Trancer, on a steady diet of Will E Tell, joined the moderator team in drug discussion - he was a fountain of knowledge then and still is today :) Another intelligent and well written fella by the name of pinger provided us many hours of reading pleasure. His no bullshit approach among the sea of PLUR was inspiration to me later in my moderating days.

Threads such as the Mu(x)kE vs Piglet still remain in my mind to this day. Many posters from them days have moved on, some still lurk and a few of us are still here.

There's probably heaps more I can mention, but it escapes my memory for the time being.

oh geez..the first bluelight i remember is pretty hazy. Aus Social hadn't been born...just an Aus forum with a lots of rubbish being posted. I think it was Haste's idea to split social off from DD (or was it from Meetups?). And so it was born with Haste and Anjele as mods - I think. Bourbon adventures was the pisser of the day and Bass Junky was organising a meetup at Xsive DJ Battle IV (my first meetup).

Pleo was a noob posting stupid trivia threads and Plastikman was still masquerading around fighting with Bass Junky about the merits of Will E Tell.

Then came the first Pysentist rant against the muzzas and cokeheads at Welcome 2001 which caused a whole lot of agnst and laughter and the 'not another fucking spinback' phrase was born.

The Bluelight benefit gig out at Healesville was just around the corner and I chipped in 50 bux for the lighting. Komplex and AJ played Live and Decimal Dan / Pysentist DJed and I first met Haste (though he won't remember).

Small group of people who regularly posted - guidelines were not as tight in social cause there were not as many people. Bluelight itself was heaps smaller and more focused. Was it green? I thought it was more a boring white.

3 years now...fuck I'm getting old.

hmmmmmm

i dont remember much, first stumbled across the site thru pillreports, and fel in love with it straight away!!
never met a bluelighter!!
and hated it when it changed to this new skin, but now love it!!

felt very scared to post at first, now i post acorss all forums!!!

oh yeah, always thought this board was full of ravers, which has never been my thing!!

A good friend showed me bluelight at uni a few years ago and I started mainly poting in "words" and writting poetry and stories about how messed up i thought my life was then.... Was also at a time when I was starting to get into the drug scene and bluelight proved a valuable research and support tool with a great community.

nezo - believe it or not I actually do remember meeting you at the bluelight benefit party and if I remember correctly we were discussing the issue's bluelight was having with server overload!

And I only suggested and pushed for an Aussie Social to shut Tarsarlan up ;)

physchokittin, this is a great thread.

i think its something that alot of us ''oldschool'' have thought about many times. bluelight to me, something like drugs has become...a little bit passe. its something that i dont say with malice, contempt or even a little bit of resentment. its just that bluelight was more relevant to me when i joined than it does now.

like syntech i spent more time in ecstasy discussion or Aus DD than anywhere else. i suppose it was the education process about drugs, and the technicalitys about it.

never the less, i still its a wonderful source of information for old and new. pity the AUS FedPolice are monitoring us more now these days.

i dont really have that great of a memory of when i first started posting on bl...your memories of a forum are spooky people 8(

i remember 1st starting in pillreports when i first started taking pills and didn't find the forums for a few months (bl was the first forum i joined i think actually)

I do remember it was green and we had no avators

I think i first spent my time in xtc discussion aswell and then found the lounge and foud it to be very rude because i was a greenlighter and there seemed to be some initiation process about it :\

I have had spats of where i go back to that section...at the moment i regualry check it out

From there though they pointed me to the aussie social and then i moved to events i think

I don't really even look in the drug sections anymore and tend to post just in the people sections like slr, lounge, words, life, aussie social and events really :)

I remember joining with the sole purpose of stalking Shadow. And look how well that went!

I never went to that many meet ups so I'm probably the wrong person to be answering this topic...

Arrrh i first joined in Aug 2000 as "djcolen", then onto *DJC* then onto DJC* as you all see me today. I remember such names as Magoo, Peaking Duck, Hamlet, Shaddow, and Plastikman. Much fun was had, it seemed like everyone was part of one big happy family, as soppy as that sounds, it truely worked. I like many others originally started in Pillreports, and moved to Drug Discussion, and onto Meetups and then eventually Social. Moocho was the first BLer i met at an official Meetup in CBR. There used to only be about 3 people from CBR on BL, People such as Mr Giggles and Bubbles, look at em all now. The Brisvegas Crew was a lot louder than they are now, with the exception of Miss PK. :p I think i've seen 2 colour changes in my time....not too sure though. :)

haste said:
Threads such as the Mu(x)kE vs Piglet still remain in my mind to this day.

I too still love to read this thread, such a classic.

nezo said:
'not another fucking spinback' phrase was born.

I still use that to this day, hahaha!!! =D

DJC*

The bluelight I started in was full of PLUR. THere was a sydney crew and a melbourne crew. (they were the only crews I heard about).

Everyone met up in groups and cared about each other, looked after each other and seemed to have a wicked time.

Now people avoid people, get into each others business, dreams are lost, parties arent as fun, and excessive amounts of drugs are taken.

Well, I remember first posting in a thread in Aus Drug Discussion regarding a bunch of perth bluelighters getting busted. And laughing out loud at some of moochos comments in that thread.

Had my first meetup at a nye utopia and remember meeting hijinx and some other people. It was a few months after that that i went to a party in canberra in which in was introduced to what could be known as the bluelight scene. I had a great time :)

Since then, i've met some really cool people through bluelight but don't really give a shit about going to meetups or what not anymore. I still check bluelight everyday but it seems more out of habit than anything else. It's pretty rare that there is shit that interests me. I think primarily its because i shifted into the hip hop scene.

And, i was also in awe of big trancer and his deep pockets of knowledge delivered in manageable bite sized portions without being pretensious or anything of the like.

Adikkal

I had forgotten the old green look

I too was one of the many that stumbled upon Bluelight via Pillreports. Though I didn't register until July '01 I had been lurking since February, a fact i remember because due to the unfortunate passing of Ryan Haight. I was amazed at the sense of community that arose when Bluelight lost one of its own. I stayed pretty much to the OD forum where I idolised PhreeX, Blah Blah Blah and Soviet Contin. There were a lot less people and I am pretty sure that we had yet to be portrayed negatively in the media so there were fewer regulations. Everyone was a lot crueler to Greenlighters back then and they certainly would have not had their own forum to simply introduce themselves ;) OD, Psychedelic and Drug Basics were covered together under the OD banner, there was no SLR and the Lounge was simply Social. There has also been a change in the message icons...where are the boobies and tacos?

Last edited:
Titties.gif
=D

*bubble-fish* said:
I remember joining with the sole purpose of stalking Shadow.

LOL! I think Pleo joined with the same thing in mind... *Looks around for Pleo* Didn't ya mate! ;)