• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tell us about the bluelight you joined.

I registered in March 2000, having lurked around BL for a few months leading up to New Year 1999/2000. Some of the things I remember are…

• A Bluelight with less than 1000 members.
  • A Bluelight with no Australian forums.
  • All times were GMT… or MDMA.. XTC.. GST.. 3AM Eternal…
  • Any post that wasn’t a pillreport, like meetup threads, had to have “(Not A Pill Report)” in the title… then for a while we had an automated system which created a locked thread in Drug Discussion every time a report was posted on Pillreports.com, containing all the details.
  • Binkies were stupid... and proof that an international flame war can start over anything.
  • BL Meetups were fairly paranoid/discreet, occurring somewhere around the first-aid tent at big parties under a computer printed BL logo that had been blu-tacked to the wall… nobody could ever agree on what time to meet there, or manage to turn up at said time, though there were a few very large meetups which seemingly happened by accident…
  • EZ-test was available in some places, but they were very small test kits, with tiny 3mL plastic tubes containing reagent that was usually so out of date due to sitting on the shelf that the reagent had turned a dark brown colour. It was very difficult to test pills reliably with these expired testers, but it was better than nothing.
  • GHB kits were legal, and could be purchased online (although not through BL).
  • Interstate BL conferences at Spleen bar.
  • People described the effects of MDMA as “loved-up”, and if they had a bad night it was usually blamed on ‘MDEA’ in the pills…
  • PLUR and plugging... if it works for you, dance like nobody's watching.
  • Research chemicals (besides I think 2C-B and a couple of others) were “legal”, and mostly unmentioned of outside of Erowid, and the most dedicated psychonaut circles.
  • Salvia was legal.
  • Server problems ate random threads and caused general havoc as the BL userbase expanded (seems to be a familiar theme).
  • The words “¿¿¿¿” and “peru” were auto-censored (they may still be!). At the time these were the only banned words; now there are many URLs which are also auto-censored in line with the BL Guidelines. These words were banned due to an increase in internet paranoia (people calling each other narcs) and one weird poster from Peru who kept logging in offering to exchange “cocaina” for “xtc”.
  • Ultra Bluelighters and Arch Pill Monsters.
BL's much different now, but I like to think the message is still the same underneath it all... you've just gotta look harder to find it now ;)

BigTrancer :)

when i join BL, it was the begining of the end of the millenium bluelighter era, the whole community vibe that people above have been talking about above seemed to be disintegrating. Seemed to me like alot of big names had passed into anonymitiy, it was definately a time of transition. However, what struck me was that this board was certainly populated by characters, people with distinct personalities- many of them humourous, some of them just downright weird. It was like a soapie, you could log in each day and see the cyber relationships of these funny s.o.bs unfold and laugh at the most ridiculous shit these guys were spining to each other. Sure, it was cliquey and as a greenlighter it was alot harder to be accepted- but the place had a certain sense of soul. It was also an incredible source of knowledge about drugs and responsible use thereof- and still is. I joined through pillreports and found a zany bunch drug fucked children, who no matter how much they flamed you, still bothered to share the benefits of their accumulated experience and knowledge, such that you could go into a new drug experience with a certain amount of confidence that you wouldn't die- that the harms associated would be reduced. However, BL now feels more sanitised, not so many of those characters post anymore, and those that do seem less inclined to speak there mind. That is not to say that during my 2 years here some real characters haven't emerged. All in all the place has changed but it's still interesting enough to keep having a look and i owe a great debt to what this site has taught and continues to teach me not only about drug use but also the people who use them.

2 years on........ still not using paragraphs, some things change and some do not.

It was fucking already jaded when i joined and look! nothing has changed, cept for a wave of noobies like i once was

people put up with me, guess i should do the same :)

when i joined there was only Aus drug discussion (posting under another assumed name, hehe JB knows :p ), post counts didnt matter, everyone had respect for fellow posters.
Bluelight was very Green (at least i think it was), Johnboy hated Techno and made a point to post his love for hip hop.
DJC was known as DJ colen (why i'll never know) DJC later to become DJC*

Btw DJC, who are all these new ppl?
:)

Seems to be less of a focus on harm minimisation now, and more on partying and drug related issues.

Meetups were common place, and would happen every party, no they rarely happen.

The community was much smaller.

95% of the bluelighters have been replaced by new ones, it seems the average shelf life of a member is 1.5years, after that they disappear. Of seen this happen again and again.

When I joined BL, Brad was the post-whore king of my world. Nothing's changed.
=D

well, when i joined i was really only reading drug basics, ecstasy discussion and the lounge (plus a little of slr). gentleman loser, amazon bee, typerlotus and computer collector :)p) are probably the people i remember most, and not much has changed, except for the fact that rick somehow became a moderator...and then me too!

what i first recall from aus. social is kitty - she's been the main contributor to here for as long as i can remember, and that's mostly what i remember.

of course, bigtrancer was still king of drug discussion, on the occasion that i ventured in there, so nothing's changed there either.

though bluelight seems to be continually spreading its wings, i don't think the core message has changed much at all, in fact in some ways i actually think that it's getting stronger. i still prefer the old (aqua/turquoise coloured) lay out, but apart from that, the site's just gotten better!

- Blufluffybunny was making one out of every two posts in Aus Social.

- I thought all BLers must have been from Melbourne because they seemed to dominate discussion.

- To the outsider, everyone seemed to know each other and it felt like a board that was made for a small group of friends. However, people back then seemed genuinely witty and SO good with the one liners that I loved reading all the threads anyway.

- Tarsalan was the Social god and I had a lot of respect for his comments and the way he ran things.

- Miss Apple ruled the singles thread [even though half the bluelight men flirted with her in said thread].

- I remember a random story about the stealing of traffic cones [which I later found out involved Mirage, apollo, Kitty and lil' leecie] and thought that bluelighters seemed like fun people.

- I was fascinated by the anomaly that was the 'bulberator'.

Last edited:
aawww.. .this is getting me all nostalgic....

well, it's over 3 years now for me... fuck how time flies when you are off your face.. err.. i mean having fun... ;)

i joined a weird little website, populated by people who seemed to be so into raving etc etc...

i got the guts up to dump my friends at an event and go along to a meetup, where i met some great people who i have remained friends with to this day...

i remember the godlike awe i felt when meeting moderators... they seemed so wise and knowledgeable... ;)

ah.. how everything has changed, and yet, it's all still the same...... :)

I was a bluelight/pillreports "sponge" for a looong time. Blame it on paranoia. Shit hit the fan in Perth once upon a time which i'm sure a lot of you will remember. But there were glorious days when everyone would have blue glowstix and blue balloons at a few of the parties and i met some great people.
To be honest bluelight for me and a lot of my friends was just a research tool way back when rather than a social/information exchange forum. Everyone knew about it, no-one posted on it. Crap huh?
I've only recently actually started putting my few cent's worth into some of the discussions. Hmm maybe i have too much time on my hands at work?!

But yeah it's come a long way from when it seemed to me to just be a strange little collection of people that somehow found each other on the net, who it seemed where solely focused on E and how to do it best (my perspective at the time - it's very different now).

i just signed up in march to post on the forums, but i have been coming to bluelight since it had the green color scheme, and i think it was bluelight.com or bluelight.net. there was no pillreports.com website yet, and all i did was research tabs. i don't remember when that was... 2001? anybody?

i remember first comin to bluelight when jakoz sent me the link a cple of times, wasnt really interested then...that was in later 2001
recently i joined cuz i felt that this community seems appropriate for what ive been searchin for - pple wit cynical, rebellious minds, n pple who arent afraid to take drugs - seems like we're on the same wavelength..

neways take kare youse all, i'll catchas around.
bloodhunt.

The BL I joined has long gone, but the place it's changed into isn't bad, it's just different. :)

I started lurking here around Feb 2000 and found some good info on MDMA and other drugs in the forums. After about 6 months or so I joined up, and well everything changed from there. ;) I met some people @ a bushdoof, and well things just progressed from there.

Back then....
*No Aus Social! Instead we invaded the Aus events forum with our ramblings.
*I was a lot more immature..... what the hell was I thinking back then?!!!
*People with a lot more open with their drug usage
*People like Pleo and Haste got excited about parties. ;)
*Tarsy got all excited about the prospect of an Aus Social forum, and set out to get it!
*There were lots and lots of NRG hate threads :p. Also a lot of discussion about Will E Tell. There were lots of *fake* alias' created. Those that come to mind are WillETell, Millsy, Oakenfold. There are lots more.
*A shitload of meetups happened, actually it seemed there was some sort of meetup every week. :p
*BBQ's in the park @ Sth Yarra. :)
*Sunny or as it was formerly known as, Sunnysideup!
*There were the Techno lovers :), and there were also the NRG freaks :p.
*The Munke v's Hamlet thread.

Now almost 4 years later things have changed significantly over time. Lots and lots of people have come and go. There has been lots of friendships formed, lots of people have become enemies too, just one of those things I guess. As for me? Well I'd probably be doing something a hell of a lot different right now. Can't say that I'd be better off not having made the friends that I've met from here though. :)

lmao eddi, you rock.

and BT, dem sum nice mamories *cough* memories.

I remember weary dunlop.

I remember spleen & jb's. *sings to sel* "where everybody knows your name"

I remember Ashke & Loupy & Phreex & Spence etc... when the board was more global (in the sense that we all talked)

I remember getting into fights with people I didn't know. Being mod and not knowing how to do it :p

I remember that "pro-centre" or whatever it was thread. Funniest thread ever.

And I remember meeting bluelighters all over Europe which was especially cool, ESPECIALLY partying with miss apples in London, broadway style. No doubt I lost years off my life over those 2 days :D

So many friends... lots I still keep in touch with, most unfortunately I don't.

But as Homer says... sun rise, sun set :)

Last edited: