• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids tapentadol mixed with subutex

mike.vick

Bluelighter
I just got two 100mg tapentadol and from what I read in the past 5 minutes, they are dysphoric, is this true.

Not a good mix with bupe? What about Bupe and a gram of kratom?

I know tram is okay to go with bupe. What about tapendetol - I don;t like that I read it raises norepenephrine levels up to 600-700% of baseline though, as I hate NE

bupe will block any opiate effects of the tapentadol.
are you using the bupe to get high???

oh yeah that's right you are. hah. well you'll only feel the reuptake inhibition effects of tapentadol, no opiate effects

^^^^ NO, I am using bupe cause I am not using heroin. You cant get high off the bupe, it only binds 27% of your mu opiate receptors. And I been on H for about 8 months str8.I heard kratom sneaks through the bupe maybe. not Tapent.?

What exactly is your question now?
Tapentadol has a lower affinity for the mu-opioid receptor so it won't get you high if you take 8mg of bupe, maybe some will get through if you're on less than 1-2mg of bupe. But tapentadol is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, this shouldn't be inhibited by bupe.
As for the kratom, I've heard that'll get you high, even if you take bupe, so try it :)

come on people, now
Honestly man it comes down to personal opinion and experience. Everyones different. For the most part, ive mostly read people like it, a lot. And heard several times its pretty euphoric and strong depending on tolerance. I actually just got 8 free 100MG cucyntas, which is tapentadol. Ive yet to take any though since its 3:30AM where im from, and dont want to waste.

You cant get high off the bupe, it only binds 27% of your mu opiate receptors.

Pardon me but this is just plain wrong. You can get very high on Bupe if you have no tolerance and no prior history with potent opis like H, Oxy or so.
In your case of course it won't get you high because of your tolerance but generally speaking it is very recreational for non tolerant individuals.

Regarding your question: I have taken Tapentadol while being on a low Bupe dose (0,5-1mg) and it didn't do much. So just keep them for a day when you got nothing else.

^^^^ NO, I am using bupe cause I am not using heroin. You cant get high off the bupe, it only binds 27% of your mu opiate receptors. And I been on H for about 8 months str8.I heard kratom sneaks through the bupe maybe. not Tapent.?

my apologies ...I would have sworn I read a post of yours in which you claimed you were taking enough bupe to feel euphoria, but then the euphoria no longer persisted after a while, but you were still getting a good nod. for some reason I equated euphoria + nodding w/ "high" but clearly that must not be right ...or maybe that wasn't you. sorry either way.

my apologies ...I would have sworn I read a post of yours in which you claimed you were taking enough bupe to feel euphoria, but then the euphoria no longer persisted after a while, but you were still getting a good nod. for some reason I equated euphoria + nodding w/ "high" but clearly that must not be right ...or maybe that wasn't you. sorry either way.

No, that was me. I wrote that on the first day I did too much bupe trying to chase a half-high I got for about 45min and havent gotten since from bupe. Also, I was nodding and having weird dreams whenever I would sit down - but absolutely no euphoria

Last edited:
Pardon me but this is just plain wrong. You can get very high on Bupe if you have no tolerance and no prior history with potent opis like H, Oxy or so.
In your case of course it won't get you high because of your tolerance but generally speaking it is very recreational for non tolerant individuals..
Yes, an opiate niave person could get opiate effects from bupe, but they are limited to it's capability of binding of only ~27% of your mu receptors
I do not find it recreational at all, and I don't see how it would be for non-tolerent people - In fact, it should be sold for pain in 0.05mg pills, behind the counter w/o prescription, with monthly limits limits like sudafed. This would be equal to ~2mg of morphine per pill. And I think it is non=addicting or recreational at all. It is less recreational than lopermide for me (not at all).

This would actually be much safer, effectiv, and inexpensive than selling codiene OTC by far.

Yes, an opiate niave person could get opiate effects from bupe, but they are limited to it's capability of binding of only ~27% of your mu receptors

Where did you get that number from?
That's bullshit, buprenorphine has a very high affinity for the mu-opioid receptors, so it'll bind to all your receptors, but being a partial agonist it has a low intrinsic activity meaning it won't activate the receptors as much as a full agonist. Because of that bupe seems to have a ceiling effect for respiratory depression and most people say that anything above 16-32mg won't get you any higher.

^^^ yeah, I remember that number from reading, but I read so much it is probably confabulated. Maybe I saw 27% intrinsic activity. I just read something that said it occupies ~40% of your mu-receptors at 2mg and 96-99% at 16 mg. So yeah, I guess that one was confabulated.

Mike: Bupre is prescribed as a painkiller under the name Temgesic as 0,2 and 0,4mg pills.

I can't share your opinion because I find Bupre highly recreational and addicting. I even like it more then some other more sedating full agonists but tastes are different I guess.
But you can bet that basically every naive individual would experience a very strong euphoric and long lasting turn from only 0,2mg of Buprenorphine. It was how I started to get really into Opies and I know a lot of other people who never did H etc but love low dose Subs from time to time.

In my experience buprenorphine at anything over 8-10mg doesn't have any added mu opioid effect and often it becomes uncomfortable when the dose is too high.

In my experience buprenorphine at anything over 8-10mg doesn't have any added mu opioid effect and often it becomes uncomfortable when the dose is too high.
Sorry for off topic, but do you feel uncomfortable right after dosing too much, or does it take some time?

From Wikipedia, sorry but I'm too lazy to search for a better source
Full analgesic efficacy of buprenorphine requires both exon 11- and exon 1-associated μ-opioid receptor splice variants
So I guess that should answer the question as to why some people get full relief and some just partial relief of pain etc

Sorry for off topic, but do you feel uncomfortable right after dosing too much, or does it take some time?

I experienced this a lot too, there was a weird feeling of being overly medicated, yet not feeling high. Hard to describe, other then to say certain dosages are just overkill.

I think 7-HM which is an alkaloid in kratom has a binding affinity which is still not to par with Bupe but high enough that at certain dosages it can compete. That's the only way I can explain how I can still feel kratom on top of suboxone, at least at dosages around 3-4mg (haven't tried any higher). I imagine if one found tramadol recreational with buprenorphine, one would find tapentadol even better, because isn't it basically a boosted version of tramadol in terms of mechanism of action?

I experienced this a lot too, there was a weird feeling of being overly medicated, yet not feeling high. Hard to describe, other then to say certain dosages are just overkill.

I think 7-HM which is an alkaloid in kratom has a binding affinity which is still not to par with Bupe but high enough that at certain dosages it can compete. That's the only way I can explain how I can still feel kratom on top of suboxone, at least at dosages around 3-4mg (haven't tried any higher). I imagine if one found tramadol recreational with buprenorphine, one would find tapentadol even better, because isn't it basically a boosted version of tramadol in terms of mechanism of action?

Interesting, I'd contribute that to bupe binding to kappa and delta opioid receptors, but I need to look into that again

Well, tramadol is a weak mu-opioid receptor agonist and a SSRI while tapentadol has a higher affinity for the mu-opioid receptor but is a SNRI instead of SSRI

I hate tramadol. I took 100mg this mornin of tap and hated it. Thank god the short half life. It has a 27% bioavailability so I think more for absorbed by my gut cause I vomited and felt like shit.