• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Talwin NX

yekim

Greenlighter
I've recently ran into these, I'm curious as to what they compare to?
I've taken a few before, they seemed fairly strong (to someone with no opie tolerance).

40mg= 10mg of morphine ( some sites state 38mg but I don't like wikipedia)

I did 2x 50mg pills (I believe), so it only compares to about 20mg of morphine?
Two of them seemed to be fairly strong for me, I laid in my bed and felt like I was floating.. I know they're an opiod antagonist, but that's really all I know.

Talwin used to be a popular drug to shoot up, that was until they added the Naloxene, I don't know if it can be abused any other way or if its even worth it

I did 2x 50mg pills (I believe), so it only compares to about 20mg of morphine?
Two of them seemed to be fairly strong for me, I laid in my bed and felt like I was floating.. I know they're an opiod antagonist, but that's really all I know.

Opioid AGONISTS.....agonist my friend. Antagonists entail something far far worse when IV'd.

Ah, thank you for correcting me. :p
Does anyone still do this stuff? Is it worth it to do it? The one and only time I did it I just got nauseous and had to lay down, that's when I felt "floaty" I suppose.
Would anyone say these compare at all to OC or Morphine?

I haven't done it, but reading a bit about it I'd say that while some of the effects may be comparable to OC or morphine, there is a whole host of other potential effects like hallucinations and cardiac effects due to kappa and sigma opioid receoptor binding that don't occur in your typica opioid. This sounds like one to steer clear of, it just seems to have the potential to be wacky in a bad way, IMO.

Dosage comparison / equivalency charts are only good at showing you how much one opioid more or less compares to another mg for mg when it comes to analgesia.

Pentazocine (Talwin) is a weak analgesic, though that doesn't mean much when you are using it to get high rather than kill pain. Equivalency charts are meaningless for the purpose of judging a dose to get off.

It is a partial agonist. At high doses the side effects that could take affect you are pretty unpleasant. Other than that the subjective effects will be similar to other partial-agonists (Butorphanol, Nalbuphine)- fairly stimulating, similar warmth/euphoria as Morphine.

When Talwin was popular in the 1970s, it seems that it was usually combined with the antihistamine tripelennamine, which supposedly makes it more euphoric.

That is a horrible opiate..make shur someone who is addicted to opiates does NOT take it..or they will be thrown into W/D

Talwin without the naloxone is a mixed agonist-antagonist so if your addicted to a full agonist like say morphine or heroin you will be thrown into withdrawal. Talwin in canada only contains pure pentazocine but it's still very rarely used since it seems to be a shitty opioid and the effects arent pleasant at all for alot of people.

It's a very rare find from what i know but oddly enough the one person who i know that actually tried it loved it. She does not have a opioid tolerance at all however and apparently women react better to opioids that act on the kappa receptor then men do. She liked it almost as much as oxy except she found it way more confusing and spacey.

If i wasent dependant on opiates i would try talwin (preferably with only pentazocine in it) just to say ive tried it if for nothing else. But i wouldnt expect a great or pleasurable experience from it all the same.

I tried it quite a few years ago when my friend was prescribed it after getting his wisdom teeth out. We both took 5 of them, and we both got a fairly strong high off of it. Granted, this was before I had a real tolerance to opiates. If I remember correctly, it felt similar to a strong dose of codeine.

ah...

I tried it quite a few years ago when my friend was prescribed it after getting his wisdom teeth out. We both took 5 of them, and we both got a fairly strong high off of it. Granted, this was before I had a real tolerance to opiates. If I remember correctly, it felt similar to a strong dose of codeine.

Before Talwin NX, there was Talwin. combined with a now uncommonly prescribed antihistamine really enhanced the effects. Then, wiser minds added naloxone to prevent injection. My problem with pentazocine is its cardio toxicity. Not to mention if you are into real opiods....

could this be used similar to bupe though,like if you were 2 days into morphine w/d and shot it,would it help?
I'm talkin about Canadian Talwin,without Naloxone .(Since our Government doesn't seem to have such a Nazi like mentality,and doesn't beleive in deliberately harming Drug addicts because of their lifstyle choice.)

When Talwin was popular in the 1970s, it seems that it was usually combined with the antihistamine tripelennamine, which supposedly makes it more euphoric.

I remember that combination. Back in the early 70s, we called it "Tees and Blues."

Essentially, Tees and Blues was two Talwin tablets combined with two blue antihistamine tablets. You could either just take them orally, or crush them and inject them.

The effect was a bit like really low-grade heroin. Most people would only choose to do them when there was absolutely nothing else around.

I was prescibed it by a doctor along with methadone. I'm fairly sure the doctor didn't know what it was, unless he was trying to play a very cruel joke on me. I finally tried some the day after I ran out of methadone (not in full on wd's but not feeling great) and it sent my into some of the worst wd's I've ever experienced. IMO, drug induced wd's are far far worse than natural wd's. If you have any kind of opiod dependence, Talwin is the devil!

I was prescibed it by a doctor along with methadone. I'm fairly sure the doctor didn't know what it was, unless he was trying to play a very cruel joke on me. I finally tried some the day after I ran out of methadone (not in full on wd's but not feeling great) and it sent my into some of the worst wd's I've ever experienced. IMO, drug induced wd's are far far worse than natural wd's. If you have any kind of opiod dependence, Talwin is the devil!

Any opioid dependant or addicted person can take Pentazocine (Talwin), provided they wait until the full agonist they are dependant or addicted to is more or less out of their system, and are experiencing mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms.

With long half-life full agonists like Methadone, you have to wait 3 - 5 full days without any Methadone before you can safely take a partial-agonist. Taking Methadone everyday results in a buildup; if a non-dependant person were to take a single dose of Methadone, they wouldn't pass a UA for 3 or 4 days. An MMT patient would have to go 6 - 9 days without a dose of Methadone to pass a UA.

This is why it is standard procedure to taper MMT patients down to at least 30mg (or ideally less) a day, then having them go 3 days without a dose, before transferring them to Buprenorphine.