• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

tackling the big issues.... why do poor people have more kids??

rm1x said:
Remember you said that next time you use a public hospital if you are in an accident Preacha.
Why should we pay for your mistake?

I really can't fathom how cold alot of you bluelighters are, you have truely come from backgrounds that you have never done without, and by the sound of it, never made mistakes in your life.

I am personally disgusted by some of the comments on here, and I personally won't be making an effort to speak to certain people after learning their true colours.

ignorance is well and plentiful , it's not as if most of the posters in this thread ever leech money off the government.

ha ha!

If I qualified in some obscuse way, I would!!!!

But, alas, I don't

Everyone, EVERYONE, will receive some form of assistance, either physical, psychological or financial at some point in their lives. Every.single.person. To think otherwise is naive.

I don't have a problem with my tax dollars supporting single mothers, given that most single parents are MOTHERS, that is, women. And yes, this is a gender issue. God knows if more men stayed home and looked after children it would be seen as a worthy occupation. And where are some of the fathers of children from single parent families hey? The main issue of single parent families is that they are alone and attempting to do what most couples find incredibly difficult - to raise a child.

The public hospital comment was spot on. Most of my friends earn in the vicinity of $50,000 plus and don't have private health insurance so will be utilising the public hospital system when they clearly don't need it, in some cases from lifestyle related illnesses which could have been prevented.

Come on now.

In relation to the original question - I think people from blue collar/lower socioeconomic familes have more traditional values regarding families and having children. Another possibility is that people who are more educated (whatever background they come from) might feel they have more to lose if they take time off to have children.

Sunflower: how about you read the news before you go off making such bold statements! You should perhaps realise that many men in single parent situations are far worse off for emotional support than many people think.

Solitary confinement

Also Sunflower: on the point of assistance, are you talking assistance from the government? I know PLENTY of people (not necessarily from particularly wealthy families) who have put themselves from uni without any government assistance (Unless you are talking about HECS/Feehelp, which if you want to take away that to make a point of them, how about you just say you are a MAJOR supporter of the BUSH/Howard government).

I think people are worthy of assistance to support a child, but they should be encouraged to further their education as kandyraverchick has said. Sure this is going to take some expenditure from the government but at least it builds a more intelligent society. If people refuse to take the education on board, the should be forced to watch films based on the economy of having further children vs. the fucked up impoverished life that they will force onto the children and the future social issues that will arise from that.

We live in a world where we are supporting the weakest links in our evolutionary cycle, they are making up the greater part of the population eventually. That is the reverse of evolution.

I didn't notice preacha's post because it was deleted (personally if it's about me i would request the coutesy to actually read it if that's not too much to ask?) but saw it quoted in 1234's post - so thanks for that wether that was done on purpose or not ...

to preacha all i want to say is - you don't know me, and if you were half the man that my son is in strength and character you would be a lucky man.

don't judge what you don't/can't see

ps - wow and people say i'm emotional and think peole are attacking me... i'm paranoid ? yeah ok...

I'm not fighting in this thread, i've let my 'passions' out online and it gets messy.

actually... you know what... i will answer the question (i wasn't going to bite because that's what he wants me to do but i have to answer)

no i do not want praise and have never wanted praise for grtting knocked up (that redneck language enough for you?) When did i ever imply that? If you remember my post about snobbery i said i was ashamed of my circumstances which made me feel like i was started to be elitist.... did you not read anything i said? or just made a sweeping statement about the little facts you know me so well from?

ahh fuck it, i don't need to defend myself, not to you anyway...

Munchee said:
Sunflower: how about you read the news before you go off making such bold statements! You should perhaps realise that many men in single parent situations are far worse off for emotional support than many people think.

Solitary confinement

Also Sunflower: on the point of assistance, are you talking assistance from the government? I know PLENTY of people (not necessarily from particularly wealthy families) who have put themselves from uni without any government assistance (Unless you are talking about HECS/Feehelp, which if you want to take away that to make a point of them, how about you just say you are a MAJOR supporter of the BUSH/Howard government).

I didn't say men weren't single parents or didn't need assistance at all! I said most single parents were mothers. And most of the time, mothers stay home with their children. This wasn't a criticism of fathers, merely of people who state that we shouldn't be supporting single mothers. Ok?

Also, my point was that most people need some type of assistance at some point in their lives so there's no point in anyone pointing the finger at anyone. What with accusing me of being a MAJOR supporter of Bush/Howard? How about you discuss this with me first before posting something that has absolutely no truth? Jesus. I wasn't criticising anyone for needing assistance, merely pointing out that we will all need it at some time in the future. For instance, if we're a patient in the public hospital system, if we get sick, if we are injured at work, when we become old.

I myself put myself through uni, using HECS (which I'm still paying off), did NOT vote for John Howard and I support anyone who needs assistance, providing its genuine and that people help themselves eventually.

You couldn't be more wrong about me. I really wish I hadn't bothered to post something which meant something to me when I haven't bothered posting anything to Bluelight for ages.

Thanks.

Sunflower: I'm sorry that I appears that I came down hard on you, but the second you posted that this was a gender issue, I felt that the single fathers out there needed some support in the arguement. To be precise, you did state:
And yes, this is a gender issue. God knows if more men stayed home and looked after children it would be seen as a worthy occupation. And where are some of the fathers of children from single parent families hey?

The way you stated your arguement only further alienates single fathers and from the article I posted, you may note that these guys are possibly the ones that could use some support the most.

As for the assistance from the government. I forgot to state in my arguement that I know plenty of families who need no help from the government and anything they did get would be more than covered by the huge amount of taxes they pay (Yes I'm talking about families with annual incomes probably over a million a year). These people have private health cover and can afford to pay for uni outright if necessary. So yes they're rich fucks, but hell, they should get a say in this.

Anyway this is getting slightly off topic.