• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney security fatally shoots robber. Justified or not?

Naughtiest_Maximus

Bluelighter
Sydney security gaurd fatally shoots robber. Justified or not?

After being brutally bashed,Sydney security gaurd shoots would be robber dead while attempting a get-away in a stolen car.

Link to Sydney Morning Herald Article

I'd just like to know if you think her actions were justified. Will she have a case to answer in the courts, or do you think that she was within her rights to shoot under the circumstances?

I have been talking to a few people and it seems opinions range from"Good on her" to " She is going to be in some serious trouble" . In my opinion i think she did the wrong thing, and i wonder at the training security guards have with regards to the use of the firearms they carry. He was in his car and posed no more threat to her immediate saftey. Is protecting someone else's money worth a human life?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

justified, fuck yeah.

sure, she will get in some serious trouble for this as the robber posed no threat and the killing was not committed in self-defense.

but let's look at this on the grand scheme of things. woman trying to do job, guy beats woman up maliciously for selfish reasons, woman shoots guy in revenge.

in my opinion, this is just known as chlorinating the gene pool. let's remove these people.

plus i'm totally against women being bashed. preacha is on the side of the ladies :D

Re: Sydney security gaurd fatally shoots robber. Justified or not?

Naughtiest_Maximus said:
In my opinion i think she did the wrong thing, and i wonder at the training security guards have with regards to the use of the firearms they carry.

these are my thoughts exactly...she shot him at close to point blank after he had calmly left the scene; something tells me that security guards would (or should) be taught to fire only under circumstances where there is a risk of someone being hurt/killed.

surely it would have been better for all involved if she'd simply left the theif to go on his way. also, it appears to me that she "shot to kill" rather than to impede his getaway.

my head is still slightly scattered but what i am trying to say is... i think she did wrong.

This is not justified. It's murder. However if she shot him during the fight, it would be justified.

She was just pissed off she got bashed. Security guards shouldn't lose their head like this, I hope she gets what's coming to her. I used to be a secca and there's noway i'd walk up and shoot someone while their trying to getaway in their car, especially if he wasn't armed with a gun. Sadly she let her pride get in the way..

guard_wideweb__430x258.jpg

On the other hand, I'm no expert, but she did take quite a beating with those knuckle dusters. I wouldn't be suprised if she got let off for some medical reason claiming she didn't know what she was doing at the time.

Christian Soldier said:
This is not justified. It's murder. However if she shot him during the fight, it would be justified.

She was just pissed off she got bashed. Security guards shouldn't lose their head like this......On the other hand, I'm no expert, but she did take quite a beating with those knuckle dusters. I wouldn't be suprised if she got let off for some medical reason claiming she didn't know what she was doing at the time.

This is pretty much what I was thinking too, but until the court trial is held and a verdict comes, I won't make any definites. Unfortunately, the media seem to be portraying the shooter in a rather negative light, which from their perspective is understandable, but I wish the facts would just come as is rather than all this fucking bias.

i have zero sympathy for the guy, but i also think the security guard should get in trouble.

^^ When you wear a uniform.

At least it seems to be that way. That said, sporting uniforms usually dont carry the same ability to justify murder - just clarifying for all those contemplating topping off someone in their footy outfit

Adikkal

Well this security guard was definately not in that situation, so what makes her actions justified? Nothing whatsoever. She got punched in the head, big deal. It happens everyday.

Adikkal said:
^^ When you wear a uniform.

At least it seems to be that way. That said, sporting uniforms usually dont carry the same ability to justify murder - just clarifying for all those contemplating topping off someone in their footy outfit

Adikkal

lol :D

Last edited:
Christian Soldier said:
This is not justified. It's murder. However if she shot him during the fight, it would be justified. On the other hand, I'm no expert, but she did take quite a beating with those knuckle dusters. I wouldn't be suprised if she got let off for some medical reason claiming she didn't know what she was doing at the time.

i don't think it can be justified in either scenario but certainly understandable if she shot him during the fight. i also agree that the 'state of mind' issue will be a major factor in determining whether the guard has a case to answer for.

this incident comes at a time when security firms have been pushing for integration within the police force. i am sure it's the last thing they wanted after claiming to have cleaned up the industry via improved background checks and training.

glock burst to the head. Cts win.

Play with fire. Expect to get burned.

Christian Soldier said:
well that's the law

true, true.

i am no expert on the subject but i was under the impression that if someone is attacking you, the law allows you to defend yourself by using a weapon as long as the weapon is not more than one step up the order.

for example... a) fist -> knife. b) knife -> gun.

then again, if you are licensed to carry a firearm for your profession, you are probably allowed to use it against a water pistol. ;)

law students ?

Last edited: