• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Super Size Me and Obesity in Australia

^ To blame the whole problem on Maccas is an exaggeration - The greater problem lies in modern society. But to dismiss claims that corporations are not a large part of the problem as a crock of shit is, wrong.

Hey, maybe noone is physically stuffing food down your throat but noone is making it easier to avoid the temptation either.

And I'm quite sure the CEO's of these companies are laughing their arses off in the board meetings they got to in their 400 000 dollar cars. Take Dominoes Pizza's last innovation, called the Double Decadence:

Tell me there wasn't some fat cats snickering when their marketing department came up with that name -

Decadence: The act or process of falling into an inferior condition or state esp. moral; decay; deterioration.

I'm sure the on the surface part of the advertising campaign is referring to moral decadence, as in - It is a sin to eat something that tastes this good.

But the underlying joke of physical decadence can't be overlooked, as in - Our product is going to seriously fuck your body up. You can almost feel the cholesterol coming to a rest in your arterial vessels.

Fat Cat 1: Hahaha! We are telling them our product is bad for them, but some faked pictures showing incredibly tasty and irresistable images and they still eat it.

All Fat Cats: (Chorus) Hahahaha

Fat Cat 3: Driver, bring the limo and book me a flight to Hawaii. I've got some blood money to spend.

syntech said:
kids wanting to have sex at 12 years old.
sure, the media is partly to blame cos they dont help in any way....

Totally off topic but biologically it makes sense for "kids" to have sex whenever they are sexually mature. For some this comes earlier than others.

onetwothreefour said:
[i've always believed that school is school and that kids should be taught as much as possible there, with homework kept to a minimum. much as a result of this (and i guess laziness), i did very very little homework all through primary and high school. i still passed, because i tried to pay attention (sometimes) in class. regardless, if better structures were put in place, everybody could learn everything that is necessary with homework levels kept fairly minimal.

thoughts? [/B]

You may have a point there Brad. I remember having to sacrifice many extra-curricular activites in senior high-school and through uni. At the same time though, I think there's still too much focus on indoor leisure activities rather than getting out and about.

Take, for instance, the internet culture we all embrace. The amount of time most of us spend on-line would be suffient time for adequate daily exercise. now realise that most kids today also spend dimilar amounts of time online, chatting to their friends, keeping up with pop-culture, etc.

IMHO it's a cultural problem. Partially due to increased concerns of child safety, partly the technology revolution and indoors leisure, partly increased work loads/working hours for both children and parents, partly irresponsible marketing and profiteering and partly reduced individual/parental responsibility inthe litigious era. I see it as a complx problem with no easy solution, however the most important thing is being aware and then taking responsibility for your own actions.

:)Smiley

Pseudo G said:
Would you eat anything that tasted terrible, smelt awful and looked like crap?

Are you talking about Red Rooster?

Red Rooster is fucking horrible. Believe me, I work there. All the shit the goes into any fast food is enough to kill anyone.

I was told today by a co-worker, who used to work at a Mc Donald's store that one of her friends left a big mac in her old car that she didn't use anymore for almost a year and the only thing that was wrong with it was the lettuce was off and the bread was stale. SO think about it people, what are we really putting into our bodies?

I haven't seen the movie but I no people who have, and they said exactly what punch e pucnh said : it turned them off.

Imo, technology has got a lot to do with obesity. On Christmas day when travelling from my house to my boyfriends, we were expecting to see children riding around on their new bikes that Santa got them, like it used to be. Instead, we saw about 2 little kids riding around on motorbikes.
And as for all the other kids? They were probably inside sitting on their asses eating all the Christmas lollies and junk food, playing their new xbox/playstation 2/whatever.
But parents also play a part in it too. They were the ones who brought their children the playstations etc, and not bikes. They have control (in most cases) over their children, they let them eat the junk food, they buy it for them.

As we get older, it is our own responsibilty as to what we buy and what we eat, but the amount of obesity in children has risen dramatically. I think its about time the parents woke up to themselves!

And please excuse me if that has already been said somewhere, I couldnt be bothered reading all the posts :)