Subwoofer

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
I have these Bose bookshelf speakers, and they sound great but i need some more bass on my home stereo in the living room....im thinking about grabbing this one:

anybody have some advice on this and think that'll work for me?

these are the Bose speakers that im using now:

iu

i didn't have to plug in my old one...all i had to do was run the speaker wires to it - this thing ya gotta plug in? :bs:

Its the way the internal amp (in the sub box) works to make the sub louder than the stereo volume

May just need a passive sub
(probably overkill)

You can use a 6 - 8 in powered sub to make up the difference
Its usually for smaller out of sight reasons
But a good double sized sub almost always sounds more natural

Polks still good for decent price ...dont know if Boston acoustics is still in the game

it looks like it's kinda oldschool tho right? where you plug the speakers into it and then run wires to the stereo ?
modern integrated amps usually have a dedicated sub output that you run directly to the subwoofer. i’m not sure what it has stereo output for, but running your sub between your amp and speakers doesn’t seem right to me.

what amp are you using? maybe this subwoofer is designed for amps that do not have a sub output.

Ehhh good point
If you don't have a sub out on your stereo
you can use the second stereo channels for the sub

modern integrated amps usually have a dedicated sub output that you run directly to the subwoofer. i’m not sure what it has stereo output for
For using the stereo as the pre-amp
The crossover in the sub box seperates the highs /mids from the bass into stereo out

Ok....yea it's going into my receiver from my stereo

is that more for a TV? that's what it seems like

modern integrated amps usually have a dedicated sub output that you run directly to the subwoofer. i’m not sure what it has stereo output for, but running your sub between your amp and speakers doesn’t seem right to me.

what amp are you using? maybe this subwoofer is designed for amps that do not have a sub output.

i think you're onto it...

i have a Kenwood receiver

h1XiYZsl.jpg