• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subs get me so high?

Yeh ive had bupe 4x and been ok until last month when I took tiny amounts and felt awful and dissociated. Very strange that it can effect you so differently.

I used to be able to have suboxone but I just can't do it anymore.its that lemony windex smell and taste.makes me gag just thinking about it.

Hey, one more message and you're a made man! Why did the 1mg make you sick? Just too much bupe for you tolerance?

I guess so! I got my dose down low af before jumping and it'd been 6 weeks, so I figured my tolerance would be so low as to be practically opiate naive again, and I had been pretty new to opiates with a super low/no tolerance when I first tried 2mg years ago, so I thought 1mg would be safely low... But I guess it was too high? I don't know if I just overdid it or if it just now makes me sick =/ I don't wanna try again to find out lol. But realistically I think I probably will at some point, .5mg or even .25 though, maybe 1mg was too ambitious.

My tolerance must've been higher than I thought back when I had my first suboxone strip, coz 2mg was amazing then. I could catch a serviceable buzz from 60mg of codeine back then lmao. But I'm obviously one of those people who responds to bupe that way, not sure if that's a good thing or not lol. Really makes me balk at the fact that I had to take 18-34mg daily just to feel well for so long. Bupe works in strange ways!

Codeine is an awesome op8 to switch to suboxone from.its light enough not to cause precipitated wd's if taken the next day.im on tramadol now and I'd need 2-3 days off it before taking suboxone.

Yeah I'd wondered about that, I've taken codeine then like 10 hours later taken bupe and it was totally fine, but then I see other people needing days after like DHC hydro and oxy still worried about precip. You don't even need to be that far into WDs after codeine to not get precipitated WDs, guess bupe is so strong the codeine is like nothing compared to it.

Yeah I'd wondered about that, I've taken codeine then like 10 hours later taken bupe and it was totally fine, but then I see other people needing days after like DHC hydro and oxy still worried about precip. You don't even need to be that far into WDs after codeine to not get precipitated WDs, guess bupe is so strong the codeine is like nothing compared to it.

I've taken subs too soon after the last dose and indeed did not go into precipitated wd. I think some people are just more prone to it depending on how fast you metabolize things. There's things about subs that are yet to be understood--but they're honestly life savers for many and a good development imo

There was one user's dad who forced him to eat a sub to prove he wasn't using again... guess what happened to him loll

I've taken subs too soon after the last dose and indeed did not go into precipitated wd. I think some people are just more prone to it depending on how fast you metabolize things. There's things about subs that are yet to be understood--but they're honestly life savers for many and a good development imo

There was one user's dad who forced him to eat a sub to prove he wasn't using again... guess what happened to him loll
I suppose that's punishment enough.
Did you hear about the Irishman who caught his son doing coke?
He said if I catch u doing that again I'll rub your nose in it.

They get people plenty high. i give it ten years before the suboxone companies are being sued for furthering the fentanyl epidemic. which will be worse ten years from now.

Especially with the mega high doses people get prescribed. My tolerance was pushed sky high while on suboxone maintenance, and of course what goes up must come down if you ever intend to get off it eventually, meaning your tapers and WDs have to go on for that much longer. I think doctors are way too lax with dosing because it's seen as pretty harmless, not something people abuse, may as well just let someone have double, triple, quadruple the amount they'd need to keep them well. Bupe is a lifesaver, life changer, amazingly useful tool for treating addiction or at least stabilizing it to get people off H and fenty and god knows what in street drugs, but it's definitely getting the same kind of 'can do no wrong' treatment oxycontin did when it was new.

They get people plenty high. i give it ten years before the suboxone companies are being sued for furthering the fentanyl epidemic. which will be worse ten years from now.

Why do you say that?

I've seen so many BL posters be like "I'm on 36 mg of suboxone" haha! It's like... were you doing carfentynal before that? One thing I don't understand though... aren't subs unable to be shot up because of the filter or something? People still snort and shoot them up. Got to love America scratching it's heads at the opiate epidemic and pointing fingers though. They set themselves up lol. I really hope they don't ban kratom and put even more people on subs treatment which is probably going to happen inevitably :(

If u get prescribed more than you take u sell the rest.duhh.

Haha, nice in theory, but bruhhh have you ever known an addict to have several times more of a drug than they need to be well in their hot little hands and just... Responsibly take a lower than prescribed amount? To sell the rest and not immediately use than money to go buy other drugs? Not gonna happen lmao.

I remember my first 2mg strip knocked my socks off. When I ended up on subs years later for maintenance I had to pull over and have a little nap in the back of my car coz I was nodding so hard when they bumped me up to 12mg, then when I told them that at the clinic they didn't believe me and said 'no one gets high off this stuff!' Seems like some people respond to it a bit differently, some get quite a buzz and others just get maintained. Personally I love the buzz, I still have some 8mg strips hanging around even though I'm clean now and far too afraid of going through that all again to touch them lol

Throw them out dude,why are you keeping them,just in case you relapse? They are in themselves a cause for relapse.

Not several times more but at 16mg a day prescribed and your only using 12mg you got enough to get some pot or sell for crack or whatever.you can't really go buy smack if u got sub in your system.and suboxone will never take the blame oxy did or methadone would already be there.its "maintenance drug" status will stop that happening I reckon.

For an opiate naive person,buprenorphine is a really strong opiate. I first tried buprenorphine as a Temgesic tablet 2mg which was dropped into a pint of beer,after finishing beer I could feel it,even though they're sublingual it must have absorbed through the mouth lining. I was buzzing as much as chasing a £10 bag of smack.

When I became addicted to heroin and was put on buprenorphine at 32mg,the maximum dose I suffered for a day as the heroin was knocked out the receptors. After that I never felt the buprenorphine but wasn't dope sick and could get on with life. It was only when I reduced to below 1mg that I felt it again,nowhere near like the first time with the temgesic. My Doctor told me that buprenorphine at very low doses works more like traditional agonists and that's why the patches are in microgram doses for pain management.

Buprenorphine without tolerance is IMO as strong if not stronger than heroin.