TDS Suboxone/vivitrol Induction

totach

Bluelighter
Hi evreyone , it’s bin a while since I started a thread. So I have a bit of a dilemma . I hope this will not be against the rules because it involves drugs and Lying. So I was just clean for over a month (cold turkeyd) evreything but pot so no Xanax and no heroine . Eventho I shouldn’t care but when my family accuses me of being high when I’m sober it drives me nuts and causes me to relapse . So I decided that I will get the vivitrol (implanted naloxne injection )shot .

I did the screening last week for a study at Columbia university and I had to be actively using. so I took that as a get high as much as I want till I get the call back to see if I was accepted to the study . I got the call back on Friday which was not expected because I called on Thursday and they said they will call next week because they are waiting for more blood work results . They wanted me to come today which I couldn’t because for me it’s a holiday so I scheduled it for tomorrow at 11am.

That’s where the issue arises . I have 0 self control and 0 discipline . They asked me to come sick because is assuming they want me to dose indeint if them . It’s probably more for seeing how my body reacts to it then them worrying if I’m actually taking the suboxone . I’m not sure how long they plan on giving that but I’m assuming 4 to 7 days and then you need to have 10 complete no opiate of any kind days and friends you get the shot . So yea I’ve bin using up u till now which is 6:10 pm and my appt is at 11am .

I can’t chance messing with them and not getting accepted to the study . That shot costs $1500 minimum a month so that’s a lot of money saved . Also my father had bin begging me for years to please go and I’ve bin putting it off . I did rapid detox over 10 years ago and I remember hating to take the naltrexone pills after the “treatment” . I fucking felt so bad when I came to it’s indescribable. Forget the fact that it cost a lot of money it was the biggest mistake of my life . I feel like I never truly recovered from that shock to my body .

Sorry I’m all over the place I am pretty high at this moment . So here’s my borderline not sure if I’m breaking the rules against cheating drug tests by asking if worse case scenario and I have to dose in front of them can I just swallow whatever they give me and take my chances with the low oral BA? Or should I just came up with an excuse . Again I prefer not the excuse option because I don’t wanna chance not being accepted . I’m sure there’s no shortage of candidates . So I’m thinking if I stop now and get good sleep then I can possibly be good to take the sub at 11am . If I’m borderline then maybe I can swallow the sub and only get %10 or whatever it is BA and that should help curb PW . It would be the same dose as the Burmese method of induction. Not sure if that’s correct spelling .

So what do you guys suggest?

If im understanding this correctly, they want to give you the oral medication of vivitrol to see how you react to it? Thats what they wanted to do with me, before I got the injection. If you take that, you will DEFINITELY go into withdrawals if you have not quit, and it will NOT be fun. And chances are, they will not give you the injection until you have fully WD'd from it.

Hopefully I understood that correctly. If not, can you rephrase it maybe? There was quite a bit in there lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Going with sublocade at the end . Looks like I am going to be a genie pig for Columbia university . I’ve never really bin on sub maintenance so I really hope this stuff really works and somehow tapers itself off . There’s really not much out there on the subject since it only got fda approval in April of 2018 . So there’s hardly any reviews of people coming off it .
There’s a lot of negative reviews from people that were on high doses of suboxone but I’m a newbie . Only took it for 1 day and am getting the shot today Eventho the directions say I would be using sub for atleast a week before induction .
I don’t know how these idiots went from vivitrol to sublocade but whatever I got myself here and I’m just gonna go for the ride . Wish me luck!

Sorry I don't have much of a response for you. I'm personally not a fan of the drug vivitrol, but I am not well informed enough to really give you much of an opinion beyond I wouldn't. I know there are other threads, and possibly a megathread about vivtrol. It might be over in one of the other recovery forums.

So I wound up getting the sublocade shot . For people that don’t know it’s a once a month buonorphine injection that supposed to be slowly and evenly released over the course of a month . I’m part of a study so I just gotta go with the flow . There’s not much reviews out there since it’s so new but I’m sure there’s some people here that can say something about it . I will start a sublocade thread and hopefully people can chime in .
Thanx

MOD EDIT: "...this is not the place for politics especially not in TDS..."
I agree, enough said. -mafioso

So I wound up getting the sublocade shot . For people that don’t know it’s a once a month buonorphine injection that supposed to be slowly and evenly released over the course of a month . I’m part of a study so I just gotta go with the flow . There’s not much reviews out there since it’s so new but I’m sure there’s some people here that can say something about it . I will start a sublocade thread and hopefully people can chime in .
Thanx
And yes I am a open trump supporter but this is not the place for politics especially not in TDS . Just for the sake of it why don’t you ask yourself WHY???
I looked-up the Suboxone chem.

Interesting.

Promising treatment, but addictive in its own right.

Wishing you well with that.

And, agreed... not the place, here, for politics.

‘nuff said.

(EDIT: 'nuff said, no need to go on, as you said- not the place)