• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cpt's Bupe Update - I love you all - N8's for all!!!

let me know what your dose is at when you stop and how withdrawals are...

GOod luck man..

Quitting bupe is... just oh god scary for me to even think about right now

Right now I'm being REALLY GOOD and not really even using buprenorphine... let me explain. I used to dose buprenorphine at a MINIMUM of 3-4 times per day, and now I'm at a MAXIMUM of 3-4 times per day. This is INSANELY GOOD for someone like me. Oh, also, I pretty much stopped IVing buprenorphine and am now only IMing it. Again, this is INSANELY GOOD for someone like me.

Right now I'm using a solution that is 0.533... mg/mL and I use about 20 to 40 units per IM shot, no more than 3 times per day (again; I amaze myself with my ability to cut back with buprenorphine in a matter of days - thanks to a few good LSD experiences)... so that means I'm using 100 to 200 mcg per IM dosage, about 3 times per day.

So I'm going through about half a milligram or less of buprenorphine, IM'd, per day.

I plan on cutting down to about 1/10th of that before quitting...but I'll let you know how the withdrawals are.

I didn't do buprenorphine for like 2 days after one LSD experience I had, and I felt GREAT still. I only continued using buprenorphine because I felt the withdrawals BEGINNING. And beginning after 2 days of abstaining from buprenorphine. That's really hellish and depressing if you realize that heroin withdrawals are like BOOM over and done with so quickly... UGH.

Anyways I am NOT going to revert back to ANY short acting opiates AT ALL. I have kratom on hand but I don't really like it like I do buprenorphine, so I'm saving the kratom for a "just in case" if withdrawal from buprenorphine is still kicking my ass.

HOWEVER, even at 2 days without any buprenorphine, I still felt great. I don't know how to explain it. I think LSD can really reset your mind in terms of an addiction... you just need to NOT use any other drugs other than LSD. And that is the VERY important part.

If you rely too heavily on benzodiazepines or any other type of drug to get yourself through an LSD experience, it will program your mind to be more addicted. It's true! This is why I lock up my buprenorphine vials/shots when I trip. %)

We can't go into price discussion here but lets just say no drug I've ever encountered has been as cheap as that bupe was for me (unless you count free stuff) ;)

The duration was also a plus.

Feels pretty good right now :)

I see your location tag says Poland.

That probably has something to do with it ;) in the United States, people aren't so willing to chop off arms and legs for buprenorphine, but it gets kind of close. ;) ;)

Good luck to you brother, you can do it! Sry for DP

Go ahead and double post. I was the only Other Drugs moderator who was actually merging 2 posts into 1 anyways.

I don't think anyone really cares if you double post.

Hey, I took suboxone for the first time ever last night (2mg intranasal). I have been on a binge of oxy and H for about 2 weeks, my tolerance is about 450mg-500mg of oxy per day (oral and snorted). I was about 24 hours after my last dose when i took the Suboxone. The dosage certainly made me feel a little bit better, but not even close to "normal". I just copped some really good H and I was wondering if the low dose of Bupe I took will block the effects much? It has been 15 hours since I took about 2mg of bupe, am I ok to start hitting the bag? Should I worry about precipitated WDs?

Thanks for any advice

12-16 mg's (for you) will make you realize how well Bupe' really does work... but if you dont taper down to 1-2 mg's (preferably 1mg) within 2-3 weeks it will never work that well again

Hey, I took suboxone for the first time ever last night (2mg intranasal). I have been on a binge of oxy and H for about 2 weeks, my tolerance is about 450mg-500mg of oxy per day (oral and snorted). I was about 24 hours after my last dose when i took the Suboxone. The dosage certainly made me feel a little bit better, but not even close to "normal". I just copped some really good H and I was wondering if the low dose of Bupe I took will block the effects much? It has been 15 hours since I took about 2mg of bupe, am I ok to start hitting the bag? Should I worry about precipitated WDs?

Thanks for any advice

2mg is really not a blocking dose, even with chronic use. If you have a low tolerance to begin with, than you might not get as high as normally due to buprenorphine raising your tolerance, but if you dosed only once 15 hours ago, you should be able to feel the heroin. Precipitated withdrawals only occur when you switch from a full agonist (oxy, heroin) to buprenorphine before you are in withdrawal (usually best to take 24-36 hours for most opioids, methadone being an exception). Precipitated withdrawal occurs because the bupe has ahgher binding affinity to opiate receptors, and it pushes the full agonists off inducing withdrawal. Using heroin or oxy after bupe will not cause withdrawal, you just might be wasting drugs if you've taken a large enough dosage of bupe.

Do you still like it recreationaly, or do you just want to quit it altogether ?
Either way, Go, C.H. !

I LOVE buprenorphine as a recreational drug. I may still use it once a month or some low frequency in the future after quitting daily usage of it.

However I barely use it as is, and I barely even feel withdrawal at the moment. %) I'm having a blast here in California and hope EVERYONE is having a blast EVERYWHERE. =D <3

I'm still around a 100 mcg IM dosage; but IM dosages come on slower and last longer than IV dosages. Therefore I can taper slower with IM dosages and it'll be easier to taper quicker as it'll be a longer duration than IV use.

I have since quit IVing buprenorphine by itself; or will only IV buprenorphine if I feel EXTREME withdrawal symptoms; if I haven't used in a LONG time. :D

My plan is to do...

100mcg up to 4 times per day (if I'm awake for the whole 24 hours thanks to a drug like LSD)

then go to...

90mcg up to 3 times per day

and keep decreasing by 10mcg but stay at 3 times per day for a while.

That's my plan! And I hope I stick to it. I'll post updates. If I let myself go and go back to 6 to 8 shots... I'll be slightly disappointed in myself but not really as at least I won't have relapsed on heroin. :D

Just a quick question, presume I'd kicked the bupe, how long before I could have a shot of heroin and not wake up the next morning sniffling with sore legs. I know its not an exact science but 3 months, 6 months, 12 months? Just curious. :)

An answer from experience

You are correct that because bupe has a higher affinity for receptors, doing more heroin should not alleviate the precipitated withdrawal (unless you took it in massive doses which would be insanely dangerous).

You really have no choice but ride it out. A benzo might help with some of the symptoms.-DG

This is why I hate reading so many message boards. You go to read about experiences, not some people on the internet who think they are pharmacology experts.

I can tell you from personal experience that taking additional opiates will stop the precipitated withdrawals. This happened to me a few years ago when I took Suboxone too early. I would assume the reason behind this is because the receptors are not actually bound with the buprenorphine (or else you wouldn't be having the withdrawals in the first place). But, then again, I don't really know why and I won't pretend to. All I know is what I've experienced. That's why I used the word "assume" and didn't act as if I know for sure the reason why additional opiates help. There are so many people out there just like this. It really gets on my nerves because it's basically all you see. If you're not an expert, don't state your assumptions as facts. Most of the time, when people ask these kinds of questions, I assume they want someone with experience. Think before you post.

Aaaactually, DG is pretty much on the dot. You go into withdrawal BECAUSE the buprenorphine is attached to receptors. It has a lower efficacy but higher affinity than most other opioids, which causes the precipitated withdrawal. And yes, a benzo *might* alleviate some of the symptoms, but in PW, nothing short of an anaesthetic dose of said benzo will 'truly' help.

Cyb

def right.one of the 1st times i tried to kick with subs,at home i took my dose of H,3bags,waited until a few hours later when i felt a little ill and took a whole 8mg sub.went into full WD's in about 20minutes.i tried to shoot 2 bundles,2 bags at a time but just kept getting sicker.worst feeling i had cause it lasted 2 extra days,the dope wouldn't work then the WD's from the H kicked in.finally learned to wait a full 24hrs till i was on the floor puking in a pool of my sweat to take subs.best feeling ever.i love/hate subs now.trying to wean but the wean ain't winning...

Ok, ok, ok, ok. Seeing as there's only 6 posts so far in this thread I'll take them one by one.....

When reading another thread, I saw that the poor kid went into precipitated withdrawal by taking Suboxone too soon after his last hit of heroin......

To begin with, there is always a lot to a story then people post on forums. So my explanations and the such are done so using the (little) information available.

In Thekid's situation above.....without first putting himself into a withdrawn state, then yes, going from an addict goes straight from a heavy/daily use straight into a maintenance program using Suboxone, the pt will without question be forcefully thrown into precipitated withdrawals - which is say the least, is not the nicest position to be in! Now if the kid's addiction was rather extreme, then the precipitated withdrawal state would not only be due to the immediate switch from heroin (comparatively speaking) - a full-agonist, low binding affinity to (certain) opiate receptors - to the bupe - a partial-agonist, with a higher binding affinity - but also the effects felt by the Naloxone. The stoichometry between bupe and narc is such for a multitude of reasons (I personally find this alone rather interesting :) ). As you said however, unless the subsequent dose (after the Subs) is that of an opiate with a higher binding affinity then that of both the bupe and narc, then no, no effects will be felt. (technically speaking it maybe possible to dose a opiate which has a higher affinity then bupe but not of the narc, and so feel some relief. To what extent however, I cannot say).

....unless you took it in massive doses which would be insanely dangerous
You really have no choice but ride it out. A benzo might help with some of the symptoms.-DG

Even at that, I would be extremely surprise if any effect was felt, regardless of the dose.

Although benzo's may help symptomatically, I personally would be very hesitant in suggesting this! Especially without knowing the pt's full Hx and complete workup. Personally too many caveats.

If you are taking suboxone to get clean, stick with it, otherwise just use your normal drug. IMO you gotta want to be clean in order for suboxone to do its job, otherwise it just provides a shit ton of obstacles to getting high. Hope this helps

Agreed mate. For the indications bupe is used, it does this well. I personally don't think it has much of any recreational value - and as pstyles said - you're on bupe for a reason - to get off of other (more destructive) opiates and get your life back together. Otherwise, don't bother! :)

This is why I hate reading so many message boards. You go to read about experiences, not some people on the internet who think they are pharmacology experts.
I can tell you from personal experience that taking additional opiates will stop the precipitated withdrawals.
If you're not an expert, don't state your assumptions as facts. Most of the time, when people ask these kinds of questions, I assume they want someone with experience. Think before you post.

Good points! Regardless of the thread/it's topic/how "knowledgeable" a reply may be/etc, all replies should in the end be taken with a grain of salt.....for the reasons you've stated above! A lot of responses to posts are just that, personal experience. However, this does count for something! Additionally, you don't know the education/profession/etc of who is on the other side of the post. For instance, I know for a fact, due to being quite good friends and having met them multiple times off of BL, that there are people on BL who do work in widely varying positions through the entire spectrum of medicine/health - from aged care, to mental health, to pathology, to nursing/GP's, etc. So, yes, at the same time there are poster on here who actually hold sound knowledge in their field, and do know what their talking about. (an extremely rough guide can be also looking at their post count. someone with thousands of posts, or are maybe a moderator are/do such for a reason). Basically, don't assume you know someone just from their post(s). :)

HELL YEAH! Go for gold, my friend! :D

I've been doing really well so far miss pharmacy Ashley! :D

I hope to be off buprenorphine very soon. %)
26.gif

Woah 2x IM in the last two days? That's pretty impressive man, I bet those dosages feel a lot stronger.

I just got the two mg strips which I'm pretty psyched about. Cutting an eight into 16 different pieces was becoming tiresome, and I finally feel as if I'm getting a steady dose of buprenorphine. Plus, these 2's don't have any cracks in them which is nice

i don't remember the last time i posted in here but i am off bupe and on tramadol for my back pain but i still take .5-1mg bupe occasionally and catch a slight and quite enjoyable buzz off it.

If I want to use bupe from time to time recreationally (say, 1 or 2 times a week, 0,5-2mg depending on ROA - lower-end doses for nasal, higher-end doses for sublingual), how safe is it to use with alcohol (what doses?), or benzos (10mg diazepam/1mg clonazepam/6mg bromazepam - not all of them, just the doses I'd use), or both?

the only overdoses recorded with bupe are when it was combined with other downers, but we can't say for sure how dangerous it is for you because it varies by person and by tolerance.. IME i have used all 3 together and been fine one time and woke up in jail another.. it's russian roulette. but than again i am known to take a very high dose of benzos to even get an effect so that could be a factor in my outcomes also.

Like Hdoubleodeezy said, no one can say for sure, but if you only use buprenorphine occasionally for recreational purposes, don't mix it with benzo's, because first of all it's dangerous and 2, the bupe is going to get you really high. The only overdoses recorded to my knowledge concerning buprenorphine, we're with opiate naive individuals who mixed subutex and temazepam.

On maintenance it's still not "safe" to use other CNS depressants, but it's better than being naive, because you will at least be tolerant to the bupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.