• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright then. How often can I preferably take bupe not to skyrocket the tolerance? I think I've read somewhere that it raises pretty fast, and I want to keep the recreational effects.

In the past, when I wasn't dependent on buprenorphine (I had been detoxed at a rehab, and then came home and found I still had half a bottle filled with suboxone), I found that the best way to continually get high off of it without running into problems was to dose once a week. However, at the time I was not aquainted with the whole "less is more" concept, and was taking 8mg at a time, which needless to say, was way more than enough.

I think the best thing to do, if you have little to no opioid tolerance, would be to take a low dosage, no more than 2mg of buprenorphine, once a week. The problem with using a drug like buprenorphine for recreational purposes, is that it has a super long half life, and you can potentially risk forming a dependence, if you even use a medium-high dosage once a week, as it takes about 13 days for buprenorphine to be completely elliminated from the system.

You say it takes 13 days to be completely eliminated. Does that mean a similar time should be waited if I'm looking to achieve baseline tolerance again before my next dose? I've only dosed once, at 1mg, and prior to that I've taken codeine twice nearly 2 years ago, so I wouldn't imagine I have significant tolerance - but if at all possible I want to avoid ANY tolerance at all, even if it means waiting longer.

So yeah, I'd like to know when would be the best time to next dose if I want to avoid any tolerance :) (my dose was 8 days ago)

Amen to that brother! the urinary retention just kills me! especially when i have to take a pee test at the suboxone doctor and it takes me a solid 30 minutes to pee, it makes it harder when there is a nurse in the room putting the pressure on you mentally to piss in her cup!

oh no, I mean, after eight days you should be good to go. There is probably some buprenorphine left in your system, but the ammount would be negligable, especially if you used one mg. Also that number (13 days) was an approximation, I'm pretty sure I read that in the R&B pamphlet that comes with my suboxone scripts, but it could have been 11 or 12. Without chronic use, you will undoubtedly feel good dosing again 8 days later. I imagine that even if I (who takes 1 mg a day for maintenance) would get really buzzed if I could suffer through 8 days of withdrawal.

What do you guys think about this I.V. mix: 0,5-1mg buprenorphine, 7,5mg midazolam and 25mg diphenhydramine extracted from diphenhydramine/APAP tablet OR 50mg dimenhydramine (what's safer/better?)?

Limitbreaker, I'm saying this not to sound obnoxious (I feel like I've been posting a hell of a lot on this thread lol) but really for your own health. Since you do NOT use buprenorphine everyday for maintenance, and just for recreational purposes, I dont think it's smart for you to be mixing I.V bupe with a benzodiazepine, as in nearly ALL the reported buprenorphine overdoses, it's been I.V bupe mixed with I.V benzodiazepine. And also I would not I.V anything extracted from a formulation containing APAP, especially not diphenhydramine, as it really does not add that much to the experience IMO.

If you insist on doing this, I would then lower your buprenorphine dosage to .1 mg. Even for someone on maintenance, .5mg IV is quite a big dose.

Well this is strange. Last time 1mg got me pretty high, nowhere near nodding, but significantly high.

It's been just over 2 hours since I put 2mg under my tongue and it feels weaker than 1mg was so far. It feels about as strong as the first 0.33mg I tried when it hit me.

The strip of patch had dried out a little so maybe it's ineffective now? Or maybe 8 days isn't enough?

Hopefully I'm just coming up slow, it'd be a shame otherwise, since 1mg was really awesome last time. My pupils are pinned, and I feel good.. but just, not quite there y'know?

Edit: Nope, just hit me like a freight train :D

Last edited:
Jesusgreen, the sublingual absorption of bupe changes a lot between high dose tablets and other preparations. I suspect the patch you are using absorbs better than Suboxone/ Subutex as they absorb poorly compared to other sublingual preparations.

It's a transdermal patch, so I suspect the opposite and the absorption is pretty bad. 45mg of Codeine got me quite high with my tolerance, so I'd expect 2mg to have me puking my guts up. It's a nice high, pupils completely pinned, dizzy, feel great. No nod to speak of yet but going to drink a few shots to potentiate, we'll see :)

Hey everyone, very first post on bluelight, yup- the Suboxone Mega Thread popped my post cherry :) Anyway, I have been on subs for over year now. taking around 6mgs a day. I was on very high doses of oxy/opana for almost 5 years, and I am 22. I haven't relapsed, I am about to graduate college in April, I have a great job, an amazing 3 year old, and so many other things. But we all know the next part of the story- I am tired of being on it, don't get me wrong, I am so thankful I got on this because there is no way in hell I would be here today without it, I went cold turkey so many times, but could never mentally stay sober. I am just so tired of feeling that withdrawal itch halfway through the day and needing to slap a sub under my tongue and wait for the kick in. I have been trying to taper for months, but I am having a hard time getting down to 3 or 4 mgs. I wanna do a very slow taper and be off of it within the next year. I have been doing so much research, I know what to do, but I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting down to 4 or 2 mgs, everyone says they don't feel much pain until around then, so I don't know what my problem is? Anyway, I tried the films, I loved them so dang much, but, my tongue would break out in hives and get swollen bumps everywhere, and it upset me, because I wanted to stay on the films, they are so much better to taper down with. Hope everyone is doing awesome!

It's a transdermal patch, so I suspect the opposite and the absorption is pretty bad. 45mg of Codeine got me quite high with my tolerance, so I'd expect 2mg to have me puking my guts up. It's a nice high, pupils completely pinned, dizzy, feel great. No nod to speak of yet but going to drink a few shots to potentiate, we'll see :)

I figure since it's a transdermal patch applied to a more easily entered membrane than skin, it might absorb really well. IDK though.

Hey everyone, very first post on bluelight, yup- the Suboxone Mega Thread popped my post cherry :) Anyway, I have been on subs for over year now. taking around 6mgs a day. I was on very high doses of oxy/opana for almost 5 years, and I am 22. I haven't relapsed, I am about to graduate college in April, I have a great job, an amazing 3 year old, and so many other things. But we all know the next part of the story- I am tired of being on it, don't get me wrong, I am so thankful I got on this because there is no way in hell I would be here today without it, I went cold turkey so many times, but could never mentally stay sober. I am just so tired of feeling that withdrawal itch halfway through the day and needing to slap a sub under my tongue and wait for the kick in. I have been trying to taper for months, but I am having a hard time getting down to 3 or 4 mgs. I wanna do a very slow taper and be off of it within the next year. I have been doing so much research, I know what to do, but I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting down to 4 or 2 mgs, everyone says they don't feel much pain until around then, so I don't know what my problem is? Anyway, I tried the films, I loved them so dang much, but, my tongue would break out in hives and get swollen bumps everywhere, and it upset me, because I wanted to stay on the films, they are so much better to taper down with. Hope everyone is doing awesome!

Best of luck to you in the future and coming off of subs! I too am 22, and have spent my life since 16 getting high on oxys/opanas/dope. I've had months clean, 2 months here, I was on suboxone for almost 2 years, I just recently had 8 months and decided I wanted to try getting high again. That was in october and i still haven't entered back into physical addiction, and i know i'm playing with fire there. BUT I want to go back on subs, life for me is easier on them than it is off of them...that is a fact i'm starting to realize. I'm a person who always needs something, especially opiods. I just can't afford them, i'm so broke I can't pick up my vyvanse script lol.

I tried to taper and I couldn't do it. I ended up relapsing. I know plenty of people on subs and I only know one person who successfully tapered. If you read on the internet there are people who do it all the time.

For me tapering was all psychological, like I was always used to having my dose...I knew I was at 4mg, when I would go down to 2mg in my head I would be like "oh shit, i'm 2mg short of where I want to be". Idk, I just read your post and wanted to say good luck. Most of my friends my age are still on bupe/getting high. I wanna see a success story.

Limitbreaker, I'm saying this not to sound obnoxious (I feel like I've been posting a hell of a lot on this thread lol) but really for your own health. Since you do NOT use buprenorphine everyday for maintenance, and just for recreational purposes, I dont think it's smart for you to be mixing I.V bupe with a benzodiazepine, as in nearly ALL the reported buprenorphine overdoses, it's been I.V bupe mixed with I.V benzodiazepine. And also I would not I.V anything extracted from a formulation containing APAP, especially not diphenhydramine, as it really does not add that much to the experience IMO.

If you insist on doing this, I would then lower your buprenorphine dosage to .1 mg. Even for someone on maintenance, .5mg IV is quite a big dose.
Any links to such overdoses? Diphenhydramine out, dimenhydramine oral in.

Can someone tell me please, if 20mg in 3 days (transdermal patch) is enough/too much for first time user? thanks for quick reply :)

Can someone tell me please, if 20mg in 3 days (transdermal patch) is enough/too much for first time user? thanks for quick reply :)

I dont think its too much if you are just starting, after a couple of weeks you would pry' be better off on half or even less

I'm guessing my stomach slowly destroyed and broke down the patch matrix and absorbed the remaining bupe?

Basically it was taking quite a while to kick in - only really hit me about 3-4 hours in properly yesterday after sublingual admin. Then I ate the remainder of the patch strip.

Felt nice, had a little whiskey to drink, smoked some AM-2201 - was feeling it strongly but mostly because of the mix.

Then a few hours later it started getting stronger and stronger until I felt really sick and had to go lay down. I lay down in bed and spent the next 7 hours or so nodding.

Got up to make food just now 23 and a half hours since I dosed, everything is still spinning and I feel very motion sick. I feel so numb that I can't feel food or drink really.

Just a little strange - as when I did 1mg, it kicked in a lot faster (1 and a half to 2 hours to take full effect) but also wore off quite fast, with the main effects being gone after just 10-12 hours (which this time was the opposite - as 10-12 hours is when the effects kicked in stronger and I started nodding)

The only thing I changed was: 2mg this time, but also when I was chewing up the strip of the transdermal patch I managed to break it apart from the plastic strip inside it, which I didn't do last time - so maybe that allowed the release to be uninhibited when I swallowed it?

The other strange thing I experienced is it seems to come in waves somewhat this time. I feel it coming on strong again now and I feel like I might start nodding again now - strange.

No complaints though, I'm glad it hit so strong, but I find it rather weird that it worked so differently to last time. I understand it being stronger since the dose was higher, but not the change in timescale, coming in waves, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.