• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 411: Fantasy

Please review the submissions on the first page and choose your favorite!

• 1. chinup

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 2. Mister Privacy

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 3. negrogesic

• 4. ions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. wo1fg4ng

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 6. hylite

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 7. Littana

• 8. Negentropic

• 9. F.U.B.A.R.

• 10. Xorkoth

• 11. n3ophy7e

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 12. mal3volent

• 13. Shardzvark

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great submissions, everyone. I love all of these! Didn't know about this contest until now, but I'll be participating in the next one.

Congratulations to @chinup!

Last edited:
i'm still thinking freedom could work as a topic, but i would like something more artistic as its a photography thing. but i'm not an artist. maybe patterns? actually i like patterns, its probably a bit harder.

still no idea on what my title should be. any ideas?

I think freedom could work, yeah. The artistic interpretation ones seem to cause people to be hesitant to enter, but we got enough eventually with this one. I also like topical themes. But Patterns is a great topic, it's concrete yet ripe with artistic expression. Let's sleep on it but I think it would be a great one.

On those lines, my girlfriend is so scared of getting long covid that even though we're both vaxxed and boosted, she is trying to get me to lock down for "only 2-3 months and then we'll see what it looks like". I am trying to convince her that long covid is not a realistically substantial concern for us anymore, and that staying home for 1/4 of a year is not a workable solution for me, not again.

I kinda like Desert Wanderer, but some others could be... hmm I dunno. Trying to think of something fantasy-related that doesn't just sound cheesy, lol

Please do! We'll be starting the next one in a day or so.
Perfect. Been doing photography this week for the first time in years (excluding the occasional portraiture photo shoot of myself/friends.) so I already have some material.

Looking forward to the contest and seeing everyone’s entries.

On those lines, my girlfriend is so scared of getting long covid that even though we're both vaxxed and boosted, she is trying to get me to lock down for "only 2-3 months and then we'll see what it looks like". I am trying to convince her that long covid is not a realistically substantial concern for us anymore, and that staying home for 1/4 of a year is not a workable solution for me, not again.
i can't do another quarter year either. i've done everything by the book but enough is enough. if the UK had done a short circuit breaker when they first detected omicron i'd have got behind it, but there's not really any logic to another long lockdown after letting it run rampant for months. i don't even wanna go out much, i just need to have the option in my head to not go insane instead of staring down months of nothingness over winter.

my sister tested positive while we were all at my parents over christmas. i did a lateral flow that was negative. back home now and my boyf also did one and was also negative. waiting on the results of my parents PCR tests before i do another, cos we only have 2 LTFs and there's now a massive shortage. i don't plan on going anywhere but will take a test if i do. i'm also petrified of long covid cos i've had 2 very long periods of post viral fatigue that were utterly life destroying. we are all boosted too thank fuck.

anyway, in honour of @F.U.B.A.R. i think i will go with 'your fantasy' for my title, its hilarious.

i am still liking both patterns and freedom. i think i'm liking patterns slightly more, would anyone majorly object to that as a theme?