Steroids and the gym - the only thing to keep me off of drugs

It means the coroner told his mom he had left ventricle damage....and a magnitude of studies link steroid use to heart problems, specifically left ventricle weakness. He was a known steroid user. Infer what you want from the statement as correlation doesn't always equal causation but there is ample evidence to suggest that link. Just food for thought. Don't let me ruin your juice party.

It would be interesting to know exactly what the coroner was referring to regards damage to the left ventricle.? LVH is a common problem of AAS use, as is the more serious issue of myocardial thickening, and overall reduction of flexibility to the cardiovascular system as a whole...
It's possible to address this condition with the use of an ARB like losartan, also HIIT cardio..

With regards thrombus, plaque build up, we are starting to understand the primary mechanism responsible.. Refined fructose (sugar) in combination with seed oils (vegetable oils) seems to be the driver behind glycation of LDL into sdLDL known to enter endothelium and cause arteriosclerotic plaque build up..

A diet low in carbohydrate and high in fat seems to be the way forward for general heart health...

Last edited:
I can’t argue with that. I’m gonna be on trt for life with intermittent blasting. But I had my first hit of test when I was 33.

The only thing that I would argue with and reinforce is that due to shutting down you natural test production for so long, you will have had an effect on you ability to bounce back. But like you say, you have embraced trt for life

You are right though I should reflect on this decision deeply because I have been on steroids for the majority of the past 3 years and at 25 years old I know this definitely has caused serious shut down, and if I don’t stop in the next few years I will likely be permanently affected

It would be interesting to know exactly what the coroner was referring to regards damage to the left ventricle.? LVH is a common problem of AAS use, as is the more serious issue of myocardial thickening, and overall reduction of flexibility to the cardiovascular system as a whole...
It's possible to address this condition with the use of an ARB like losartan..

With regards thrombus, plaque build up, we are starting to understand the primary mechanism responsible.. Refined fructose (sugar) in combination with seed oils (vegetable oils) seems to be the driver behind glycation of LDL into sdLDL known to enter endothelium and cause arteriosclerotic plaque build up..

A diet low in carbohydrate and high in fat seems to be the way forward for general heart health...

This is interesting. Are carbs bad for heart health? I consume a lot of carbs some complex like whole grain pasta and what not but also a lot of simple sugar carbs like breads and what not.

This is interesting. Are carbs bad for heart health? I consume a lot of carbs some complex like whole grain pasta and what not but also a lot of simple sugar carbs like breads and what not.

In a nutshell: Yes..!! As are whole grains..

We know from the considerable research polyunsaturated omega-6 oils combined with sugar is highly inflammatory, inflammation sits upon the biomarkers of all major diseases. Also the combination of sugar and omega-6 oils causes glycation of LDL to sdLDL, ApoB100 becomes damaged by sugar, particles become smaller (sdLDL), now damaged cannot be taken out of circulation by the liver, via LDL receptor, macrophages bury sdLDL into the lining of arteries, causing occlusion, MI, stroke etc...

Carbs such as bread, and everything else made with flour, cereals, including breakfast cereals and milk puddings, fruit juices, potatoes, and other root vegetables, food containing sugar... They all spike insulin, insulin increases LPL (lipoprotein lipase) which facilitates the breakdown of triglycerides and thus entry into fat cells, insulin also blocks HSL (hormone specific lipase) which results in fat being retained in fat cells and not to enter circulation for use as an energy source.. (so fat cells get fatter, as do you)...

In a nutshell: Yes..!! As are whole grains..

We know from the considerable research polyunsaturated omega-6 oils combined with sugar is highly inflammatory, inflammation sits upon the biomarkers of all major diseases. Also the combination of sugar and omega-6 oils causes glycation of LDL to sdLDL, ApoB100 becomes damaged by sugar, particles become smaller (sdLDL), now damaged cannot be taken out of circulation by the liver, via LDL receptor, macrophages bury sdLDL into the lining of arteries, causing occlusion, MI, stroke etc...

Carbs such as bread, and everything else made with flour, cereals, including breakfast cereals and milk puddings, fruit juices, potatoes, and other root vegetables, food containing sugar... They all spike insulin, insulin increases LPL (lipoprotein lipase) which facilitates the breakdown of triglycerides and thus entry into fat cells, insulin also blocks HSL (hormone specific lipase) which results in fat being retained in fat cells and not to enter circulation for use as an energy source.. (so fat cells get fatter, as do you)...
What if you were to take an Anti-Inflammatory drug like Solu-Medrol (which can last for weeks when given IM). Would that counteract the effects? (legit question)

Since thats an anti-inflammatory drug, would that decrease the "biomarkers" and help prevent the diseases?

Bro, you were right, since I started my cycle and going back to the gym, ive literally had no urge to even go back to opiates. Seems like all of my symptoms disappeared once I started it. Ie depression, fatigue, etc. etc.

Feels great!

What if you were to take an Anti-Inflammatory drug like Solu-Medrol (which can last for weeks when given IM). Would that counteract the effects? (legit question)

Since thats an anti-inflammatory drug, would that decrease the "biomarkers" and help prevent the diseases?

Uh...This isn’t meant to be mean but if you’re asking if a corticosteroid will counteract inflammation markers due to an inflammatory diet then I’m going to assume going into the mechanisms and physiological functions isn’t worth the time.

The short answer is definitely no - you’re going to majorly fuck stuff up doing that in a plethora of different ways.

Inflammation can come in many forms, plus the combo of omega-6 oils and sugar contribute to many pathophysiological problems not isolated to inflammation..
It is surely easier and healthier to eat correctly...

I would caution against addictive steroid use as a fix for opioid addiction. I'm also saying this from a similar position as yourself. I was addicted to heroin for over four years. I've now been sober for almost three years (2nd attempt at sobriety).

First, steroids can definitely have negative health repercussions, and getting into them can make you dependent on them for life. Even if you can recover, it seems to be a long and hard road for those i know that have tried to quit. That being said, i know a lot of people with long-term sobriety that use them. The thing is, that everyone i know who is using steroids responsibly in sobriety didn't immediately start using them when they got sober. I started using them with a year sober, and others i know using responsibly had 5+ years.

The people i've seen start using them immediately after getting sober ended up using steroids addictively and irresponsibly, and it led to them getting high again. Even with a year sober, i was slightly reckless with AAS, using high doses and staying on cycle more than i was off.

I would caution against addictive steroid use as a fix for opioid addiction. I'm also saying this from a similar position as yourself. I was addicted to heroin for over four years. I've now been sober for almost three years (2nd attempt at sobriety).

First, steroids can definitely have negative health repercussions, and getting into them can make you dependent on them for life. Even if you can recover, it seems to be a long and hard road for those i know that have tried to quit. That being said, i know a lot of people with long-term sobriety that use them. The thing is, that everyone i know who is using steroids responsibly in sobriety didn't immediately start using them when they got sober. I started using them with a year sober, and others i know using responsibly had 5+ years.

The people i've seen start using them immediately after getting sober ended up using steroids addictively and irresponsibly, and it led to them getting high again. Even with a year sober, i was slightly reckless with AAS, using high doses and staying on cycle more than i was off.

I’ve looked into this whole thing greatly in my personal life and I can’t help but entirely disagree with what you’re saying. Steroids are not the problem why people relapse in sobriety. If you become fixated on them and addicted mentally yes it can be a problem, but at this point steroids are just a part of my daily routine to health and happiness. I could miss a shot for the week and it wouldn’t even matter. In fact I’m going to England next week and I won’t be able to bring any with me of course and I’m not worried.

The reason people relapse while on steroids is because of a few reasons. 1) they think they no longer need to do sober things because of their new found power and physique, which is idiotic. Essentially people develop a god complex. 2) Some people are not well equipped to deal with the way AAS alter their mental state. When one uses steroids they need to understand these are powerful compounds which can cause anxiety, mood swings and almost like a mania where you have really high and really low emotions. If someone is not well equipped to deal with their emotions and problems in life, I would never suggest using steroids because they will amplify your feelings greatly.

I would go as far to say that steroids are the reason that I still am sober from opiates today and they saved my life along with other healthy lifestyle changes

Uh...This isn’t meant to be mean but if you’re asking if a corticosteroid will counteract inflammation markers due to an inflammatory diet then I’m going to assume going into the mechanisms and physiological functions isn’t worth the time.

The short answer is definitely no - you’re going to majorly fuck stuff up doing that in a plethora of different ways.
I was on ketamine when I asked that question (took more than my usual 25mg). My mind was like wayyyyyy out there lol. So just ignore that question xD hahaha

I was on ketamine when I asked that question (took more than my usual 25mg). My mind was like wayyyyyy out there lol. So just ignore that question xD hahaha

Haha all good man. Been there many times lmao