• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting OxyContin vs. Eating It

Vladimir777

Bluelighter
Okay, first off, I'm well aware there are many threads throughout BL about this topic, and I was going to post this first in Other Drugs, but decided to do it here since it seems decidedly "basic."

So the OxyContin in question are 80mg green Purdue ones. I was wondering what would help me gain a better high (note: high, not "rush")--parachuting/chewing 10, 15, or 20mg oxy an hour after taking Tagamet or snorting the same amount? According to the Bioavailability MEGA Thread in OD, snorting on average yields a 55-70% bioavailability, while taking it orally nets in a 60-87% rating. I'm aware this varies depending upon a lot of things, but as I said I'd swallow it on a fairly empty stomach after dosing Tagamet at least one hour before, and if I snorted it I'd make sure to crush it up very fine using a razor blade. I'd assume you'd absorb more snorting pieces of an 80mg OC instead of a 10mg one, because there'd be lesser fillers and binders in the 80 than in the 10 compared to its active ingredient. But just out of curiousity, what would you guys do? And I also hear differing reports on how long a snorted high lasts versus a swallowed one--some say snorting lasts half as long; others say it's nearly the same length.

And also, I just thought of a new way of parachuting pills that hadn't come to mind before. Basically, wrap the pill up in a bit of tissue, crush it with something directly in the tissue, and swallow. This is as opposed to crushing the pill up on a mirror and then wrapping it in tissue, which I assume would waste quite a bit of powder. I'll try it out sometime; hopefully it won't tear up the tissue and let loose tons of powder.

Sorry if that was a bit drawn-out or confusing. Please ask questions if anyone doesn't understand what I'm saying. Thank you!

id chew half of it and then snort the other half about an hour later! i would be nice and noddy

It seems like you have a pretty good grasp on what will happen from the different ways of taking it. You gotta decide if you'd rather feel the OC instantly for a shorter period, or have it take a little while for longer effects and maybe a little more intense.

The only problem I saw with your post was the tissue idea. I don't see you crushing the OC very well without tearing the tissue...

never understood the parachuting. Put the pill in your mouth, grind with teeth and swallow. Chew some gum to get rid of taste and enjoy!

BollWeevil said:
It seems like you have a pretty good grasp on what will happen from the different ways of taking it. You gotta decide if you'd rather feel the OC instantly for a shorter period, or have it take a little while for longer effects and maybe a little more intense.

The only problem I saw with your post was the tissue idea. I don't see you crushing the OC very well without tearing the tissue...

Yes, I was kinda worried that might happen if you parachute it that way. I've never tried it myself, though, so I was just curious. And to the other poster: I have chewed OCs before in the past, but my only complaint is that sometimes you feel bits of it getting stuck in your teeth, and I'm scared to waste it that way, but I suppose it's only tiny amounts if anything. Thanks for the responses, guys. And for the first reply, that makes sense, but damn, I don't have a tolerance anywhere near that high. Taking 80mg at once would make me deathly ill. It only takes me 10mg to get high. Any more and I risk getting sick and ruining the fun.

NoddinWitAcoldBilly said:
nasal OC is just a diferent strain of heroin

Ha, explain. You saying snortin' it makes it so powerful that it's close to doing H? I've done H a few times, but I think I got ripped off (despite buying the shit from the streets of Baltimore with people who had bought shit there tons of time).

Even though they're both opiates, Oxycodone is still a very different substance than Heroin. You can compare them, but don't think they are anything close to equivalent substances.

But anyway, as it was mentioned earlier, it's fully your own preference on the method you want to use in this case. A shorter, but potentially more intense high (snorting) or a more solid, drawn out experience (oral). Combining the methods is fairly popular with a lot of people and it definitely gets the job done.

As for your suggested parachuting method, it shouldn't be necessary. As long as you're careful, you wont be wasting much (if any at all) powder on the mirror. It doesn't have any other place to go really, as long as you watch what youre doing. Your way would work just as well though if you felt more comfortable doing that.

I really perfer to chew cause OC is expensive from where I hail, though I always take to the novelty of putting things up my nose due to the instant gratifacation so theres a case there to, but I recently have only chewed because I just don't like to waste good nod

Well I would stick to just snorting it - if you can't compare it to the Heroin in Baltimore than I think you got ripped off. I agree that it's just a different strain of heroin because of the rush that it gives you if you do a healthy dose.

Your tissue idea sounds like it wouldn't work because most tissues that I have seen aren't very strong, I mean they'll hold some fluid here and there but if you take a lighter to it and bang away at a rocky substance, it'll put a whole right through it. I don't think that you will lose too much if you just use a razor at the end and collect everything that was left over on the mirror.

oral oxycodone has a higher bioavailability than nasal oxycodone...

you will get 'higher' by parachuting it, you will feel a very slight 'rush' snorting it

Snorting it will hit you faster, but won't last as long, more of a slow, mindfuck high. Eating it just leaves you feeling good and relaxed. So the choice is yours, be sure to let the first dose hit you before you take more. OC is a dangerous drug and you can easily OD on it.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. "Slow, mind-fuck high"...haha, nice. I've only IVed it once, but is it just me, or is there not much of a rush? Maybe I didn't IV enough, but when I did it, it kinda just hit fast, not sure if you can get what I'm saying. But the only other drug I've shot up is Dilaudid, and that has a very distinctive rush, where you can feel it's different than the high, whereas when I just shot up OC, it was just like the high hit in a second, as opposed to being a strange rush. But I think I shot up more Dilaudid than OC, becuase I was nodding out like crazy and threw up from that, whereas my high from the OC was comfortable (where I like it).

I personally would snort it, the feeling you get from blowing an OC80..................................................................................................that's all that needs to be said. Then again, if you're not a complete fucking addict like my friends and I, you might enjoy swallowing it more.

^^^well...if you're going to be wasting a bunch of oxy by snorting it to get a rush then you may as well just mainline it for the best rush an oc80 can provide =\

staypuft said:
^^^well...if you're going to be wasting a bunch of oxy by snorting it to get a rush then you may as well just mainline it for the best rush an oc80 can provide =\

Yes, except I'm too much a pussy to mainline and have no idea where to get the rigs. Also, my father fatally OD'ed from IVing opiates after being addicted for 20+ years, that's a road I'd rather not travel, at least this way I feel like I have some control over my little problem, I take frequent 2+ week breaks and have never injected anything, opiates never take a priority in my life. Or at least I like to think.

well...with snorting oxycontin you get half the rush of IVing it...if you eat it (parachute) you get no rush...but you're certainly high for longer =)

(imho you should never snort oxycontin...the 'rush' is not worth the waste of a long lasting high...but...to each his own)

i always found the eat some, snort some thing to work. by the time the insufflated wears off, the oral will kick in, and you can be high both instantly and for hours that way. tagamet never hurt for potentiation, either.

Nice thread, of all the times I've done oxy it's strange i've never done anything but swallow it. I guess I tried snorting it a few times unsuccessfully, probably because it the vast majority of the time it was Percocet's (5mg oxycodone / 500mg Tylenol) not technically "Oxycotton." So I'm just wondering is it really that much different snorting it? When people say they get a rush, do them mean like it instantly starts working? Even with coke for me I don't get an "instant rush" it takes at least a few minutes.

Second question, with parachuting in general, does this really make that big a diference, I mean compared to spliting a pill into several pieces with your front teeth and then swallowing them all.

parachuting makes the oxy come on faster, snorting it makes it come on even faster...but yea...just like with coke it does that a minute or two to fully kick in