View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking mxe - making dippers?

rolodex propaganda

Bluelighter
Although I was skeptical at first, after being told by a friend that it was possible to smoke ketamine, I decided to try vaporizing mxe. This is now my preferred ROA for low doses since it hits immediately and has a shorter duration. I was wondering about making dippers with mxe much like people do with another dissociative. What solvent should I use? Any tips?

When I read the title I thought you smoked some MXE and proceeded to make chicken dippers... From reading your post though I feel I have nothing to offer %)

Whatever solvent you use first make sure that it leaves no residue when it evaporates.

The last thing you want is to end up smoking a bunch of greasy petrochemical residue.

Any solvent would work if...
1. It evaporates clean
2. Dissolves the mxe
3. The quicker it evaps the easier it will be.

But it would be very hard to accurately measure the doses if you're just dipping ciggs into an mxe solution.

try isopropyl alcohol (91%) see if it dissolves. if it does, use it! other than that, there's not many other clean OTC solvents that are commonly available.

Prepare the freebase using sodium carbonate or potassium carbonate. Dissolve in diethyl ether, (NOT starter fluid, its full of heptane and oily shite)

IPA might well wet the fag and make it a nasty soggy mess, I imagine, if it is not dry. And I mean, very dry. Not certain it will, but certainly not impossible.

Not done this, although thought about it. It should work, It is a phencyclidine analog (of eticyclidine, more strictly speaking) and PCP is often prepared in vials, dissolved in ether. Shouldn't be too hard to dose either, really, thinking about it. If one dissolves a given quantity in a given volume of ether (note-petroleum ether, aka naptha, is NOT anything similar to diethyl ether, pet ether isn't even an ether, its basically light petroleum distillate fractions mostly), and that given dilution, then soaked onto the fag.

I did try vaping the MXE in the form that it came in from the supplier, as purchased without preparing a freebase, and it really didn't work very well at all. I do not know what form it is in, I am pretty certain it is a salt, and I assume the hydrochloride, being pretty much the most common counterion for many pharmaceuticals, and would make sense, ket in the form compounded for vetinary use is the HCl salt also.

I'm trying to find out at the moment. A bump was placed on foil, and the usual technique applied, attempting to inhale through a rolled Al foil straw. Result was harsh, and vile, and without success. It definately needs to be based before smoking, if it does turn out to be suitable for smoking, I believe in the freebase form there is no reason it shouldn't be.

Should be getting more MXE soon, I shall have to test it. I think I shall freebase it as described, or possibly experiment with NH3(g) bubbled into THF, on a small scale, dissolve a sample, sufficient for spiking one fag in a little dry THF (no ether hanging about but enough THF) Aside from oral and sublingual (unless licking residue from transferring powder, wiped from scale, wiped from rim of bag, et cetera counts) its the only obvious route I have yet to try.

Tell you where one CAN get some 2-propanol, although it is not cheap, IPA is usually cheaper than a syphilitic gutter whore, but, there is usually water content, which of course will not evaporate and will just result in a soggy, designer phencyclidine-spiked mess. Alcohols can be dried, molecular sieves, of the right pore size can do, as can for instance, distillation over calcium carbide (caution, releases acetylene gas as the residual water content reacts irreversibly with the carbide, and acetylene is highly flammable, and in the right concentrations in air, an explosive mixture is formed, sparkless switches on the heating equipment for the flask are a must!)

Mol. sieves are the best bet I imagine for drying bought average IPA, reusable if dried by heat, as not everybody has the equipment to safely perform a distillation. Dry isopropanol, could be obtained in smaller quantities, at a fairly expensive price, as I said, from electronics suppliers. 2-propanol, very, very pure is used in electronics manufacture, in an aerosol spray for removing water, and other soluble rubbish from electronic circuits, as water is completely miscible with IPA, and IPA is volatile enough to efficiently carry trace H2O away. I would use electronics grade IPA if I were the average bear with some MXE and wanting to attempt using IPA to dissolve methoxetamine freebase. Going from my quick and dirty chasing from foil attempt, the form usually supplied is a salt, I would hazard a guess at the hydrochloride, but that is just a guess, based on its safety and wide use as a counterion for forming salts. Does not vaporise properly at all as it is.

Methoxetamine base should be soluable in nonpolar solvents. Diethyl (not petroleum 'ether') ether is used for PCP, THF (tetrahydrofuran) is very similar to diethyl ether in terms of physiochemical properties, as a solvent. More polar than ether, very volatile and will evaporate off quickly, THF is a fair bit more polar than ether, and not too bad at mixing with H2O, freely miscible in fact, whereas diethyl ether, whilst still retaining some significant polarity (polar solvents such as lower alcohols, acetonitrile, DMF, ethyl acetate, etc tend to dissolve other polar substances, or be miscible with same, E.g isopropyl alcohol is freely miscible with water) Non-polar solvents, for example chloroform (very slightly polar IIRC, but behaves as a very nonpolar solvent), methylene chloride/dichloromethane, the alkanes like pentane, hexane, and the aromatic ring-based solvents, such as tolene, xylene, benzene (very nasty stuff, benzene is a fairly potent carcinogen which likes to worm its way into DNA and go about its merry leukaemia-spawning way), these are all nonpolar solvents, which like to dissolve things with a greasy, oily, or waxy sort of nature.

Salts of amines (of which methoxetamine HCl is one, assuming it is the hydrochloride and not some other salt, but the end result is the same) are usually soluable, on the whole, in polar solvents, although it depends on other functional groups present and general polarity, amongst other factors, IPA, acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, ethyl acetate and others dissolve many salts, not sure about the specific soluability of MXE HCl, looking for data on both PCP (more data likely available given the wide distribution and use history of PCP) or eticyclidine, of which MXE is a derivative of and the soluability of those compounds should give a good idea of what will dissolve MXE well.

I am pretty confident that methoxetamine base, will dissolve in either diethyl ether or THF. Bear in mind, when picking something to measure THF out, or store it in, that it eats a great many plastics. It is a great solvent for plastics, rubbers and other polymers. Used for welding PVC together for instance. Any plastic that is intended to come into contact with THF, test it first to make sure it isn't going to dissolve and add a solution of plastic to MXE..that would be most unhealthy to smoke, and not to mention, quite possibly so harsh, irritant and foul as to be unsmokable.

Glass would be the best option, glass eyedropper pipettes are easy to obtain, measuring beakers that are designed for small quantities of substance are dirt cheap, as are glass vials. Weigh out MXE salt, add to polar solvent, dry IPA should be decent, but I am not sure....small quantities of MXE will suffice for testing., treat with equal molar weight of sodium carbonate to MXE salt (rather, since the salt form is not actually known for sure to me at least, molar weight of methoxetamine, should be up on wikipedia, or easy, if one reads up a little very basic science, to look up how to figure out molar mass of a substance) Using hot IPA, or warming the glass container in hot water should speed the freebasing up some. I would then do one of two things:

Filter off the carbonate, I am really tired right now, but I am pretty sure that it isn't too soluable in IPA. I only have methanol here, so can't test for sure with IPA, using a coffee filter, wash the area the solution passed through the filter with a little more IPA, to obtain any MXE left soaked into the filter paper, this should, if the soluability of MXE base is decent in IPA, leave one with a solution of it in dry IPA.

On the other hand, if it is poor, one may either see MXE base precipitating out of solution, either sinking to the bottom or floating on the surface, probably looks a little waxy, or oily perhaps, depends on if its a liquid or solid. Never handled PCP at all (not for want of looking mind you, there just is not very much, as far as I am aware here in the UK, compared to the US), so I am not sure off the top of my head. If it does this, before filtering, it may help forcing as much as possible to precipitate out, by sticking it in the freezer, as solubility of most things, gases excluded, in solvents decreases as the temperature drops.

This could perhaps be evaporated (the isopropanol that is), to leave a mixture of methoxetamine base and if it is the hydrochloride salt originally, then if sodium carbonate or bicarb is used, then the residue will be common salt. then I would try dissolving this residue in a minimum of chilled ether or THF, and filtering. Evaporating the solvent in air (working with maybe 200mg of MXE to start with I would try, 100 if a bit more confident in technique), shouldn't take much solvents up, working on the scale of I would say at the most, 20ml.

With 200mg methoxetamine base, added to 20ml of ether or THF, the result would be 10mg/ml, allowing for easy control of dosing when applied with a dropper, evenly over a fag, allowing to dry then of course, smoking.

DO NOT FUCKING SMOKE NEAR ETHER OR TETRAHYDRO-FUCKING-FLAMMABLE-FURAN!

Also do some googling, and read up on the properties of the chosen solvent, both diethyl ether and tetrahydrofuran react, slowly, with atmospheric oxygen, and form organic peroxides, and hydroperoxides. An inhibitor is often added to commercially supplied ethers, to prevent this, and old ethers must be tested for peroxide, which, once one reads up, is not difficult to do in practise. The inhibitors slow down peroxide formation. These organoperoxides are EXTREMELY shock, friction, electrostatic discharge or passing wind too loudly within about 200 miles. Open an old, crusty bottle of ether/THF, thats got a bunch of white stuff in the screw thread of the bottle? the result would not be pretty. Such etherial refuse is sometimes disposed of by calling the bomb squad up to have them safely blow it up.

My own THF is inhibitor free, so must be handled carefully and with respect, for the sake of safety. If a bottle is newly opened, I squeeze most of the air out, then vent a little argon gas from a welding cylinder (small ones are available that have a small screw-on regulator for small welding setups, rather than having to rent a bloody huge tank), to exclude oxygen as much as possible.

I think I shall definately have to experiment on MXE, and freebase some, and do what you US dustheads do, and make...whaddya call the things, dips? dippers? or something like that. No harm in trying it once, worst that could happen is losing 50mg or so of MXE, one IV shot worth.

^^^That is a very long speculative post, I'm glad I'm not the only one to do such things ;)

However, I have to contradict you on several points. Firstly, I smoked some MXE straight from the supplier (the hydrochloride version) off some foil- it absolutely worked, the effects were almost immediate and had more of a euphoric/nitrous feeling that didn't last very long. Secondly, inspired by this thread, I decided to roll up a spliff dusted with about 50mg of MXE (met an older American hippy who said when he smoked 'angel dust' he'd sprinkle powder in a joint when he rolled it, the liquid pcp thing seems to be more recent than smoking it). I'm smoking it now and it's definately working, it's actually suprising how different the effect profile is when you smoke it- there's much more of a noticible body numbing effect, which is very warm and comfortable, with comparatively little mental effects. Leaves a bit of a nasty taste in your mouth, but it wasn't too acrid. The synergy with cannabis (I'm a heavy/experienced cannabis smoker) makes the experience all the more pleasant, I may actually repeat this ROA...I suppose sooner or later my impulsive tendency to take drugs in 'novel' ways would have to come across something worthwhile.

Oh and also:
For smoking, PCP is best used as the freebase, in contrast to other routes, where it should be administered as the hydrochloride or other salt. Analogs of PCP which contain a secondary, rather than a tertiary amine, such as ketamine or PCE are best administered as the HCl salts even by smoking, because the vapors of the freebases are too caustic
From- http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/pcp/effects.html

Methoxetamine is 3-meo-2-oxo-PCE, so the HCI salt should (and as far as my experience goes, is) be fine for smoking.

MXE sherman now gone, the effects came on virtually immediately and have gained intensity over the last 20 minutes or so. I'm really suprised at how lucid I am, despite my tingly lips and my body feeling like it's made out of jelly. It's very interesting how different ROA can result in radical changes in the effects exerted by the drug.

spliff dusted with about 50mg of MXE

Holy shit! 50mg smoked, this is no joke man! One puff and your in the sky hehe. I personnaly found that MXE Hcl on the foil has a shitty taste and stoped the experiment before feeling any effects. Will give an other try for sure, I've to try my beautiful smokebubble pipe!

Ethyl lactate is available as a 'green' solvent; it's far safer than most other solvents, though also far less volatile, so you'd have to wait some considerable time for the cigarettes to dry. Definitely better than using hardware store naphtha, though!

Make sure that whatever you buy evaporates cleanly. Don't distill or burn ethyl lactate as it will turn into ethyl acrylate which is a horrible lachrymator.

I really don't think it's necessary to dissolve the methoxetamine in some form of solvent, it always seemed like this way done more to allow adulteration/force people to smoke their pcp (rather than say, snorting coke sized line and fucking out- if you smoke half a dozen sticks you're on your own buddy). If smoke cannabis/can roll cigarettes I'd reccomend just spinkling powder over the contents of a rollie (remembering that cannabis will potentiate the MXE, so you might prefer just smoking tobacco despite it's yucky addictive/cancerous tendencies. Using solvents with something that you intend to smoke just seems like asking for trouble, someone is going to burn their face or suck up a whole load of toxic fumes.

A friend of mine who use to do a lot of ketamine said some of his friends smoked almost all of their ketamine in buckeys (gravity bongs/bucket bong)- sprinkling like 20-50mg on a cone of weed, spending days, weeks, doing nothing but sitting round in some dudes living room having K-bongs and playing WoW. So ketamine CAN be smoked (it's just not often done), PCP is often smoked (although I've heard people tend to eat it/snort it more outside of the US), I see no reason why smoking methoxetamine wouldn't work. In my post above I was already very high, my immediate dosage of 50mg is probably more of an example of how methoxetamine has a tendency to make you feel bulletproof...

Anyway, I've smoked methoxetamine a couple more times since my last post, once during a gig (wanted to get off face quickly for set that I was there to see). I'll stand by my initial comments- it is suprisingly different in its effects, there is a much stronger bodily-euphoria/numbness that is produced by smoking. The mental effects do become more pronounced if you smoke more (I smoked about 125mg over 3 spliffs in about 3 hours), but you're still able to 'snap out' of the weird dissociative loop and have a conversation, if you want.

The one thing I will add though is this stuff is pretty caustic. Have you ever smoked meth and made the mistake of letting the vapors, sort of, roll over your tounge and you end up with a nasty little chemical burn on the tip of your tounge the next day? That is one of the side effects of smoking 125mg in one night, it's not as bad as a chemical burn on my tounge I got from 2C-E, but it's still one of the nastier looking drug-inflicted wounds I've suffered.

Solvent

I found a really good solvent, its pretty non toxic. Ok it takes a while to evap but a fan helps here its called Dihydrogen Monoxide.

this will only work with the salt of MXE though as its a polar solvent.

You're saying that I can evaporate Methoxetamine which is in HCl form? Can I use light bulb? How's the taste etc.?

I imagine that you can use a meth-style glass pipe, I can't imagine it would work that differently to smoking it off foil/smoking it in a spliff/cigarette.

The taste isn't too bad, I mean it's in no way pleasant, but it's not overpowering. It numbs your mouth a bit as your smoke it (mxe seems to be a fairly effective local anesthetic) and as I mentioned it can cause chemical burns on your tounge (ala smoking meth). If anything the strong chemical/melting plastic smell that lingers is worse than the taste itself.

I really don't think it's necessary to dissolve the MXE in a solvent- sure you'd look real flash with dipping your cigarellos and leaving them to dry, it's a pretty neat sneaky practice, but really...it's not necessary. Just sprinkle the powder on a rollie/spliff. If you really wanted to infuse something with methoxetamine I wouldn't reccomend pcp-style MXE in solution- you'd have no idea how much you were smoking at any given time. If you really want to go down that route why not infuse cannabis/tobacco/parsley with mxe using the same method as making changa (dmt infused smoking material)? Atleast then you'd have a better idea of how much you were actually smoking and could tailor it to your method of smoking (stronger if you're a bong guy, weaker if you prefer puffing on huge spliffs).

interesting, i hadn't had much luck with smoking/vaping MXE... I put some in a joint once, but perhaps not quite enough, only used about 15 or 20mg, can't remember specifically. Hadn't tried the base pipe yet, as all my base pipes have weird tryptamines or cannabinoids or NBOMe's in them, lol. I was thinking it would be more potent via that route than oral, but sounds like a substantial portion of it may be getting destroyed or lost in the process. I'll try more next time.

It may have a great waste with smoking MXE in a joint! Members of an other forum mention 2-3mg doses smoked for a little ride of 30min, 10mg very powerfull...

It may have a great waste with smoking MXE in a joint! Members of an other forum mention 2-3mg doses smoked for a little ride of 30min, 10mg very powerfull...

It was a waste to smoke it in a joint, however it was considerably easier to smoke, particularly at a party (sitting in the corner taking fat rips off a foil boat ain't no way to make friends). It was on the otherhand easier to titrate my dose without having to add more (and possibly get stuck in a loop and take heaps)- instead I'd take a few hits, be sure to hold them in (like meth or dmt), let it go out, enjoy the buzz, take a few more hits.

As for the dosage, perhaps I have developed a bit of a tolerance (although it's nowhere as big as some of the monster multiple-grams-in-a-week tolerances of some BLers), but 2-3mg is way too low. As I mentioned in my first post, I initially did smoke small weighed amounts off foil- while experimenting with plugging/potentiating/riding the nitrous style rush I found that my threshold dose for plugged (to feel any subjective effects, albeit mild ones) was 10mg so that was my first dose. It was noticible, mild and quite buzzy- once again I'm forced to draw similarities with nitrous. Off foil I found that smoking bumps of about 25mg gave me quite nice effects, however I redosed about 3 or 4 times and at that point decided that smoking this stuff might not be the best habit to develop ;). I find it easier to control the moreishness when you weigh out an amount that you've decided on and roll it all up into a spliff- I can still spend a good 45 minutes taking hits and enjoying the buzz, but I've still only smoked a sane and reasonable amount.

Hmm..have yet to try this...must wait for my next lot of MXE to arrive.

Gah...I should have set aside a little to try this out, before I broke out the micron filters and saline vials, I still need to try local subcutaneous infiltration of a solution into the area of my nerve damage, which resulted from a fucked up knee, and a not too far off as fucked up operation.

The ethyl lactate sounds like in theory a good idea...but, I suggest if an alkyl acyl ester is going to be used as a polar solvent for dissolving the HCl, that ethyl acetate be used instead. Ethyl lactate has a MUCH higher boiling point than does ethyl acetate, 151 degrees C and 77 C respectively.

Water sounds like an AWFUL idea for making a dipper. Or was that sarcasm of some sort I failed to register? ever got a fag soaked in water? it obviously just gets soggy and turns to mush. A solvent that can be soaked into the fags but doesn't wet them is needed.

No idea what EtOAc or ethyl lactate would do to one, and I haven't got any smokes to test it on (have no ethyl lactate here, only acetate, although the formate, benzoate or propanoate esters could be made easily enough, buggered if I am going to waste acyl halides to produce some sort of drug delivery device though)

I still think THF would be a better solvent, even if the freebase is a bad idea to smoke. Its significantly polar, and very volatile. Not, of course, to be fucked about with carelessly, and certainly must be dried out before lighting the things, at least, if you like having eyebrows/lips, and smoking around the stuff..again, make the dips beforehand and smoke them away from the THF!

Hopefully I will get around to testing the HCl salt, seeing as how its likely to be smokeable, given the info supplied in this thread about PCE.

It is indeed surprising how different the effects are via different routes of administration. insufflation always seems to linger, and produce confusion afterwards, until the afterglow the next day. Rectal...not too much experience there...hit me HARD, and relatively quickly, although a good few minutes between administration and onset, and a slower comeup than IV. IM, surprisingly had a slower comeup than rectal, or at least it seems to subjectively.

IV of course, hit quickest. After initially missing a fair few shots getting more practised at IVing (I already knew how..just did so very, very infrequently) with the result that it just went in under the skin, I've come to like the combination of one dose, usually lower than my full IV dose (which is around 40-60mg, by eye, depending on my fancy at the time), shot subcut, so it slowly comes on while I spend the time to prepare a full IV dose, lengthens the trip, whilst not having leaving me confused and scattered for some time afterwards like an intranasal dose would.

Ethyl lactate is going to be a crappy solvent, lactic acid is too close to glycol for my likings. EtOAc or diethyl ether are your best bets for containing freebase. I have a sneaking suspicion the salts of methoxetamine might be soluble in alcohols too.

I don't like pyrolysis, so I can stay out of this. Of course if I were given the opportunity to make a dipper or sherm stick or jeffery or what-have-you, I'd smoke the sh- out of the MXE, oil burner-style before i smoked a cig laced with it.