• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Really messed up dreams days after MDMA

boombastic

Greenlighter
What is this all about? I have experienced it on different levels after every roll. Its like seriously messed up, scattered, racy dreams which are closer to nightmares then anything else. I cant actually remember the dreams themselves but I do remember the zappy kinds of feelings as described in the previous sentence. I end up waking up in a sweat having to splash my face with cold water, heart racing.

Is it the effects of MDMA itself on the brain, or is it more to do with sleep deprivation? I have been having the dreams each night for the last three nights since taking the drug on Saturday. Hopefully tonight things will be back to normal.

Quick side question: If there was one food you would swear by during the week after ingestion, what would it be!?

Hmmm someone else will probably have a better answer, as mine is just off the top of my head, but I would assume that it has something to do with serotonin levels (serotonin regulates sleep and as far as I know, both lower and higher levels of serotonin can cause nightmares, as well as 'brain zaps'). A lot of people, myself included, often experience sleep paralysis after rolling too. It's strange. It's most definitely more to do with the effects of MDMA on brain chemistry than the sleep deprivation.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is your usual dosage? How often are you using MDMA? How long do the nightmares typically take to go away? Are you on any other medications? MDMA can cause all kinds of shitty after effects, especially if you're using often or in high doses. Just take care of yourself, eat well, lots of water, sleep, etc. and it should pass. :)

So glad you posted this, posted in Cuddle Puddle yesterday about pretty much the same thing, also made a thread about Sleep Paralysis a while back. For me it's pretty much clock work, two nights after doing MDMA I have some really vivid fucked up dream and/or Sleep Paralysis. The thought of actually thiking about it makes my eyes water so much, I almost think I've pretty much fully repressed the first time it happened badly, my eyes are literally running and tearing up now.

In all honestly the sleep paralysis has made `normal` nightmares a walk in the park, to the point where they don't even bother me. It's the paralysis that does, last night I got it as I was falling asleep and earlier tonight I dosed off and it happened for a few minutes. I always kind of know what's happening and it turns into some fucked up lucid rape dream/experience where I'm semi awake and unable to move. Usually the more I try and more the louder the noises/screeching gets. It always feels so real, even in the (sort of) dream I'm paralysed to. Easily the most fucked up experiences of my life, drugs don't even compare to it. I watched a vice documentary about the worlds scariest drug (Scopolamine) and then proceeded to have a semi conscious nightmare where I'd be tricked into thinking I was awake, be unable to move with shadows and footsteps all round me and then end up in a full on nightmare again. Even during the nightmare there were points where everything would go normal and then some sick/twisted girl would scatter up the wall and I'd just break down because I knew I was still asleep. All of this while in the dream I felt drugged.

Always happens to me and there always crazy and really fucked up.

I've always thought it had to do with yout serotonin comin back.

I too experience terrifying sleep paralaysis and incredibly lucid and sometimes disturbing dreams after sert releasers, especially 5-APB if I dose too much. With MDMA I typically dont go above 225mgs so I don't get much but a few nights of heavy dreams that feel like I'm in a movie or something. However if I take MDMA 2 days in a row I sleep fine the first night with no dreams but when I sleep the following night I will have the worst sleep paralysis ever which yes, is related to depleted serotonin levels. Anytime my eyes close for more than a couple minutes I hear a loud ringing so I open my eyes and realize I'm going through SP so I'm freaking the fuck out trying to move and then I manage to wake up. This shit will happen up to 10x throughout the night if I took too much and it's incredibly frustrating.

The good thing is that after this night the SP stops but for the next 5 days I experience the most disturbing dreams ever. One of these dreams I will never forget, I was in one of those St. Judes cancer treatment center commercials in some horror film like hospital and all around me were dying children going through chemo saying "please help me" and a bunch of other sad shit I can't recall. Then at one point one of the dying kids told me to grab his hand and he said "I'm taking you to heaven with me" and flew away with me like you would imagine superman lifting off, leaving the ground shaking and I woke up immediately after that by a massive brain zap in a cold sweat. For about an hour after that dream I just stared at the wall almost in tears, it was that vivid and disturbing.

Some things I've found that help are magnesium, cannabis, and benzos(although some report the opposite). If your struggling from sleep paralysis your supposed to sleep on your side. Something like 70% of times that sleep paralysis is experienced when people are sleeping on their back. Both magnesium and cannabis stop me from dreaming. It's widely known amongst stoners that long term use of weed reduces your dreams so smoking a bowl before bed helps. Benzos have been said to induce SP but for me they are a guaranteed night of deep sleep with no dreams so it all depends on the individual. One last thing that I cannot stress enough, DON'T TAKE 5-HTP!!! 5-htp doesn't do SHIT to speed up recovery and in itself will induce terrifying nightmares and sleep paralysis, even without MDMA. Couple this with depleted serotonin and your almost guaranteed to have a fun night :p. Another thing I'll go ahead and add to that 'do not take' list for those suffering is Melatonin. Please don't take Melatonin after roll unless you want to have a fucked up night. If you don't believe me take some melatonin on a night that your sober and you will have some vivid dreams that will only be made worst after a roll.

Oh and to answer your last question, KALE!!! Kale tastes like shit but I swear a kale shake the morning after a rough night of alcohol or MDMA is like popeye eating his spinach. Kale is loaded with vitamins and truely is a superfood, check it out. You can get a nice sized bunch at the grocery store for like a buck (lmao is grocery store sourcing against the BLUA?)

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, how much is your usual dosage? How often are you using MDMA? How long do the nightmares typically take to go away? Are you on any other medications? MDMA can cause all kinds of shitty after effects, especially if you're using often or in high doses. Just take care of yourself, eat well, lots of water, sleep, etc. and it should pass. :)

I dont do it very often. I would estimate around about 15 times in a 3 year period. To be honest I think its time to hang up the gloves now. It doesnt elevate my night anymore. It doesnt excite me like those first 6 or 7 times. I don't even remember Saturday, and what the hell is the point if you cant even remember it. To be honest the last four or five times have all been a bit... Average. I won't say never again, but I will say not for a long time now, and probably never again in a club setting unless away on a certain holiday. Other than that I will be leaving it for the odd festival, if that.

Well last night I slept as normal, no more messed up dreams. So it lasted just the 3 nights. Thank goodness I have had absolutely nothing to do this week! Now I just want my motivation back in full. And by the way I too once suffered from sleep paralysis. It was horrific!

This shit sounds scary as fuck... Does anyone reconsider their decision to actually take MDMA because of sleep paralysis? Luckily I've never experienced it. I suppose the nearest thing I've had is having conversations with my friends in my head while I'm half asleep, and then replying to them out loud. That's kind of funny though, not too scary.

This shit sounds scary as fuck... Does anyone reconsider their decision to actually take MDMA because of sleep paralysis? Luckily I've never experienced it. I suppose the nearest thing I've had is having conversations with my friends in my head while I'm half asleep, and then replying to them out loud. That's kind of funny though, not too scary.

Its only happened to me once out of all the times I've done it. If it hasn't happened to you I wouldn't worry about it happening. Maybe if you overdo it a lot in one week it may occur. Its harmless though, just frightening.

I get these vivid nightmarish dreams everytime after heavy 6-apb/5-apb rolls. Last time it was very bad lasted over 1 week. Woke up 2-4 times every night covered in sweat dreaming about me killing people with chainsaws and stuff. My own fault though i binged on 6/5-APB, MDMA, Methylone & Mephedrone, silly me.. Hate it, afraid of going to bed.

Yes, I definately pick and choose more carefully as of late. Like I said I can get away with one MDMA use but if I'm gonna dose twice in a week there better be a good reason. Also, when I take APB's I pretty much know on the second night that I'm going to have a horrific night so just laying down to go to sleep is scary in itself. Sleep paralysis sucks because you can actually full on hallucinate. One time I was hearing people conspiring to kill me so I tried to get up but when I opened my eyes there were two CIA looking agents with no faces staring at me so I tried to get up and run and my 'spirit' got up and fell face first into the ground. As soon as my 'spirit' hit the ground I woke up lying on my back, as usual drenched in sweat. This was after taking 300mgs of 5-apb the day after a 60mg aMT(another potent releaser for those who don't know). This can all be avoided by responsible use and the use of the medications in my previous post. I only get SP when I'm guilty of overindulging.

Last edited:
I never used to get the nightmares when I first started taking pills but as time went on I started getting them everytime the following night after dropping. First few times it was only maybe the next night but towards the end it was for 3 - 5 nights afterwards. I think that should have been the warning to either cut back or cut it out for a while. If everyone is honest with themselves you start noticing these little signs happening but turn a blind eye to them because the buzz is so good.

Anyway last i time i took MDMA was coming up to two years ago. I then had an episode a couple of nights later which involved a feeling like a heart attack. Still to this day the hospital could not say for definite if I did or didn't have a heart attack but my ECG was abnormal and showed signs of an attack (but stimulants especially coke can do that) Since that time I have had numerous doctors/hospital visits. I now have an irregular heartbeart and some weird muscle spasms. I can randomly have sleep apnea or worse still nights where i constantly jump in my sleep (waking myself up throughout the night up to 15-20 times in a night). It actually starts putting you in fear of going to bed at night. And the horrible thing is that they are completely random. I can go 5 weeks not having an episode and then a week of sleepless hell.

I know that I was overdoing it on the MDMA. I had been taking it for over 20 years. Not every year during that time but the last few years it was every month and sometimes twice a month. And my body or brain was telling me to calm it down but I chose to ignore it. My advice is give yourself a decent rest from it. You will enjoy it more anyway the next time you take it. I am from the generation that started dropping in the late 80's and I guess no-one really knows what impact if any that can/will have longterm (if any).

If I had the last 4 years again I would be far more conservative with the drug and if your body is telling you stuff like mine was then you need to react to that. Longer comedown's / weird dreams / more anxiety are all signs of things not being quite right. Don't let it get worse then that.

That's my twopence worth.

Yeah, to be honest once you know it's happening it's not to bad. Still scary as fuck but you know you'll wake up if you hold your breath and wiggle your fingers/toes long enough.

I know how old this is but I just looked this up as I woke up from a night terror/sleep paralysis dream. I jerked my head so hard when I woke up my neck is sore. I've been using the purest teeth chattering eye wiggling MDMA I could find on a 4 day binge..suppose that'd be the first mistake. Anyhow it's the good stuff. Not speedy but certainly warm and happy roll. But it's been 2 days like a lot of people said and I felt trapped in that nightmare for hours. Half the time I didn't know where I was, the other half I was in my room trembling with people coming through my bedroom door disappearing into the darkness while I was unable to speak or move. Even when I knew it wasn't real with no escape. I'm gunna try smoking a bowl tonight maybe that will help.

back when i abused mdma, i was having brain zaps and feeling like i'm spinning on bed upside down when i sleep. worst 2 weeks of my life.

My grandpa's dead uncle had the same condition. He was a narcoleptic. Someone who experiences occasional sleep paralysis and day time sleep attacks. He wasn't even aware of his condition because it was not very severe. He was cool with occasional sleep paralysis and he related his sleepiness to his lazy nature. But after the MDMA experience, the frequency and the severity of sleep attacks and sleep paralysis enourmously increased, he had to see a doctor. After seeing a doctor he realized his narcolepsy. You might have the same condition. See a neurolog and get a polysomnogram (PSG) and the multiple sleep latency test (MSLT). Your values will show that you are a narcoleptic or not. Do not care about comments of people who are not narcoleptics. It is the biggest mistake about these forums. Drugs can have different effects on different people. Someone can just do great after MDMA and someone else can suffer for days or even weeks to recover. There are really some ignorant people who will never say a single negative comment about their favourite drug.

My uncle tried MDMA 9 times in the last 18 months and the same happened after almost every experience.

If someone has been on this before please write to me. My grandpa really curious if he will ever totally recover like he never tried it.

Read below

http://narcolepsymdma.blogspot.com.t...a-and.html?m=1

My grandpa's dead uncle had the same condition. He was a narcoleptic. Someone who experiences occasional sleep paralysis and day time sleep attacks. He wasn't even aware of his condition because it was not very severe. He was cool with occasional sleep paralysis and he related his sleepiness to his lazy nature. But after the MDMA experience, the frequency and the severity of sleep attacks and sleep paralysis enourmously increased, he had to see a doctor. After seeing a doctor he realized his narcolepsy. You might have the same condition. See a neurolog and get a polysomnogram (PSG) and the multiple sleep latency test (MSLT). Your values will show that you are a narcoleptic or not. Do not care about comments of people who are not narcoleptics. It is the biggest mistake about these forums. Drugs can have different effects on different people. Someone can just do great after MDMA and someone else can suffer for days or even weeks to recover. There are really some ignorant people who will never say a single negative comment about their favourite drug.

My uncle tried MDMA 9 times in the last 18 months and the same happened after almost every experience.

If someone has been on this before please write to me. My grandpa really curious if he will ever totally recover like he never tried it.

Read below

http://narcolepsymdma.blogspot.com.t...a-and.html?m=1
I'm confused if your talking about your uncle or your grandpa? And I thought it was your grandpa's uncle....not yours...see how annoying and confusing your being
Ps. 9 times in 8 months is tooooo much

I had this dream once where someone had put a computer virus in my brain. Sounds funny now but bothered me for about a year. I just couldn't shake it. This was after a heavy session.

Sleep paralysis is an interesting one for me. My advice on dealing with it is to relax let go and don't try to move.

My belief on sleep paralysis it that it's the first part of an out of body experience. So after letting go try to think of a place you would like to be. Good luck :)