• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Question about buying prescription drugs in Australia

Yeah i heard this on the radio the other day as it currently stands there is no collective data base. But a pm or something was pushing for it. Some privacys issues were raised.

yeah it will start to become a little to big brother. I hope it doesn't happen.

They won't have forgotten in a month, computer's don't forget things. They know what you are doing the first time you walk in. If you really have to do it, don't go back to the same place within 6 months I'd say, that way the cops will always have runners that are more active than you. This is no guarantee though.

My advice was not to runners, it was to people who want to use Sudafed 6 Hour without the intention of using it to make meth. Thirty 60mg pseudo tablets could easily be used by someone for nasal decongestion within a month, with an average dosage of 1 tablet 3-4 times per day (as recommended). Patients who require the frequent use of pseudo for congestion shouldn't be worried about how long their record is kept at a pharmacy for - they should go back and freely discuss their need for the medicine with a trustworthy pharmacist, who will then refer them to a GP if necessary.

So if you really 'have to do it' (i.e. use pseudoephedrine tablets without scoffing down paracetamol or antihistamines), then go to your regular pharmacist and tell them you are not involved in the illegal production of drugs and would like to use the product for yourself.

It's not about dwindling demand, it's about dwindling supply.

Have you ever wondered where the speed will come from if the demand remains but the (supposed) main source is choked off? People won't just go and play darts with their spare time instead.

What measures do you think should be put in place to deal with the problems associated with speed addiction that I see every shift?

There are far more aspects to treating/preventing addiction than attempting to cut off supply, which has proven to be futile time and time again. Get them off speed, and they may well find another drug to abuse. There are many personal factors involved in addiction; social, environmental etc., not to mention some personal responsibility for their addiction. Addicts often need broader help in their lives than just cutting off a chemical that they use, as well as education on how to minimise risks associated with recreational drugs, particularly the trap of dependence and addiction. But even with all the help and education in the world, I'm sure that some people will still succumb to drug addiction. That is the reality of our world.

On Bluelight you see plenty of people who use drugs with high addiction potential, yet do not compromise their control of the drug or their health, even after years of use. But this website may not necessarily be a reflection of the public at large and usage trends. So, if there was some evidence that cutting off pseudoephedrine --> reduced availability of amphetamines on the street --> less overall health and social problems, then perhaps I would reconsider my stance toward targeting production.

But at the moment, as far as measures are concerned, I like the idea of providing a legal, regulated drug with lower abuse potential as an alternative to using street stimulants (see NZ). I reckon it is important to avoid neglecting the masses of people who choose to use drugs for their own pleasure, and who are able to do so without becoming a stereotype of the "junkie" minority. Some drugs might disappear but we certainly won't.

That is what harm reduction is all about.

??

clocker, I write
I am not a doctor shopper, I am really just trying to understand who really is in control and has access to information.

and then you write
Then don't clog up the health system with doctor shopping and waste tax payer's money.

I say don't waste my or Bluelight's time with posts that are contradictory.
I pay tax and I work for the government so get real; Also I don't mind whether pharmacies communicate with eachother or not.

Are you a pharmacist with a degree or a pharmacy counter assistant?

Regarding:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you write "senile moron" on the files of patients with dementia, or "limp dick" on patients who suffer from erectile dysfunction?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clocker: No, we don't write it (but we could think it), these people have genuine complaints. Customers that become aggressive, threaten your person or are obviously abusing the system get no love and others working in the pharmacy need to be made aware of this.

So you are saying that people that the exact people that ARE needing love to sort everything out are not getting it because you want to play your own "evil" system of justice?

What?