• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Psilocybe semilanceata in Melbourne

I could swear you had a picture link to them in your previous post...perhaps I googled them /checks

Okok heres link
http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Psilocybe_cyanescens.html

Magic mushrooms of california I realise, and i also realise that superficial resemblance means little but unless you could find me a picture of a sub that looks EXACTLY like that im not convinced...exact same translucent edges EXACT same colour, the thicker stem than ive noticed on other sub's, that EXACT cbone/cinamon coloured gills with blueing appearing most noticeable aroudn the very rim and just under the gills, EXACT same gill formation (long short middle, long short middle)....seriously, i find it impossible to distinguish those from the mushrooms ive been eating this season...

Is it at least possible that these have been migrated to the southern hemisphere and i have found two random patches of them? Ive never seen ones exactly liek this anywhere else, im not a nub, and i went through well over a hundred of these not two months gone examining them all in eerie fiendish detail

Guess I cant prove shit till next season anyways :D Got me a digital camera now ;)

Nah i understand what your saying. I found maybe 1000 subs this season and some of them were so close to azures/cyans that i had to second guess myself. However the difference between subs and cyans is at a macroscopic level. They basically have identical appearances, and very similar potency however on a macroscopic level, they differ slightly.

Im not sure if your a member of the shroomery but if you are, you would know of mjshroomer aka mushroom john. I have spoken to him about it and as far as he is concerned, cyans and azures are not present in Australia to his or anyone else's knowledge.

Yeh Id never read anything to say they were which is why I found that pic rather startling!!!

Yah Im a member there and it would be wise not to ignore mj :D Cant say ive ever had a chance to look at spores under a micoscope myself...

It still remains somethign that has absolutely MYSTIFIED me though...there has been at least 4 types of 'subs' that have appeared so different that i have second guessed whether i had the right thing till they started blueing like crazy...absolutely FREAKISH how much these bastards can adapt to their surroundings...one patch literally bears no outward resemblance to other patches

Yeah, subs and similar species are very variable. Mushrooms in the same patch can take on such a different appearance, sometimes you dont know if you have the same thing until it goes intensely blue, as you said. One thing i do know is that they are fucking potent though! =D =D

In one of my patches of maybe 100 metres sq, grow normal regular subbies. But within that patch, there is an area of maybe 2 metres sq that consistently grow the wavy cap variety every year.

They are so closely similier to the ones in the link posted above, and so different to the mushrooms surrounding them, that I am happy calling them Psilocybe Cyanescens.

shorza said:
In one of my patches of maybe 100 metres sq, grow normal regular subbies. But within that patch, there is an area of maybe 2 metres sq that consistently grow the wavy cap variety every year.

They are so closely similier to the ones in the link posted above, and so different to the mushrooms surrounding them, that I am happy calling them Psilocybe Cyanescens.

you might be happy calling them cyans but im sure if they knew they wouldnt like it ;) what you think are Psilocybe cyanescens are much more likely to be Psilocybe australiana, otherwise known as P. subaeruginosa.

Yeah i agree with atom boy. Just because they have wavy caps doesnt mean they are cyans. I forgot about Australiana and Eucalypta. It is much more likely to be a sub-species of sub such as australiana and eucalypta rather than a completely foreign species such as cyans and azures.

With the risk of straying off topic
100_1503a.jpg

This was found with a few metres of this patch:

23849100_1483.jpg

I would like to think that it is a different species all together.

I still dont believe that is a cyan. Cyans for one have characteristically fat stems. Your one doesnt. Im guessing its a sub species as said before.

print_cyan_seattle.jpg

Notice the fat stem?

Anyway i think this conversation is over, no one is going to be able to tell without macroscopically identifying them, and that cant happen til next season. Its a fruitless debate :p

^^ I agree.. Shorza's pic is definatly not a cyan.. Fungus are rather erratic. They tend to vary alot depending on habitat, climate and food source. This variation makes them hard to identify.

I think if would be possible to find Semilanceata in the surrounds of Melbourne. I have heard several reports of people finding them to the West of the city. Near Cape Otway and places like that growing out of the grasses in fields.

Ewok : The fact that you had perception change interests me. Maybe they are semilanceata? I have never heard of any other psychoactive chemical in mushrooms apart from psilocybin and muscimol.

Its possible to have reactions like that with mushrooms.. I find its very hit and miss.. Sometimes it dosnt effect my stomach , sometimes i find myself pretty fucking sick.

I think Ewok summed it up perfectly when he said this:

Ewok said:
The symptoms that I had were most surely some form of hepatic poisoning since I know the feeling from a very serious paracetamol overdose a couple of years and it was close to identical. Secondly I had the classic 2 day wait before symptoms came back.

Yeah ol' Ewok forgot to mention a few things. DIDN'T'CHA!

both here and the shroomery.

Originally posted by Ewok at the shroomery: "I drank about half a bottle of vodka a few hrs before eating the shrooms and ~200mg of pure MDA."

Become wiser quickly...

It amazes me how many people make it through 'youth' considering the super hero complex that seems to dominate at the time. Looking back I also did some silly things when growing up but really, I never ate random mushrooms.... I mean I made guns, high explosives, nearly burnt myself to death one time with petrol. But I was never stupid enough to eat a mushroom without knowing EXACTLY what it was. I did years of study before I even dared to make a tentative guess at a mushrooms identity.

I consider some of the things I did as a youth to be dangerous but none to high risk as what you have done here Ewok. Im disappointed by your disregard for honesty with your peers as well. Some mushrooms can actually be non toxic until alcohol is consumed.. at which point you can become seriously ill. I have no Idea what ~200 mg of supposed MDA could do to complicate the situation. Sounds to me you don't even know what drugs do to you. Do some research on MDA before you make any claims that this unknown mushroom had any effect on you expect possible poisoning.

Your a silly little kid (I assume boy by your attitudes) and you need to grow up before you hurt yourself more. It sounds like you may have some depression or behavioural difficulties. Don't let this get you down, your not alone, many people have these problems and still manage to get through life. Trying to hurt yourself is really selfish and hurts the people you love (yes... you love the people around you. Accept it now not when they are dead).

I hope you come through this in one piece and wiser from the experience.