• i don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i don't vote (non-australian citizen)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Taliana

Bluelight Crew
National Election 2004

This year is the time for change people.

ENROL TO VOTE. DO IT. NOW. You have until COB 7th September (next tuesday) to get your voting form in, PLEASE do it. You can pick them up from the post office. OR here: .http://www.aec.gov.au/_content/what/enrolment/forms.htm (thanks keystroke)

Election Date: October 9th 2004.

Don't dummy vote. Educate yourself *now* about what is going on in Australian politics so you feel you have chosen the right candidate.

You live in a democratic society, so please. Vote. Have your say :)

Here is the place to talk about the ins and outs of the upcoming national election. What do you like about each party and their policies. What you don't like. Discuss.

mods: i searched for a similar thread but couldnt find one recent one... this is more to do with this current election.

Last edited:
Side note: You can also print off an enrolment form from the AEC website and fax it in, if you're too lazy to go to the post office (as I am). And remember to change your address if you've moved, or you'll get a FINE!

14.gif

--

die howard, you fucking cunt, die.

hmmm, i never actually enroled myself to vote (i know; shame on me, shame on me)... and now im kinda scared if i do finally go to enrol they'll go right, that's like 3 years worth of fines for you! :(

anyone know the policy on this?

I Speak with no authority, but i do believe if you have never been enrolled they cannot fine you as you are a new enrollment. If you had alreayd been enrolled, thats another story.

Don't take my word for it though (just in case).

But, ENROL! If you dont start now, you NEVER will. Have your say dammit.

drEaMtiMe*@# said:
hmmm, i never actually enroled myself to vote (i know; shame on me, shame on me)... and now im kinda scared if i do finally go to enrol they'll go right, that's like 3 years worth of fines for you! :(

anyone know the policy on this?

you can enrol online, see the sticky in the Current Events and Politics thread for the website :)

keystroke said:
and don't vote that little weasel back in again - anyone that is a prime minister and can't afford an eyebrow waxing is really not what we want.

he,he,he,he,he..................... ;)

Just don't vote for the federal Liberal party full stop.

I'm voting and interesting for me I live in the electorate of 'Bennelong' - John Howard's seat :p.

The seat that John Valder ("Ex-federal Liberal Party President") is running a 'NOT HAPPY JOHN' campaign.It says something, when someone that was in the inside wants the leader gone.

As a liberal voter i'm very much in the minority on this website, but like the rest of conservative australia i intend on keeping out of political discussions and speaking instead with my ballot paper. My elecorate could go either way so it should be an interesting to see how it turns out. Last election they were predicting a labor victory but the libs just hung on.

^^^ exactly.

i don't mean to get personal, but it seems that most liberal voters do exactly that; if there's such good reason to fucking vote liberal, why don't you TELL US what it is?

and i mean this with no disrespect to you personally :) (any probs, feel free to pm me with random abuse ;)).

Latham all the way..... I hope that champ gets elected, he just seems like a normal bloke... someone that we really want in parliament.. instead of someone whos daughter gets married on grand final day... ;)

I'm a liberal voter, but for me this year it has nothing to do with John Howard being fabulous, as clearly he isn't. I just can't stand Mark Latham, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. I'm going almost completely on a vibe I get from him here, and I'm generally pretty spot on. Gimpy, childish, wimpy Mark Latham will not get my vote!

onetwothreefour said:
^^^ exactly.

i don't mean to get personal, but it seems that most liberal voters do exactly that; if there's such good reason to fucking vote liberal, why don't you TELL US what it is?

and i mean this with no disrespect to you personally :) (any probs, feel free to pm me with random abuse ;)).

we vote liberal to give people like you a purpose. ;)

brad- i think its just that most libs are not as outspoken as some labor voters :) simply because of the agressiveness of some people, esp. labor voters on b.l

anyway - how do u know if your enrolled or not? i think i got sent some crap on my bday to fill out but im not sure...is there some way of checking?

I don't like the liberals or the labour party .. greens all the way.
Policies
Drug Policy

A vote for the greens is a vote for the bluelight nation :)

Taken from the greens site:

The PM says the election will be about trust. Which John Howard lie undermines his claim the most?

a) Children overboard
b) Weapons of Mass Destruction
c) The GST

whatta ya say 1234, can we get this made into a poll? ;) =D

Its hard to know who to vote for these days... I mean i hear enough garble from both sides to just throw my vote away and vote greens, like ive done pretty much every time before.... so yeah ill probably vote greens... cause i dont mind throwing my vote away but i dont wanna get laughed at if i vote democrats

onetwothreefour said:

VERY GOOD point, I want to hear too, why people vote for the current federal Liberal party?

Backo said:
Its hard to know who to vote for these days... I mean i hear enough garble from both sides to just throw my vote away and vote greens, like ive done pretty much every time before.... so yeah ill probably vote greens... cause i dont mind throwing my vote away but i dont wanna get laughed at if i vote democrats

Good points Backo ;).

For myself,I'm voting Greens(Andrew Wilkie to be exact).I know by many it's considered a wasted vote,but I vote for what I believe in, rather than vote for a party because it's only out of two parties to run the country.Mind you I hope Labor get in over this current Liberal party.

Yeah I'd vote liberal as well, only problem is that they arent actually liberal. Its more like the top two parties are both different shades of hard right politics. Vote GREENS!! No matter what howard says will happen in the future he is a liar, a G W Bush clone. At least the greens recognise global warming, and it'll be fun having someone in politics who is not a narcissist.