• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

This is out of late summer 2020, done with a full spectrum camera and a 720nm (infrared) pass-filter at 10mm (hence the distortion), ISO200 and 4s with f/13, literally 10 seconds before the sky finally opened up and it began to rain hard. Fortunately I had a big plasic bag with me so I could protect my gear, but I got soaked. 😅 The clouds got heavier and heavier and were hanging so low, it felt like one could touch them. Even though I had not much intention (was doing some test shots as long as the weather was holding out), I got to like this photograph quite a bit. Find it's simple, rich in texture and has a three-dimensional feel to it, and the sky adds drama. Perhaps you like too.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow that's gorgeous!! I love it.

I got a new macro photography lens for my Nikon 3200D for Christmas, I've been playing with it some, I'll have to post some pictures soon.

Wow that's gorgeous!! I love it.

I got a new macro photography lens for my Nikon 3200D for Christmas, I've been playing with it some, I'll have to post some pictures soon.
Thanks. 😊 Looking forward to the fruits of your first macro trials; hope your expectations are somewhat met (which of course depends on many things).
PS.: Not that it matters, but I think it's D3200; all digital Nikons are named that way I believe. 😇

You're quite correct. :)

Here is one of my favorite photos I have ever taken, with my Nikon D3200. I leaned backwards over a railing until I was able to take the photo upside down. It swaps the position of the water and the sky. Like a perfectly serene mirror reflection while the air roils with heat mirages.

Shit! I put that image on photobucket and it's gone now. I hope I can find it again and put it on imgur. :\

And this is another of my favotires:

oSCbo9d.jpg

That's soo pretty. I'm going to frame it.
Sorrry. Took it. <3
kyOBQqD.jpg

Are you being serious here or are you mocking me in some of faith way?

Honestly you think that is a good photo? IF you really like my stuff take what you want, do whatever you want with it as I'm pleased my stuff makes an impact upon someone. All people who take photos want somebody to like their stuff & I know myself how people like Roger Ballen, Daido Moriyama, Boogie etc impacted my life & the joy I get from their work.

I have a FB page if you wanna check it out?

Enduring awesomeness.

I asked these people if I could have this one picture from Lourdes. And they said no. (Yeah they framed it didn't save another one or didnt duplicate it. )

I suppose I could have took a picture of the framed picture. But long story short.

Your portrait turned out so much better. So Thank You tremendously and I finally got my picture of Europe that I missed out on.

I can tell it is authentic. I have to find the name again. It is in other thread. I will. Thnxx.

Last edited:
Walked from my flat all the way to The National Trust land at Kinver as I'd learned about Meg-O-Fox's Hole AKA Nanny's Cave. Took me bloody hours but it was so cool to find it & get in there.

Got some photos of the place, when summer comes round I'm gonna sleep there for a night.

ibb.co

IMG-3242

Image IMG-3242 hosted in ImgBB
ibb.co
ibb.co

IMG-3246

Image IMG-3246 hosted in ImgBB
ibb.co
ibb.co

IMG-3249

Image IMG-3249 hosted in ImgBB
ib.c

Thank you for your kindness and for sharing when they weren't able to.
I will appreciate the your talents. Always. 💗

you're awesome !

Took you this long to figure it out?

My stuff is just a poor rip off of the stuff coming out of Japan in the 1960's via PROVOKE magazine.
Takuma Nakahira who began the magazine & his good friend Daido Moriyama (who I worship) began a whole scene with their heavy Black & white, long exposure stuff.

Daido Moriyama had his own room at Tate Modern, his work has been on display on a permanent basis there which shows his global appeal & the Respect he gets in the photography world. When Covid-19 is over I highly recommend you go see his work at Tate.

The work of Moriyama means so much to me I went dope sick for 36 hours so I could get the coach to London just to see his work, it changed the way I see photos & take them.

Enjoy 😊

Took you this long to figure it out?

My stuff is just a poor rip off of the stuff coming out of Japan in the 1960's via PROVOKE magazine.
Takuma Nakahira who began the magazine & his good friend Daido Moriyama (who I worship) began a whole scene with their heavy Black & white, long exposure stuff.

Daido Moriyama had his own room at Tate Modern, his work has been on display on a permanent basis there which shows his global appeal & the Respect he gets in the photography world. When Covid-19 is over I highly recommend you go see his work at Tate.

The work of Moriyama means so much to me I went dope sick for 36 hours so I could get the coach to London just to see his work, it changed the way I see photos & take them.

Enjoy 😊
Well the Lourdes picture was all shades of brass and gold and the crosses.

I like this particular photography though.
It will be a fantastic fantastic frame.

I have been in the Mediterranean region. The art there is scary.

pIulq7u.jpg

WRsH7m4.jpg

I threw some holy water on it. Very amazing art work. Definitely going to frame this one.
he hee he.
It took me over 45 minutes to post this. It didn't want to go in. Got some energy in it !
The original is perfect. WOW.

Love this !!!

pIulq7u.jpg

WRsH7m4.jpg

I threw some holy water on it. Very amazing art work. Definitely going to frame this one.
he hee he.
It took me over 45 minutes to post this. It didn't want to go in. Got some energy in it !
The original is perfect. WOW.

Love this !!!
The Purple one is fucking amazing, you done great imho.

Damn man you gone & made it really pop out sssssooooo hard here.

You managed to really capture the oddness I was trying to capture. It really got me with the form the trees had taken.
That was right by the hermit witches cave too & old Slavic folklore tells how nature grows odd the closer a human gets to the hut of Baba Yaga oddly enough.

I'm really impressed to say the least!!!

See what you can do with the braces photo please, feel free to edit anything I've done & stick it up anywhere you think it will be seen & impact upon someone. I'm really impressed.